HD Team League Season 2

Started by myndzi, April 25, 2011, 10:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolmaninsano

Entering season two is Hopeless Romantics.

~ Aaron (captain)
~ Larry
~ DrPete
~ Pikiwedia
~ KevinDDR
~ Joeybeans
~ virulent
~ colorhapsody
~ kdbar
~ Repetition314
~ Harganslee
~ Arias

myndzi

Hells yeah. You guys have a match to schedule, it's all posted in the scheduling thread. Good luck!

myndzi

I updated HDTL-E to use wall-only wallkicks. The I doesn't kick, but that shouldn't be an issue. Pieces won't kick in the stack, only from the wall.

Ukrainian4Life

Quote from: myndzi
I updated HDTL-E to use wall-only wallkicks. The I doesn't kick, but that shouldn't be an issue. Pieces won't kick in the stack, only from the wall.

Woot! Thank you. =]
"I am dreaming less and sleeping more, but I'll sell my soul for the dream you stole." - Armor for Sleep

Radiance

please drop songbird from hdtl2. neither of our two team organizers are free enough to keep up with scheduling. hope everything goes well!
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i.imgur.com/Kgw5H.gif\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i.imgur.com/Kgw5H.gif\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Profane

Please add Radiance to Stars plz and thank you.  starting to look very SFtastic in this bioooatch.

Ravendarksky

Please add goofer to Eurofighters. I will be adding tripcode to my reply on #3 of this thread asap.

Can he play in this weekends match seeing as the season hasn't officially started?

myndzi

Quote from: Radiance
please drop songbird from hdtl2. neither of our two team organizers are free enough to keep up with scheduling. hope everything goes well!

Sorry to hear it. Thanks for making a decision, though!

Quote from: Profane
Please add Radiance to Stars plz and thank you.  starting to look very SFtastic in this bioooatch.

Done.

Quote from: Ravendarksky
Please add goofer to Eurofighters. I will be adding tripcode to my reply on #3 of this thread asap.

Can he play in this weekends match seeing as the season hasn't officially started?

I'll allow it.

Don't bother trying to collect tripcodes (any of you guys), that's a lot of work. Just make sure your players know how to use them and pick one to use for the season. Also please avoid using "tripcode"

I know I've said it a lot, but it can't be stressed enough. Do *not* use a password to an account you care about as your tripcode. Tripcodes are not as secure as accounts, since the hash is presented to everybody. This makes them easier to crack. If you use a password as your tripcode you only have yourself to blame if your e-mail account or something gets broken into.

Rosti_LFC

Quote from: Ravendarksky
Please add goofer to Eurofighters.
Hell yeah goofer.

Old school

myndzi

Preset for Type G in the OP has been updated. There was previously a mistake in one of the presets, as well - it is fixed now.

The rules and presets in the OP will not change for the duration of the season, unless for some reason one of them is discovered to be nonfunctional. Please check or re-download the appropriate settings and rule files for your practices. All the presets have been changed at one point since this thread was posted, and the last two rule files have been edited as well. (E and G)

ohitsstef

Myndzi are you going to have a spread sheet made for the matches?

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

Profane

Please add Bada to Stars roster thank you.  

Welcome back sir.

myndzi

Quote from: ohitsstef
Myndzi are you going to have a spread sheet made for the matches?

Yes. It wasn't worth including the preseason, being such a mess, but I will have something good for the regular season.

Profane: done

myndzi

OK, season 2 spreadsheet is up. I'll be adding player stats later when I can!

myndzi

Because I love you guys and people have expressed concern in the past about the random selection of game types in a match, I'd like to tell you what I spent the last hour or so doing.

I wrote a spreadsheet in Excel that allows me to feed it a random string of characters and it outputs the entire season's match selections into a grid. Then I made it total up the number of times each team could potentially play each game type. I took the standard deviation values for the totals for each type and ran them through stdev again, to give me a number that represents the "evenness" of the spread of game types. Lower is better.

Then I tried about a hundred shuffles by hand, keeping the best result when I got one better than the current. Average values were around .25; the value for this season hit .09

Glancing over the results, the spread appears very even. I won't go into much more detail, but if you guys want, I will show you the spreadsheet at the end of the season and you can glance over it yourselves.

Please keep in mind that this has no bearing on the *order* of the types presented; those will be fairly shuffled each time, from the 5 selected from the 7 available. If you don't make it to all 5 games, you may experience a dip in the total of the game types you didn't play in that match, but that is obviously to be expected.