Tetris lessons - by XaeL

Started by XaeL, October 24, 2011, 10:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vipjun

well made video, deserves a bump. Blink you got some competition now get started on your video too !

Paradox

Quote from: vipjun
Blink you got some competition now get started on your video too !

I'm almost willing to bet that he will never actually do it. He should be a man of his word! Instead he gonna play LoL
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

xenoslash

lol at first lesson "Oh no, I caught up with him."
Pro vids, looking forward to see the t-spin tutorials.
"I just know everything." - kwillin

XaeL

Quote from: fishcake
Just watched your first video. It's pretty good.   I really need to improve my stacking. My 40L average is 3 minutes.  

By the way, what's a smurfer?
a smurfer is a low-ranked but highly skilled player.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

virulent

nice~ this should somehow be in wiki ..somehow :s
are you planning on adding any all spin techniques/more chopin'ee tspin set ups/combo/strat videos?
i def need a speed video :[ i'm way too slow *sigh* it's discouraging :[
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]

Lotrzyna

Hi XaeL,

Will you continue posting new lessons ? I hope you are not done with the project ?

I really enjoyed watching it and learning from it  - I'm probably somewhere below middle level in Tetris, will introduce myself in few days in proper topic - but I'm sure the whole spectrum of players were watching your lessons.

supertet

Quote from: Lotrzyna
Hi XaeL,

Will you continue posting new lessons ? I hope you are not done with the project ?

I really enjoyed watching it and learning from it  - I'm probably somewhere below middle level in Tetris, will introduce myself in few days in proper topic - but I'm sure the whole spectrum of players were watching your lessons.

I just found your lessons XaeL, and they were very helpful for a beginner. If you post more, I would watch them!

XaeL

i'm getting around to doing a very brief downstacking video... but its mainly gonna be a rehash of downstackers guide to the galaxy.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Arias

Quote from: XaeL
i'm getting around to doing a very brief downstacking video... but its mainly gonna be a rehash of downstackers guide to the galaxy.
What's that O-piece doing?!?

Rosti_LFC

Quote from: XaeL
a smurfer is a low-ranked but highly skilled player.

Or, to be a bit more clear, a smurfer is a highly skilled player deliberately playing on an alternative account to their main one so it can be low ranked and they can spend their time smashing newbies.

arbanz

This is a great idea, and is an amazing contributing factor to the forums and to Tetris players in general. I will definitely refrain to this video when attempting to "tutor" newcomers to Tetris.
[div align=\\\"center\\\"][/div]

coolmaninsano

Quote from: arbanzrefrain
refer

Paul676

Quote from: coolmaninsano
refer

refrigerator
               Tetris Belts!

XaeL

Quote from: Paul676
refrigerator
haiku.