Challenge: "The Perfect Sprint Game"

Started by FelipeMayrink, December 12, 2012, 02:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohitsstef

i did this a few months ago on cultris

- Perfect Line Clearing ( 10 Tetrises In A Row ) (didn't do this, but game's still perfect ~_~ lol )
- Perfect Piece Count ( 100 Pieces )
- Perect Finesse ( 0 Finesse Faults ) (iono what that is.. but hopefully i got it?)
- No Holds (cultris has no holds)
- No Soft Drops (i don't really soft drop unless i'm doing a tspin.. which is kinda hit or miss on c2 ... but no soft drops this run ^^; )

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

riisssaaa

Quote from: b2ink
the challenge comes from the fact that if an I piece doesn't come as piece #100, you wasted your time.

Not only does the 100th piece have to be an I piece
the 99th piece should make the top of your stack completely flat!

Estrelleta

This may be an unpopular opinion but, what makes a sprint played with only tetrises perfect? Arguably if you free-style a sprint you can more easily get a lower value for kpt (keys per tetromino), moves per tetromino and so forth; which, in my opinion, is more "perfect".

It's your challenge, so you decide, but I think that calling "all tetrises" perfect is a personal opinion.

ohitsstef

Quote from: Estrelleta
This may be an unpopular opinion but, what makes a sprint played with only tetrises perfect? Arguably if you free-style a sprint you can more easily get a lower value for kpt (keys per tetromino), moves per tetromino and so forth; which, in my opinion, is more "perfect".

It's your challenge, so you decide, but I think that calling "all tetrises" perfect is a personal opinion.

I agree with this because I think a perfect game is only using 100 pieces.. why does it only have to be Tetrises?

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

riisssaaa

Quote from: Estrelleta

I think its easier to sum it up with... all the perfects are irrelevent!
(Except maybe finesse)

The aim of sprint is speed so naturally the closer the finishing time is to 0 the more perfect it is.
(and because 0 is impossible there is no perfect.)

FelipeMayrink

Look, if you guys wanna try and post games without all tetrises, that's fine. That's still 4/5 of the criteria, wich is above average, I guess. But I still think 10 tetrises is cooler because it's the optimal line clearing, clearing the most amount of lines at once.

Btw, I updated the fisrt post with my new video of the old replay with perfect finesse. Now that's the challenge completed but with holds.

caffeine

Quote from: ohitsstef
- Perect Finesse ( 0 Finesse Faults ) (iono what that is.. but hopefully i got it?)

Very nice run, stef. Your movements in that game wouldn't constitute what most consider "perfect" finesse. Still a cool game, nonetheless.

tk198

Quote from: FelipeMayrink
But I still think 10 tetrises is cooler because it's the optimal line clearing, clearing the most amount of lines at once.

"Optimal line clearing" really only matters in games like TF where there's a line clear delay.

Paul676

tetrises are more elegant, I agree with felipemayrink

When I get on my desktop I'll search for my pcs
               Tetris Belts!

FelipeMayrink

Quote from: Paul676
tetrises are more elegant, I agree with felipemayrink

When I get on my desktop I'll search for my pcs
Well then... Paul just agreed with me and is gonna try out the challange. Life is pretty good.

StS

Quote from: riisssaaa
I think its easier to sum it up with... all the perfects are irrelevent!
(Except maybe finesse)

The aim of sprint is speed so naturally the closer the finishing time is to 0 the more perfect it is.
(and because 0 is impossible there is no perfect.)

Wow, I really don't know what this post is, other than an attempt to pick a fight with the TC. He issued a challenge. The rules make sense, and make it challenging. Surely you don't have to nitpick about his choice of words, especially when all he was trying to do was make the topic title a little bit more interesting?

As to the challenge itself, I feel like I don't have the insight or the dedication required to stand up to this challenge. I reckon I could possibly overcome 2-3 of the challenges set, but not all (notably 'no hold' with 'PC end' and/or 'no Soft Drop' make this hard as hell!). Good luck to all who try, though. =D

Also, stef, that's a great game!
Sandal that Stinks

Current 40L (Nullpo): 35.32s

MarioThePhenom

i could easily do this 5/5 if i decided to spend about a day of playing on it, but ill give it an hour, got nothing better to do anyways

Quote from: PandaLol no, that's ludacris. I have a sentence generator, Blink....

FelipeMayrink

Quote from: StS
Wow, I really don't know what this post is, other than an attempt to pick a fight with the TC. He issued a challenge. The rules make sense, and make it challenging. Surely you don't have to nitpick about his choice of words, especially when all he was trying to do was make the topic title a little bit more interesting?

As to the challenge itself, I feel like I don't have the insight or the dedication required to stand up to this challenge. I reckon I could possibly overcome 2-3 of the challenges set, but not all (notably 'no hold' with 'PC end' and/or 'no Soft Drop' make this hard as hell!). Good luck to all who try, though. =D

This guy... BE this guy.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]i could easily do this 5/5 if i decided to spend about a day of playing on it, but ill give it an hour, got nothing better to do anyways[/quote]

Good luck, hope that you get it.

MarioThePhenom

im gonna try running some numbers here, (feel free to correct me).the chance of your bag ending in an I piece is 1/7.
now there are 100 pieces of seven, and in one cycle without hold(7bag) you can have 5080 possibilities of piece combinations right? so to find out the number to 100, it would be 1x2x3x4x5x6x7x8x9x10... and so on till 100? and that gives you a massive number( at i think 40 pieces its ~2.03x10^46), meaning(im guessing) 1/(2x10^150) is the possibility to end with all the criteria? but perfect finesse has nothing to do with math, but probably adds to the less likeliness that you end like that

Quote from: PandaLol no, that's ludacris. I have a sentence generator, Blink....

riisssaaa

Quote from: StS

Its a discussion!
I can pick fight if I want to .
If need be a mod will take action when it goes too far~

So far its mutual passive aggression.
And there's lots of it. Lots and lots and lots.
Not just from me. Reread. ^^

I shal continue trying this challenge later. ignoring only finesse :/
Less skill, more patience. :/