Tetris lessons - by XaeL

Started by XaeL, October 24, 2011, 10:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XaeL

I'm posting up a video series soon on tetris.. basically lessons from noob level to "pretty good" level...
Each video will aim to be a good intro (i.e. after watching the video players should understand the crap and then go explore the idea on their own/on the forum). Here is the video plan.

Basically there are three parts - tetris, tspin, downstack.

Tetris/Stacking (i.e. basics)
1) Building and completing Tetrises
2) Platforming, Skimming and Filling
3) Increasing speed mechanically

Downstacking (i.e. still basics)
4) Downstack principles (forecasting, terrible moves)
5) Downstack combinations (simple combinations)
6) Downstack - dumping

T-spins (i.e. less basic)
7) T-Spin intro
T-spin basic setups
9) T-spin slightly less basic setups
10) T-spin openings
11) T-spin triples

Putting it together/misc
12) Downstacking and t-spins
13) Large attacks
14) Timing attacks/All in's
15) Sacrifice/Donation

The basic idea will be:
Intro/basics, not-very-in-depth episode
Lots of small tips episode(s)
Misc. episodes

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Paradox

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Anonymous

All hail xael. Teach me your ways!
My awesome downstacking guide, last updated (Jan 29, 2013): Downstacker's Guide to the Galaxy
Tired of the same old Tetris games? Read my idea for a revamped Tetris game! The Next

XaeL

I'm also planning on doing game analysis but i dont have any games to analyse!

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Alexsweden

Good stuff! - Like your voice

ZeroT

☠ ZeroT

Maii04

How often do you plan on updating each video? Didnt your other video take you over a year to do?
o.o

meow

nice

damn smurfer
gtfo

Lucho

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][spoiler]
Funky Ruskie[/div][div align=\\\"center\\\"] [/div][/spoiler]

Corrosive

http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1869

^
Don't exchange quality pro advice for petty tips. Come be trained by me today and I'll charge half price.
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"
"Put some stank on those blocks."

XaeL

Quote from: Maii04
How often do you plan on updating each video? Didnt your other video take you over a year to do?
o.o
probably one a week.
The other video required heavy editing.. this is more.. natural and i just say whats on my mind. if i forget stuff.. i just make another video. Lol.

MarioThePhenom

corrosive is to funny with his tetris lessons:P

this one seems to be pretty solid

Quote from: PandaLol no, that's ludacris. I have a sentence generator, Blink....

XaeL

Shuey

XaeL: I love your videos so far.  Very scientific and informative, and easy to mentally digest.  I look forward to seeing more .

fishcake

Just watched your first video. It's pretty good.   I really need to improve my stacking. My 40L average is 3 minutes.  

By the way, what's a smurfer?