NullpoMino

Started by Caithness, April 06, 2010, 12:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAS44

Ok well  I have it downloaded but how do I set the controls?

baseballboy4296

Quote from: DAS44
when you launch play_slick or play_sdl (slick is preferred but i see no difference), it should ask to set controls and if you hit delete for all, you need to redownload lol it happened to me a couple of times

Burbruee

It should ask you to configure them if you start it for the first time (slick or SDL)

DAS44

It just gives the controls with #s.... what the hell's that sposed to mean?

Caithness

Each keyboard key has a number that corresponds with it. When you press that key to assign a function to it, its number shows up.

crzy242

Quote from: DAS44

"UP" means HARDDROP
"DOWN" means SOFTDROP
"A" means right rotate
"B" means left rotate
"C" means alt. right rotate
"D" means hold
"E" means 180 degree

or run play_swing and set the controls there
☠  crzy242

Wojtek

Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

holdnext

Quote from: Wojtek
I was bored and added those tiny next previews above shadow:
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9011/20100530092022.png\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

if you want to try it replace orginal file with:
[a href=\\\"http://bziumm.mooo.com/~wojtek/tmp/NullpoMino.jar]http://bziumm.mooo.com/~wojtek/tmp/NullpoMino.jar

My changes only affect Slick version. Let me know what you think.

The path NullpoMino6_9_0_2/src/org/game_host/hebo/nullpomino/game/subsystem/mode can also translate text into a foreign language as well by opening the java files.

For example: when I apply changes to translate the in-game language to French, the changes doesn't apply. (all three render java files, and the game mode java files).

Wojtek

Quote from: holdnext
The path NullpoMino6_9_0_2/src/org/game_host/hebo/nullpomino/game/subsystem/mode can also translate text into a foreign language as well by opening the java files.

For example: when I apply changes to translate the in-game language to French, the changes doesn't apply. (all three render java files, and the game mode java files).
Is game text is not meant to be translated. Bitmap for used for in game text has only English alphabet. I changed "Hold" and "Next" only for fun. Game actually comes with japanese localization, so you can see what parts can be localized and what can't. Of course you can change whatever you want in source code and bitmap font file, but i don't think this kind of translation will made to official version anytime soon.

your changes won't apply because you changing just source code. You need to compile the code for changes to apply, easiest way is to use eclipse: http://www.eclipse.org/
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

holdnext

Is game text is not meant to be translated. Bitmap for used for in game text has only English alphabet. I changed "Hold" and "Next" only for fun. Game actually comes with japanese localization, so you can see what parts can be localized and what can't. Of course you can change whatever you want in source code and bitmap font file, but i don't think this kind of translation will made to official version anytime soon.

your changes won't apply because you changing just source code. You need to compile the code for changes to apply, easiest way is to use eclipse: http://www.eclipse.org/

Which program or download (from www.eclipse.org) is needed to compile the code?

Wojtek

Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

xlro

kinda bad news for the nullpo netplay server:

apparently there is a bug, where the netplay server constantly runs on 100% cpu time. the logs didn't give any clues, when or why this happend exactly, but I have to keep an eye on that now, and for the time beeing increase the process niceness drastically, so it won't interfere too much with the important processes on the box. I can report tho, that there are no more memory leaks with the current version, memory consumption is stable for couple weeks of constant uptime.
If that cpu bug turns up more often tho, I have to close the netplay server for now, till there is a specific fix for the problem. I think we still have at least one other nullpo server up and running atm, right?
I understand that this bug is probably very hard to debug, since the netplay server was running fine for hundreds of player joins and games, till it kicked in.
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]NullpoMino[/div]

Spirale

i am thinking of making an applet class and/or a JNLP descriptor to make nullpomino a "browser-based" game as I think it would lead to more  not tech savvy people to play it. Plus it would be rather easy I think since everything is already java.
Also we should make a simplified UI(with only options: customize control, customize das) for that purpose.
Also to simplify things we should fork 3 or 4 nullpomino clients corresponding to major rulesets. For example a Blockbox like fork, a Tgm like fork, a Cultris-like fork, etc...
I think that the customization is great but it makes the UI complicated which leads to people quitting nullpomino because they dont understand how to make it work.
Also to synchronize our efforts we should create a google code page or something for the harddrop/tetrisconcept forks.
What do you think

Wojtek

GUI may be uncomfortable for some people, but it's not complicated. Must be other reason why people don't play it.

I also don't understand why people believe that launching programs from webpage makes them easier to use. But if it's really easy to make and you know how to do it, you may give it a try.

Many clients for different rules makes no sense at all. However it would be good idea to add list of preconfigured settings for create game dialog. But i don't know what presets should go there, most of us plays fast TOJ like settings. Maybe other preset could be some TGM versus, but i don't know much about it. I don't think Nullpomino can emulate Cultris (time based combos) or Blockbox (1 sinlge sends nothing but 4 singles send 1 lines) currently.

I don't think anything is wrong with current Nullpomino, some things need to be polished but i think noname is working on it himself.
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

Spirale

GUI may be uncomfortable for some people, but it's not complicated. Must be other reason why people don't play it.

I also don't understand why people believe that launching programs from webpage makes them easier to use. But if it's really easy to make and you know how to do it, you may give it a try.

Many clients for different rules makes no sense at all. However it would be good idea to add list of preconfigured settings for create game dialog. But i don't know what presets should go there, most of us plays fast TOJ like settings. Maybe other preset could be some TGM versus, but i don't know much about it. I don't think Nullpomino can emulate Cultris (time based combos) or Blockbox (1 sinlge sends nothing but 4 singles send 1 lines) currently.

On a webpage you would have one link to click as opposed to when you download the zip file you get a list or 15 files plus 3 or 4 folders and have to double click the right bat file, and then again there are 3 options to choose from (slick, sdl, swing) which i think is good for the development version but for end users they should have just one file or link to click to start the game.
The same goes for rulesets you get a list of 20 rulesets and have to choose the right one.
I just think a pre-configured release with settings that most people use and the ability to change simple settings like controls and das would be better ?

On an unrelated note, I think you guys should update the lwjgl version in the lib folder as i think they fixed a bug for Windows 64 bit in april 2009 :

http://lwjgl.org/forum/index.php?action=pr...ge;topic=2860.0