Unreliable Tournament Players List

Started by Blink, September 10, 2011, 04:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

Player/Infraction:jixsoo - giving account credentials to another player during a tournament

This thread is pinned in the Arena subforum and is a list of players who enter tournaments only to drop out, never play a match, or not put any effort in scheduling their matches.

Tournament organizers can report any players repeatedly ruining your tournaments deadlines, I'll do my best to make sure the reports are true before adding that player to the list.

Tournament organizers can use this list however you like.  Personally I'll be banning any players with multiple reports from any official HD prize tournaments.

If you have been reported and added to the list, you can be removed by successfully completing some tournaments/leagues and posting here with your proof.

This will start from now, do not report any players for past tournaments.

ohitsstef

OOPS JKKK
i like this idea

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

DAS44

Well, I think you might have to (in some cases) take into account the time of year, and the time difference between players! Not that this isn't a good idea, but sometimes you get paired with someone with a schedule that doesn't mesh with your own. Takes more time to work it out 'n all.

Also, ARS J haha, thumb J down?

Paul676

if crzy/hebo can make times, I don't see why other people shouldn't be able to.
               Tetris Belts!

DAS44

Quote from: Paul676
if crzy/hebo can make times, I don't see why other people shouldn't be able to.
Crzy and Hebo are in relatively close time zones, take jkwon and farter in my tourney, the only time farter can be active is 4-5am jkwon's time, jkwon has school most of the time so that is out of the question much of the week. Depends on where in the globe you are, it can be harder to work things out.

Blink

To clarify, this isn't for reporting players who tried to do what they could to schedule a match but still failed to come up with a good time.  It's for reporting the ones who didn't even bother working things out w/ their opponent, dropped out without good reason (especially after brackets were made), or just signed up and forgot about it..

Blink

Adding Paradox here for just giving up and dropping out of the TOP tournament several weeks in.  If anyone has others, let me know.  Next time don't enter a tournament you don't plan on seeing through.  

It wastes the tournament organizer's time, makes others think it's okay to drop out also, and does nothing but reduce the quality of the competitive Tetris scene.

Paradox

woah wth is this.. I just noticed this now. And btw I dropped out because its been weeks and my opponent hasn't scheduled. But sure. I had every intention of playing my match.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Blink

Quote from: Paradox
woah wth is this.. I just noticed this now. And btw I dropped out because its been weeks and my opponent hasn't scheduled. But sure.

You can show me a screenshot of your attempt to PM him, and I will remove it.

Paradox

I called him out repeatedly on the thread.. I even chatted with him on sc2 and he said he had to go. w/e man

If you really want to call me unreliable then I'll just stay in the tournament and wait for nothing even longer
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Blink

Things like this happen, but quitting the tournament this late in isn't acceptable.  From the first post in that thread:

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]Please contact your opponent as soon as possible, contact me regarding any complications.[/quote]

Instead of taking a few minutes to contact DAS and have the situation resolved, you chose the easy way out.  If DAS would have found blazen_azn as the unreliable player, he could report it to me and then he'd be on this list instead.

Stay in the tournament, I'll remove you from the list.

Paradox

sure, but for the record I had no idea this thread even existed. wish there was a link to it on the top tournament thread. Otherwise its not really fair game to put me on a list with rules I wasn't even aware of you know?

Quote from: DAS44
Okay, I guess I'm going to have to do it, Blaze is kicked, as is farter . On the basis that Paradox and Stef seem to have openly been trying to corral them into playing their matches whereas I've seen/heard little to nothing from Blazen or farter.

blazen_azn

Paradox, you makes it seem like i didnt contact you at all. you mentioned nothing of tetris when we talked for 20 minutes on sc2. You only asked about a couple build orders, and i gave a couple vague ones. gl with the rest of the tourney.

ryanunban

Put paradox on the list.
FOR TETRIS'S SAKE

DarthDuck

Quote from: ryanunban
Put paradox on the list.
FOR TETRIS'S SAKE
Ryan, I have no doubt that Paradox spent a fair amount of time trolling you; who's to say whether or not you deserved it. But consider that fact that he is working every day to bring traffic to nullpo with his streams, as well as patiently bringing noobs like me up to the tournament level (16 people online today).

You should ask yourself what you are doing for tetris before going after others.
Pyrrhonian disclaimer: If I use assertive language, then I only do so as a manner of speaking. I might say "the sun will rise tomorrow", but deep down, like anything else, I can never really know that. So if I