Blockbox (Post feature requests, bugs, etc)

Started by deniax, July 15, 2009, 02:53:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deniax

yeah, the release was already made when I read your request
So it will be implemented tomorrow (garbage 2 all in VSX mode)

Also, the garbage in the well wont have a pattern anymore
Become a FaceBook friend of Blockbox here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blockbox/110778333334?ref=nf

Blink

feature request, a way to view stats while you're still in a game.  maybe something like /stats playername and it shows in the lobby for only you

deniax

Won't happen soon I'm afraid, it's hard to do that and due to many sideprojects, there isn't much codetime
Become a FaceBook friend of Blockbox here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blockbox/110778333334?ref=nf

Anonymous

I'm not sure how you could implement this, but it would be cool if, on 40 lines, you could add a tpm gauge to measure our tpm like we have in vs mode. The whole point of 40 lines is to see how fast you can clear 40 lines, so why not show how fast you are going (besides at the end)? Also, this could apply to other games as well.
My awesome downstacking guide, last updated (Jan 29, 2013): Downstacker's Guide to the Galaxy
Tired of the same old Tetris games? Read my idea for a revamped Tetris game! The Next

I_AM_SAND

You should add support for multiple user names for one account (max of like 5 or something). Idea being you can switch between user names without creating another account. Since many people on blockbox have duplicates (more than 1 account) this will make it easier to manage. High scores can be combined under one account making it more accurate because some people have like 5 dupes.

Blockles did this and it was quite fun. :]

Anonymous

For the most part, whenever you quick restart with alt + r, the cursor stays on the game so you can play. However, every once in a few games, when you quick restart, the mouse cursor goes to the chat box, so you can't move the pieces, and you have to click on the game again in order to move the pieces.
My awesome downstacking guide, last updated (Jan 29, 2013): Downstacker's Guide to the Galaxy
Tired of the same old Tetris games? Read my idea for a revamped Tetris game! The Next

jujube

in addition to that suggestion, i'd like it if the cursor would stay in the chat box when you're chatting.

meow

can't see team colours while snooping anymore (in the combo counter)

Blink

2 bug reports:

1) when playing nordic walk and putting a stick in the hold, you don't see it there

2) line clear not registering when near death, instead of saving you from death you die.  See end of replay 43084 @ 3 minutes 15 secs.

I_AM_SAND

deniax

Version 9.5.5-Build20090805-2002

Bug fixes:

- Snooping VSX games will now show the team colors.
- Fixed garbage style in VSX so it's not a pattern anymore
- Fixed a bug in Team Marathon where you could put a piece on an empty cell and it would float.

Features:

- In VSX, Garbage 2 All is activated (So in a 1v2 player game, if player that is playing alone makes 3 lines, 2 lines are send to all players in the other team)
- In VSX, pressing ALT+R will let the game go into team choose mode again
- Removed the 4 lines in a row = send 1 garbage line" feature
- In rated games, garbage is now send to all players
- Marathon or Expert modes will now select "modded control" as default in stead of 4-way
- Garbage system is now different:

2 or 3 players in game:
4 lines = 4 garbage
3 lines = 2 garbage
2 lines = 1 garbage

4 or 5 players in game:
4 lines = 3 garbage
3 lines = 1 garbage
2 lines = 0.5 garbage

meow

bug: sometimes the correct number of players in a multiplayer game is not correctly reported in the games list. most of the time it says 2/3 players when there are actually more

jujube

thanks as always for the updates deniax  

Quote from: deniax
2 or 3 players in game:
4 lines = 4 garbage
3 lines = 2 garbage
2 lines = 1 garbage

4 or 5 players in game:
4 lines = 3 garbage
3 lines = 1 garbage
2 lines = 0.5 garbage
the issue i see with the new garbage system is it makes players change their strategies depending on how many players are in the room. to give an example of how to maintain a true balance, if the system when there are 4-5 players is truly best, then when there are 2-3 players the sends should be:
4 lines = 6 garbage
3 lines = 2 garbage
2 lines = 1 garbage
if this looks too extreme, then the system in place with 4-5 players is too extreme.

another problem you could have is with people avoiding 2-3 player rooms or avoiding 4-5 player rooms. they'll favor whichever garbage system works best for their style of play, so they can keep a higher rating. shouldn't all rated games try to rate players on a consistent scale, if this is possible?

meow

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]- In VSX, Garbage 2 All is activated (So in a 1v2 player game, if player that is playing alone makes 3 lines, 2 lines are send to all players in the other team)
- In VSX, pressing ALT+R will let the game go into team choose mode again
- Removed the 4 lines in a row = send 1 garbage line" feature
- In rated games, garbage is now send to all players[/quote]

these don't seem to be working at the moment

in 1v2 VSX, tetris still sends 3 lines to all (from the 1 player team)
in normal vs, 4 lines in a row still sends 1 garbage, and in a 3 player game a tetris sends 3 lines to all

another bug of vsx: at the end of the game, i can't see my team's TPM nor can i see my own. it says 0 for us.

Anonymous

I think it would be awesome if in the replay options, there was a rewind option, because often times, i want to watch a specific part, so i fast forward, but i end up skipping past the part, and I have to rewatch the replay.