Playstation 3 Tetris Will Be A Big Deal

Started by Blink, December 10, 2010, 05:31:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wojtek

oh, so you can turn items off in real multiplayer, but still it's one preview only, correct?

teams battle have solid garbage so i think it will be stupid. but this mode is henk's and pachitnov's revolutionary tetris sport multiplayer mode we hear of many times in interviews, no?
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

Paradox

I want Instant drop, Instant AR, 0 Line Clear delay, and custom DAS, custom controls! At least make it unlockable or something forreal.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Rosti_LFC

Quote from: Blink
*stuff*

Are you reading the same reports of the game that I am, or are you being bribed by TTC to say that sort of thing?

I wanted this game to be awesome, and I was even prepared to maybe buy a PS3 a bit earlier than I was planning to if this was good, but absolutely everything I'm reading about this game points to it being worse than Splash, Tetris DS, Tetris Friends... pretty much any notable game Tetris game I can think of to have been released in the last ten years.

As far as I can tell the multiplayer is without any sort of useful/representative ranking system and possibly not even entirely live, the single player stuff is fun but mostly just because of the depth of gimmicky modes...

I would be happy with it if it was similar to Tetris DS, but the reports so far seems to imply that the rating system only goes up, and that your opponents aren't chosen based on rank, but at random, which is essentially the two main things that made TDS wifi good, and they're removed entirely.

I'd be OK with "it still might be fun to play with friends" and the like as remaining hopeful, but I feel like you're being really naïve in the way you're dismissing any negative aspect of reports so far, and for some of them even implying that they're a positive. I can dismiss some of the crap that cycle churns out because he is, for the most part, a complete and utter tool, but Taratang has been at TC pretty much as long as I have (excluding a large break he took for the last year or two) and I wouldn't take his words lightly.

To be fair, I should have expected EA would churn out a half-assed game to try and make some money off the back of a game franchise. It's not like they don't do it every year with FIFA et al.

Blink

Being bribed?  I wish, I could use the money.  Maybe it's weird of me to want to wait for more details or until I've acually tried the game out for myself before making accusations that it's worse than TDS, Tetris Splash, or Tetris Friends.  I already see negatives about the game such as no customizable controls.  I was simply pointing out that it's way too early to have your major complaint be about a lack of competition when the game has been out only for a single day in a single region.  I don't really care who says it, to generalize that the playerbase is a bunch of kids who don't know how to hard drop when you've been playing for 1 day is arrogant.  Reminds me of the Tetris Friends haters who whine about how " TF is a bunch of noobs".

According to Spirale there is true multiplayer, of course there would be.  Rosti, did you honestly think there would be no true multiplayer modes in this game?  Since the ranking system just came out, and everyone is starting at the same rating, how would someone know if matches are being chosen at complete random or if it's being chosen by rating.  Everyone's close in rating to start so it only makes sense that you would play anybody else, even the horrible players.  

Anyways, the only things that I have dismissed from Taratang's posts are his/her numerous complaints about lack of competition, which I still believe is too early to be complaining about.  The majority of the other complaints about some of the useless gameplay modes I agree with.

Spirale

I think only the time battles are fake multiplayer(because of the instant matchmaking).
For the other modes it is clear that they are true multiplayer because you have to click ready. Which is sometimes annoying because there is no system to start the game and autokick if someone is "away form ps3".
Whats funny is that i just played cycledance and taratang in a row lol. Says alot about about the crowd in multiplayer ! i think i may have proved taratang wrong in terms of "no competition" ahahahhaha

Also Wojtek is right there is only 1 preview in true multiplayer modes. Wonder why they did that.

EDIT : I went to the end of the leaderboard and there were 707 people.

Blink

Quote from: Spirale
Also Wojtek is right there is only 1 preview in true multiplayer modes. Wonder why they did that.

Thanks for this detail.  That sucks, now I don't know whether to buy a PS3 anymore.  Having more than 1 piece preview was one of the requirements of this game being a deep global tournament game, and now that's gone.

coolmaninsano

Amount of a big deal this is just went

Spirale

Quote from: Blink
Thanks for this detail.  That sucks, now I don't know whether to buy a PS3 anymore.  Having more than 1 piece preview was one of the requirements of this game being a deep global tournament game, and now that's gone.

Wait, sorry i just checked back because of that and there are 4 previews. Sorry, I was mistaken by the fact thats theres a frame around the first preview only.

iphys

4 previews still isn't the greatest if you want to set up T-spins.  I know in the past I've found 3 previews majorly crippling compared with 6.

perfectclear

not to mention hindering "bravos".. I tend to look 6 or 7 pieces ahead for them.

Wojtek

team battle looks bit pointless:

can somebody confirm this is live? because i am became very suspicious when i see solid garbage
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

paul

deleted

caffeine

n/m, disregard this post. haha

Wojtek

Quote from: paul
why does it look pointless?  
with solid garbage it's pure apm fight, no downstack, no skill.
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland