Tetris Tournament Online Signups NOW LIVE!

Started by Blink, November 17, 2010, 04:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

http://harddrop.com/tourney

512 player cap, I doubt we'll even reach half of that but just incase.

Spread the word!  Twitter/FB/TF status messages, what not.  Thanks!

Paradox

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]I doubt we'll even reach half of that but just incase. [/quote]

No need for pessimism. I made a new TF account, wish me luck.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

EnFuego

Someone should spread the word to other competitive gaming forums (like team liquid). We will probably interest new peoples who are interested in competitive gaming.

Is TTC gonna post anything on the actual site? We would get a lot of people that way. Maybe like a banner thing in the platinum rooms?

XaeL

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Blink

Quote from: XaeL
blink, please link this:
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/pacific-time/

next to the times, for convenience

There's a clock at the top.

chopin

Hi everyone. To boost popularity please set your Tetris Friends statuses to "Tetris Tournament Online! harddrop.com/tourney" thank you!

bach_of_tetris

All the winners are going to be the regular pros at harddrop so whats the point of spreading? I guess maybe people can watch the finals...
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Rachmaninoff

Shizi

true that
dont even bother signing up
the less people i have to go through the sooner i get that ipod

Wojtek

Quote from: bach_of_tetris
All the winners are going to be the regular pros at harddrop so whats the point of spreading? I guess maybe people can watch the finals...
main goal of this tournament is (or should be) to popularize competitive tetris. actually i would do many things differently because of this goal (e.g i suggested groups staging, so everyone is given chance to play few matches before he's dropped). i don't know why tf.com and tetris.com don't have it in news yet, this is essential.
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

thomasgx1

I wanted to play but i can't make it on this night

After all this i want to know how someone who's about my level makes it in the tourny.

TF: The_brick_layer - if someone can find out who on my level does then let me know.

Blink

Which night can't you make it?  Because there are 3 choices, and you can pick 2 that you would prefer to have your match scheduled on.

mippo

wow 90 people signed up already

hahaha1363

i selected Friday or Saturday.but maybe im going to school friday in japan time.please revision "friday or saturday "-->"saturday or sunday"
☠hahaha1363

little_d

I really would love to take part...
but 5pm-8pm pst would be 2-5 am in cet  
is there any possibility to change the times?

Blink

Added a rule to account for disconnects:  

If your opponent disconnects without notice, take a screenshot and stay in the current room.  Allow them 15 minutes to rejoin.  If they do not rejoin in the 15 minutes you can take the remaining rounds.

Quote from: little_d
I really would love to take part...
but 5pm-8pm pst would be 2-5 am in cet  
is there any possibility to change the times?

I'm sorry little_d.  Selecting a good time for the world is one of the biggest problems of online tournaments, but seeing as how about 95% of participants will be from North America I decided to choose a time to suit them best.  You could nap and wake up in the middle of the night to play, yeah?  Your only other hope would be to reschedule with your opponent but I wouldn't count on this and I wouldn't enter the tournament unless you know you could play at the designated times.  No shows should be avoided.

Quote from: hahaha1363
i selected Friday or Saturday.but maybe im going to school friday in japan time.please revision "friday or saturday "-->"saturday or sunday"

done =)