Blockbox (Post feature requests, bugs, etc)

Started by deniax, July 15, 2009, 02:53:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jujube

sometimes a player will lag or d/c and stay in the game, and the game never seems to end. it would be nice if a player would be dropped from the game in that situation.

meow

found a bug

after the latest update which removed autofocus, pressing alt+r to restart a game focuses on the chatbox. this is really annoying for driller games, i have to click on the field after pressing alt+r to play.

does this happen to anyone else?

clincher

It's all about the love

oliv

deniax

Mayor release! Many ideas, thanks to the community

Version 9.5.3-Build20090731-1997

New features:

- Added new control method: Modded control. Based on Modded Mame.

- VSX  Now you can play a very fast team game or 3v1, 4v1, etc. People who played Tetrinet will know this kind of gameplay (Snooping is bugged in this mode, as is DAS as it wont use your custom set DAS in VSX mode will be fixed in a few days).

- Garbage counter. This shows how high the garbage will come the next turn.

- Combo counter. Counts the combo's in Multiplayer games and all Marathon & Expert games

- Added EZ-Tspin support

Bug Fixes

- Fixed a bug that canceled a drop while holding drop in ARE after clearing a line

- Fixed some more T-Spin recognitions

- Fixed a bug in multiplayer where the game suddenly would freeze

- Fixed a "pre IRS" bug, which would cause all pieces to come out pre rotated with you doing nothing

- Fixed B2B recognition. It added +1 for 1st B2B and then +2 for 2nd B2B
Become a FaceBook friend of Blockbox here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blockbox/110778333334?ref=nf

clincher

Great!
Thanks for all the work, Deniax
BB just keeps getting better
EDIT: I find it weird that you have to pick your team every round
It's all about the love

Blade

I experienced a bug where there was an "invisible" line that blocked my pieces from clearing.  There was a sudden lag and then my pieces were hitting an invisible line (I think).  Once I cleared a line above this invisible line it seemed to have disappeared but the gap was still there.  Clincher was there to witness it, he can probably give more details.

clincher

The only thing I have to add is that the ghost piece wouldn't hit the "invisible" line, it would hit the visible surface.
Just to clarify the invisible line was horizontal across the well.
Once Blade cleared the line a big gap was left with some pieces' remains floating
It's all about the love

Blink

the garbage adding in vs X mode is messed up - it's split between players instead of send to all.  also, a 2nd vote for not having to pick teams every round.

clincher

Another thing about garbage in VSX is that it looks like it has a pattern is this on purpose? I hope not
EDIT heres a screenshot
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1408/patterng.png\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1408/patterng.png\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]
It's all about the love

meow

Quote from: Blade
I experienced a bug where there was an "invisible" line that blocked my pieces from clearing.  There was a sudden lag and then my pieces were hitting an invisible line (I think).  Once I cleared a line above this invisible line it seemed to have disappeared but the gap was still there.  Clincher was there to witness it, he can probably give more details.

this happened to me when i made a 10 combo. i showed deniax and he said it would be fixed in the next few days. is this the same bug you encountered?

i also have a suggestion/complaint about VSX. many players and i disagree with 'scaling' or sending reduced lines in this mode. it's unbalanced and heavily favours the larger team. even in 2v2, a tetris only adds 3 lines... i want to see this feature completely removed from this mode.

Anonymous

I think it would be nice if on the scores leaderboard, there was a search feature.
My awesome downstacking guide, last updated (Jan 29, 2013): Downstacker's Guide to the Galaxy
Tired of the same old Tetris games? Read my idea for a revamped Tetris game! The Next

clincher

Quote from: Anonymous
I think it would be nice if on the scores leaderboard, there was a search feature.
I second that
It's all about the love

deniax

Version 9.5.4-Build20090803-2000

Bug fixes:

- You won't need to select your team after each round in VSX
- Snooping VSX games now works
- VSX games won't show up as "null games" in the gamelist anymore
- Your own DAS settings are now also usable in VSX
- Making 10 or more combo's, won't freeze the game anymore
Become a FaceBook friend of Blockbox here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blockbox/110778333334?ref=nf

Blink

Thanks for the update deniax, there's still a problem though:  VS X Garbage is split between players rather than send to all.  So if you're playing a 1v2 or 1v4, a Tetris from the team with one person would only send 2 or 1 lines of garbage to each of the other player.  Being on a team with less players is already an uphill battle to win the round, but this makes it nearly impossible to win.