Challenge: "The Perfect Sprint Game"

Started by FelipeMayrink, December 12, 2012, 02:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XaeL

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]
the chance of your bag ending in an I piece is 1/7.
[/quote]

What u actually want is the 2nd piece in the bag being an I.

the 98th piece is the end of a bag

The 99th piece is the start of a bag
the 100th piece is the 2nd piece of a bag.

So you want the probability that the 2nd piece of a bag is an I. Which is the probability that the first isnt' an I (6/7) multiplied by the probability that the second one is (1/6)
Probabiility of 100th piece being an I = 6/7 * 1/6 = 1/7.
Lol.

Alternative logic:
[spoiler]Shuffle the bag. The chance of I being in any slot is 1/7. Therefore the chance of I being in 2nd slot is also 1/7 [/spoiler]

So only 1/7th of ur games even have the chance of ending on the right piece.

Followed by whatever probability there is that ur field is stacked such that u can perform a tetris. Which is a hard probability to do.

Quote from: MarioThePhenom
1/(2x10^150) is the possibility to end with all the criteria?
I dont think so. The probability of getting, say 7 tetrises is pretty high, and doesnt *really* affect the last 3.
Also multiple solutions etc.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

FelipeMayrink

Quote from: riisssaaa
I shal continue trying this challenge later. ignoring only finesse :/
Less skill, more patience. :/
That's the spirit! lol

ohitsstef

Quote from: FelipeMayrink
Look, if you guys wanna try and post games without all tetrises, that's fine. That's still 4/5 of the criteria, wich is above average, I guess. But I still think 10 tetrises is cooler because it's the optimal line clearing, clearing the most amount of lines at once.

Btw, I updated the fisrt post with my new video of the old replay with perfect finesse. Now that's the challenge completed but with holds.

ok then i'm good with above average lol ~~
i'm going to try your challenge later tonight  

Quote from: caffeine
Very nice run, stef. Your movements in that game wouldn't constitute what most consider "perfect" finesse. Still a cool game, nonetheless.

thanks!

Quote from: StS

Also, stef, that's a great game!

^^; yay thank you

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

FelipeMayrink

Quote from: ohitsstef
ok then i'm good with above average lol ~~
i'm going to try your challenge later tonight  
Good, good. I'm glad we all stoped hating each other and just tried out the freaking challenge. ;P

Profane

Quote from: MarioThePhenom
im gonna try running some numbers here, (feel free to correct me).the chance of your bag ending in an I piece is 1/7.
now there are 100 pieces of seven, and in one cycle without hold(7bag) you can have 5080 possibilities of piece combinations right? so to find out the number to 100, it would be 1x2x3x4x5x6x7x8x9x10... and so on till 100? and that gives you a massive number( at i think 40 pieces its ~2.03x10^46), meaning(im guessing) 1/(2x10^150) is the possibility to end with all the criteria? but perfect finesse has nothing to do with math, but probably adds to the less likeliness that you end like that

i was gonna reply but Xeal pretty much summed it up.  the probability isn't really gonna be that high.

ohitsstef

Quote from: FelipeMayrink
Good, good. I'm glad we all stoped hating each other and just tried out the freaking challenge. ;P

. __ .
there was no hate from me

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

FelipeMayrink

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]
. __ .
there was no hate from me
[/quote]
You know what I meant ;P

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]i was gonna reply but Xeal pretty much summed it up. the probability isn't really gonna be that high.[/quote]
Awesome, at least that's somewhat of an encouragement

MarioThePhenom

probability of ending this game with all 5 criteria = playing tf with absolutely no lag

Quote from: PandaLol no, that's ludacris. I have a sentence generator, Blink....

tk198

riisssaaa

Using no hold and tetris only one usually ends up with a mountain rather than a flat stack at the end :S. Happens in most mmy tries :S.

FelipeMayrink

Quote from: riisssaaa
Using no hold and tetris only one usually ends up with a mountain rather than a flat stack at the end :S. Happens in most mmy tries :S.
Yup, that happens to me too. The "No Hold" + "10 Tetrises" + "Perfect Clear" combination is a very frustating one.

The closest I've manage to do was a game where I was doing perfecly: no hold, no sofdrops, 9 tetrises and I perfectly finished a flat stack, just needed an I piece. But there was 2 more pieces before the I piece, so it was a  "perfect clear with 2 pieces left". I rage quited.

MarioThePhenom

Quote from: tk198
^So you're saying it's impossible?
+1
and really, once you get down to 12 lines left, thats when you really have to worry about your stack, and how high it gets

Quote from: PandaLol no, that's ludacris. I have a sentence generator, Blink....

Shuey

Maybe I'm completely off base here, but I don't see how this could be possible if the game has to have "no holds" AND "no soft drops"...

FelipeMayrink

Quote from: Shuey
Maybe I'm completely off base here, but I don't see how this could be possible if the game has to have "no holds" AND "no soft drops"...
It is possible, here's a couple of arguments:

1) I've actually got really close of doing it, by finishing a flat stack but not getting an I piece. I got an 102 pieces game, no hold, no soft drop, all tetrises. It was basically a "perfect clear with 2 pieces left". (btw, I was just gonna re-record the finesse later, so it didn't really matter)

2) It's possible to get an all tetrises, no hold and no soft drops game. And it's also possible to get a perfect clear no hold and no soft drop game. So, theoretically, you could "combine" those 2 types of games into 1, if you get the right pieces.

StS

It should be possible, but rather tedious and rage-inducing.
Sandal that Stinks

Current 40L (Nullpo): 35.32s