HD Team League Season 2

Started by myndzi, April 25, 2011, 10:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myndzi

Quote from: mippo
what's the difference between garbage block and garbage cancel?

Garbage blocking = you don't receive garbage as long as you clear lines
Garbage canceling = sending adds deducts from your garbage queue

So, blocking without canceling = you can delay receiving garbage (though it can still add up while you are delaying it), but you receive everything

Canceling without blocking = if you receive garbage, then you can deduct from it with the next piece you drop

Both = the current "standard" guideline behavior

Edit: Blink, I know you mean well, but what part of "only the owner of a team makes roster decisions" do people seem not to understand? I've been cutting the entrants some slack, but I really can't make a habit of taking whoever decides to post's word for it. I understand and trust the people who have done it so far as far as it goes, but it's unfair and unsustainable to leave it up to how I feel about the poster. If you want to post, then declare yourself the owner of the team; if you're not the owner, then don't post.

Profane

Stars signing up.  

Owner= Profane

Roster
a r f
a g a m e m n o n
s u p e r m e o w m i x
o h i t s s t e f
s r e g r u b
z i r c e a n
s h a h i l

goofer

Mydnzi, i would change ARS to SRS / ARS with 20G, that u can choose. it wouldnt make sense only ARS players can play it, 99% of the SRS players in the league cant even clear more than 3 lines with it in combi with 20G. So that would be a fail. . So keep the rules like this and add freedom to choose for SRS. 20G with SRS is challenging enough.

So consider my suggestion,  tnx

myndzi

As stated on numerous occasions, I can't do that. I was hoping that I would get a chance to see how it worked out and maybe make some changes to the settings before league starts, but at this rate nobody is going to play a single game before we start. I think I am going to delay the beginning, declare an official start and require preseason games. Hopefully I won't wind up knocking out half the teams just because they don't schedule games.

Blink

The Type F mode is really weird, when you're rotating a piece which is on the side of the well it doesn't register.  I think because all kicks are disabled, but even on TetriNET it would still work.

Paradox

I'm finally off school and I want a team, who wants me?

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

blazen_azn

ManOfMiracles

I heard the Mighty Mexicans were recruiting.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://www.mightymike.tv/images/mmcostumespic34.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://www.mightymike.tv/images/mmcostumespic34.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]
MiracleMan

myndzi

Quote from: Blink
The Type F mode is really weird, when you're rotating a piece which is on the side of the well it doesn't register.  I think because all kicks are disabled, but even on TetriNET it would still work.

Should be type E that has kicks disabled. Guess I should turn on ARS kicks or something instead; at least that'd let you DAS to the wall then rotate as desired.

General notice: since we still haven't played any preseason matches I'm going to delay the beginning of the league permanently until we have at least a couple weeks of playtesting ("preseason"). It looks like we'll have matches this weekend, so that would put the start three weeks from this weekend. Sorry for the confusion, I didn't expect people to sign up and promptly make no attempt to schedule anything. I'll update the appropriate posts when I get a chance.

myndzi

Modified HDTL-G to be 98 frames. Not unlimited, but prevents trolling.

Ravendarksky

-=Eurofighters=-

Berry *berry !e.NL2rEDUY
Goofer !Q16ggAJF6Q
KeroKai
Mippo *mippo !B4MippolY.
NoManual
Paul676 *Paul676 !pAul676zRc
Ravendarksky *Ravendarksky  !yXI1t8/HtI - CAPTAIN/Team Owner
Rosti_LFC *Rosti !26Zf504quw - BACKUP CAPTAIN
Tetrominophile  *tetrominophile !DqFXFNHovY

Tripcodes will be added ASAP.. Just waiting on NoManual, KeroKai

coolmaninsano

myndzi

When you say captain, do you mean captain or owner? Owner for roster changes, captain for scheduling and match-running. I'll place you as owner for now.

Also, I'm sorry guys - I forgot to update the OP; I want at least two weeks of preseason for playtesting and getting everyone into the swing of things, so signups will remain open for a while yet. The first regular season match will be June 4th if all goes well.

myndzi

Well, one out of three matches this week - could have been worse! I figure I'll put out a call, too: any web coders interested in throwing together a site that will help centralize all this scheduling and team communication and such?

EnFuego

Paradox added to team mystery!!