Tetris Tournament Online Signups NOW LIVE!

Started by Blink, November 17, 2010, 04:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EnFuego

When are seedings going to be determined? Basically how long do I have to improve my TF sprint time?

It is going to be pretty mean for the slowest person who signs up to get crushed by blink first round. Out of curiosity what is the plan if we don't hit an even power of 2? Do bye get given out the first round or only on round with an even number of people left to play? And how are byes going to be determined?

Greenhouse

Just wondering, is this an official tournament hosted by TTC?

Blink

Quote from: Greenhouse
Just wondering, is this an official tournament hosted by TTC?

Nope, from the bottom of the tournament page:

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]THIS HARD DROP MULTIPLAYER TETRIS TOURNAMENT IS SPONSORED SOLELY BY THE HARD DROP COMMUNITY AND FORUM AT HARDDROP.COM.  ALL QUESTIONS , COMMENTS, AND PRIZE FULFILLMENT WILL BE DONE SOLELY BY HARD DROP.  PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE TETRIS COMPANY, BLUE PLANET SOFTWARE, TETRIS ONLINE, OR ANY OF THEIR AFFILIATES REGARDING THIS CONTEST.[/quote]

I must say though, the prizes that we are responsible for were generous donations from them.

Greenhouse

Quote from: Blink
Nope, from the bottom of the tournament page:
I must say though, the prizes that we are responsible for were generous donations from them.

So nice of them to help us even though we kept hating on them  

Blink

Quote from: Greenhouse
So nice of them to help us even though we kept hating on them  

Some players hate them, most of us don't, lol.

mippo

So how many new HD members since the signups?

koreanyama629

What happens if I don't play sprint? lol

jemm_4

This night attract people who are pretty darb confident that they migh win, and I would enjoy this except I can't really play competitve tetris at the moment. This could also be a way for more people to join harddrop.

This night attract people who are pretty darb confident that they migh win, and I would enjoy this except I can't really play competitve tetris at the moment. This could also be a way for more people to join harddrop.
"Given the real thing and an indistinguishable fake, which is worth more"- Gaen Izuko (Nisemonogatari)
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."- Aristotle

Blink

Quote from: koreanyama629
What happens if I don't play sprint? lol

You will be seeded with a Sprint time of 0.00 seconds.

DanielKCrandall

I think it's cool how everyone is updating or making their first sprint times for the seeding.  Some people didn't put a hell of a lot of effort into it though, just content to have any time I guess.  I find it hilarious that Hebo Mai is below me on the high scores.

coolmaninsano

Quote from: Blink
You will be seeded with a Sprint time of 0.00 seconds.

So not playing it gives you an advantage...?

Blink

Quote from: coolmaninsano
So not playing it gives you an advantage…?

How so?  A 0.00 second sprint time would be matched up against the fastest player in the tournament in the first round.

Quote from: DanielKCrandall
I think it's cool how everyone is updating or making their first sprint times for the seeding.  Some people didn't put a hell of a lot of effort into it though, just content to have any time I guess.  I find it hilarious that Hebo Mai is below me on the high scores.

Hebo didn't unlock his DAS and AR yet, he's playing on 1/1.

Shizi

nice
put me up against you first round
bring it on baby

coolmaninsano

Oh haha, I read 0.00 as a low number.

Put 'em as ten thousand seconds

Maii04

Will hebo have it all unlocked by the tournament?