Unreliable Tournament Players List

Started by Blink, September 10, 2011, 04:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killahbee

Quote from: Paradox
how dare they prioritize their careers over tetris!

the biggest problem here is player base, if you have hardly any players and just a few don't show up its huge.. thats what happens when you have a tourney on just about every platform.

don't misquote me now  I added the fact they give you outlines (which means you have time to know how much work is due)

Paradox

Quote from: killahbee
don't misquote me now  I added the fact they give you outlines (which means you have time to know how much work is due)

when someone says they are busy you can't just be doubtful and say" I bet they really have time". You have no idea really, all you know is that they said they were busy and you can't do much about that.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

killahbee

lol

I think you need to re-read my statement. I wrote there are a LOT of times (where as some times I really do understand) and honestly even if they came up with a lie saying they have issues with their internet now or whatever and they are sorry.. thats fine. I even give them benefit of the doubt.

Other times they don't even play until I hunt them down after forever and then they decide to tell me they are busy.

also never in my statement did i say "they come and tell me the excuse /reason they have too much school work" they literally just don't play.... because to them, that is the reason.

Please don't twist my words in any other way than I explained it.

Edit: I also wanted to say I don't personally agree with this list. But I could see why people would find it useful. Not that I don't trust other people... but I rather learn for myself who is "unreliable" and even then it's not too big of a deal lol I just wanted to note that people who run the tournaments should have this right. If you can't play, then don't sign up.... that would save you even MORE time !

I've also seen how frustrated it is for other players who are looking for their opponent and can't find them for a week or even two and then the player may not even be able to play anymore because the tournament has been pushed so much longer than expected.

Rosti_LFC

Come on man, shoutbox time is an important and important part of a healthy lifestyle

XaeL

Quote from: Rosti_LFC
Come on man, shoutbox time is an important and important part of a healthy lifestyle
i agree.. i think my muscles shrank 7 inches from all that time away from the shoutbox.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Koplex

What if my opponent is not coming online at all then how do I contact him/her
Herpy derp derp

ohitsstef

Quote from: Koplex
What if my opponent is not coming online at all then how do I contact him/her

Send him a pm
Go to their HD page, and click PM.
If you've sent him PMs and don't get a response then by the deadline, the player will be dropped from the tournament.

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

XaeL

Quote from: XaeL
i agree.. i think my muscles shrank 7 inches from all that time away from the shoutbox.

What is this i don't even...

I posted this?!

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Mule

Damn, I would not have thought that Tetris could ever become so serious to the point where a black mark would be entitled to whoever is unreliable for a tournament. I feel like people are going to be ostracized or segregated and eventually groups and clans will form. This is going to be intense--I'm sure of it.

EDIT: Dude wtf? Did someone revive a necro-topic? I just read up a couple posts and XaeL posted at Nov 6 2011, 04:29 AM. Crap.
You see the name "Mule" and you see a picture of a cat. There is no problem there.