Blockbox (Post feature requests, bugs, etc)

Started by deniax, July 15, 2009, 02:53:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clincher

It's all about the love

Baxter

It regularly happens that 5 people are playing multiplayer, and all of a sudden one player is afk, and all players can't continue. You might say: "then just make a new game"... but it often takes quite a while before the first player leaves, then later a second one leaves, and the game is never continued. Especially custom games with specific options.

It would be good if it is possible to kick out a player if he hasn't pressed "next match" within 30 seconds or so. That way, the others can continue.

Rosti_LFC

Quote from: Baxter
Especially custom games with specific options.

On this point, it'd be nice if custom games would, by default, have the same settings used as the last ones you used.

deniax

<VERSION HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO BUG, NEW VERSION TOMORROW>
Become a FaceBook friend of Blockbox here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blockbox/110778333334?ref=nf

papas

Many users complain that the system lags when the play.

Could you check that?

jujube

i don't know what specific problems they're having, but from time to time i get lag in any browser-based game. it seems to happen at random times to me. Blockbox hasn't been any worse than other games for me.

oliv

i havent been able to connect to blockbox since this afternoon. It tells me that there is a java problem, even though i have the latest jre 1.6 u14 installed.
I uninstalled all JREs and tried java doctor and it didnt change anything

oliv

Quote from: oliv
i havent been able to connect to blockbox since this afternoon. It tells me that there is a java problem, even though i have the latest jre 1.6 u14 installed.
I uninstalled all JREs and tried java doctor and it didnt change anything

On Sun website :

On Blockbox website

deniax

Try to select option 2: Ignore, that will help.
Also, use a better browser like Chrome of Firefox, as IE is known to lag a bit more

Version 9.4.8-Build20090721-1973

Features

- Two new VS Custom presets: KOREAN and JAPANESE. No more reason to play "somewhere" else

- In Custom mode, changed combos to award garbage thusly: +1, +1, +2, +2, +3, +3, and +4 for every additional combo after that.

-Added custom VS option: Garbage countering (default off)

What this does, before adding garbage to the player's well, it takes the difference between the number of incoming rows or garbage and the number of rows the player is currently sending garbage (in total).
If the difference is positive, it will add the number of rows that remain uncountered to the well. If the difference is negative, it will add its absolute value to the opponents pending garbage rows.

- Added Garbage Blocking (default off)
If the player's current tetromino clears one or more lines, incoming garbage will not be added. If garbage countering is enabled, the total number of incoming rows will be reduced as necessary with each clear.

- Next round will now be shown as default, whatever your previous choice was

- In expert control, a new checkbox has appeared with option: "reverse up/down for 0G" which is default off. Enabling it will.. well reverse up and down

- When playing with a preset, it now shows the chosen preset in the gamelist. So for in stead of "VS Other" , for example "VS TDS"

Bug fixes

- Some Tspins were not recognized (mostly when against a wall)

- In the My replays tab, you can now put your replay in the chat so other players can click on this icon and watch your replay. This now also works with all replays!

- Playing Nordic Walk now wont stop anymore at level 998, but it will show level 999 if you die because you did not met all for the credit roll

Note: There is "moded" control selectable in the dropdown menu for Control mode, dont select it. More on that in tomorrows release
Become a FaceBook friend of Blockbox here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blockbox/110778333334?ref=nf

oliv

Quote from: deniax
Try to select option 2: Ignore, that will help.
Also, use a better browser like Chrome of Firefox, as IE is known to lag a bit more

1) click ignore : it displays me the page with "this game needs java to work" or something
2) i tried with firefox and chrome => same problem
3) firefox less laggy lthan IE ???

Rosti_LFC

Once it's actually running, Firefox is faster than IE unless it's been running for several hours. It's also just generally better features/security wise, but that's a different issue there.

Webby

Well you're not the only one with the java problem. Same here. Ignore won't work and java.com mentions i have the latest version running.

oliv

Quote from: Webby
Well you're not the only one with the java problem. Same here. Ignore won't work and java.com mentions i have the latest version running.

i managed to log on that way :
I opened www.blockboxgame.com in Google Chrome.
I sign in with my username and password, click the button
Google chrome freezes on Java Check.
I clicked "display source code".
I copy pasted the link after "case 0" in the javascript code in IE.
bam, it worked.

Now it seems to work in google chrome though.
It still doesnt work in IE or firefox.

I_AM_SAND

suggestion: survivor with tennis garbage.

meow

Quote from: Blink
There are other differences between Hangame and TOJ that you won't find in Blockbox's settings.  In TOJ, garbage hole change rate is around 30% whereas in Hangame it's random.  Also,  TOJ garbage is sent to 1 person whereas in Hangame it is sent to everyone.

going to list some differences/issues with the new presets so we don't forget

japanese:
1. 30% garbage
2. garbage distribution
3. ez t-spins not detected
4. b2b misbehaviour (might have been fixed?)

tetris ds:
1. ez-tspins not detected
2. 30% garbage

korean:
1. combo system - i think the system is different to the TOJ one, currently it is very overpowered... and fun. see the thread i made about the burgerking combos