NullpoMino

Started by Caithness, April 06, 2010, 12:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caithness

I copied the article I started on the TC wiki, but I don't know how to upload images on this one.

Burbruee

My server harddrive does indeed appear to be dying. You guys may have to switch to Wojtek's server soon as I don't know how long it will take me to get a new drive. (no cash and no spares)

I logged on just now and it's not even possible to execute many commands and the harddrive seems to have locked itself down to read-only mode and many files can't even be read.

Can't even restart it.
burbruee@143:~$ sudo reboot
sudo: unable to execute /sbin/reboot: Input/output error
burbruee@143:~$

It looks really bad.

The Nullpo-server is still up but I don't know for how much longer until everything blows up.

jennr246

Yes me and goofer were just playing appears the server is now down.
☠ Jennr246

Wojtek

I'm will update my server with new version soon.

edit:

done. if you forgot my server address is bziumm.mooo.com .

But i have other problem, seems java vm don't work well on vps, it use almost all available memory. If anyone has solution let me know. Unless i find some solution i doubt it will work reliably.

another problem is i'm noob and don't even know now to properly daemonize this.

mirror: http://bziumm.mooo.com/~wojtek/NullpoMino6_9_0_0.rar
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

Blink

Quote from: Caithness
I copied the article I started on the TC wiki, but I don't know how to upload images on this one.

Thanks Caith.  there's a dropdown menu.  Home -> upload file.  Or type special:upload in the wiki's search bar.

xlro

I set up a nullpo server for you guys, too, for now.

[link removed]

running v6.9 - I'll plan on keeping it online, if it behaves stable.
enjoy!
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]NullpoMino[/div]

xlro

updated the server to the new v6.9.0.1
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]Version 6.9.0.1 (2010/05/07)
#This version is still compatible with 6.9.0.0 netplay server. However, there is a small change to NetPlay server.
+STANDARD-PLUS (Created by Blink) and STANDARD-ZERO (Created by Wojtek) rules are now bundled.
+Updated batch files to both 32bit and 64bit compatible ones. (Thanks dodd!)
+NetPlay: You can change your team by using "/team" command.
To change your team, type "/team <New Team Name>" to chat input box, then push Enter key.
To change back to no team, type "/team" to chat input box, then push Enter key.
(Yes, no proper GUI yet. I'll add a proper way from next release.)
*NetPlay: Changed Ping interval to 10 seconds instead of 30 seconds.
Client will automatically disconnect if there is no response from the server more than 30 seconds.
*NetServer: Removed "Timer Disable" feature from TNET2-style auto start timer because I misunderstood.
(I'll re-add this feature as an separated option from next release.)
*Slick: Changed LWJGL back to 2.1.0 because it caused problems to some people.[/quote]
mirror of latest game versions at: [link removed]

as it has been stated, it's not necessary to update from 6.9.0.0, to be able to play on the server
those who had problems with the new version of LWJGL being used, should def. check out 6.9.0.1 tho

Burbruee

I just made an unofficial updater tool for NullpoMino.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6118422/NullpoUpdate.zip

Blink

Found some bugs:

1) Players can start the game even when everyone is on the same team.

2) sometimes when a team wins, some winning team members can continue playing by themself.

3) Disconnect bug (member gets disconnected after every round).  This happened to me and xlro. Server message on disconnect: [!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--] 20:43:19,436 [Thread-1] INFO  NetServer: Socket Disconnected on doRead (NOT-IOException) java.lang.NullPointerException         at org.game_host.hebo.nullpomino.game.net.NetServer.gameFinished(NetServer.java:1129)         at org.game_host.hebo.nullpomino.game.net.NetServer.processPacket(NetServer.java:762)         at org.game_host.hebo.nullpomino.game.net.NetServer.doRead(NetServer.java:223)         at org.game_host.hebo.nullpomino.game.net.NetServer.run(NetServer.java:139)
[/quote]

jennr246

The error i recieve when I try to run Play_slick: I have Windows 7 64 bit.

0-05-07 16:16:05,313 [main] INFO  org.game_host.hebo.nullpomino.gui.slick.NullpoMinoSlick: NullpoMinoSlick Start
10-05-07 16:16:05,396 [main] ERROR org.game_host.hebo.nullpomino.gui.slick.NullpoMinoSlick: Game initialize failed
java.lang.LinkageError: Version mismatch: jar version is '21', native libary version is '22'
   at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:103)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:129)
   at org.newdawn.slick.AppGameContainer$1.run(AppGameContainer.java:39)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at org.newdawn.slick.AppGameContainer.<clinit>(AppGameContainer.java:36)
   at org.game_host.hebo.nullpomino.gui.slick.NullpoMinoSlick.main(NullpoMinoSlick.java:203)

I would play the swing version which runs on my computer, but it runs really slow and I don't like using it.
☠ Jennr246

Wojtek

jenn, try this:
copy lwjgl.dll and lwjgl.jar from 6.9.0.0 to your 6.9.0.1 .
seems you have 64bit java unlike rest of us, and 6.9.0.1 has mismatched lib for 64bit.

seems player queue still not work correctly, or maybe our room got broken. Anyway i was spectator in full room, clicked join and my nick dissapered from list and my frame was showing other player.

slick's "field bg bright" say "(0:None 255:Full)", but you set value from 0-128 range.

for xlro and other who says swing nullpo run too fast, try this:
config -> general options -> framerate mode -> custom
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

jennr246

Incase you missed it on the shoutbox, this has fixed the problem. YAY!

Thanks!
☠ Jennr246

xlro

Quote from: Wojtek
for xlro and other who says swing nullpo run too fast, try this:
config -> general options -> framerate mode -> custom

I was always using slick, also on 64bit win7 btw (ofc using the java 32bit bins tho).
setting framerate mode to "custom (sdl&swing)" gives a rather accurate 60.0 fps, when running in slick mode, I did a quick timer test and it looked good so far, you sometimes lose maybe one frame (it displays 59.9), but that shouldn't be a problem at all.
so for everybody who also has 62-63 fps showing, just change the framerate mode, if you play timed games on nullpo

edit: enabling smooth deltas and vsync also helps for slick framerate mode to get 60 fps

Wojtek

of course i meant slick not swing.
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

Wojtek

new day, new nullpomino release:

ok, let me join this mirror craze: http://bziumm.mooo.com/~wojtek/NullpoMino6_9_0_2.rar
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland