An update from Tetris Friends

Started by Blink, August 03, 2009, 06:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldPlatedDish

They finally added the missions! Everybody rejoice!      

iphys

Blink

ranked mode is still far away I think =(

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]it's still a little too early to say when ranked mode will be released. The team is still working on it. Stay tuned. Tnx.[/quote]

hurtchow

What exactly IS ranked mode? They had one of those in Blockbox, right?

I'm looking forward to it. So far I've been surprised at how easy the games on TF are. I've made short work of players with ranks far higher than mine which seems wrong. On TDS I can't get my rating past 7000 so obviously the best players aren't at TF yet.
Tetris DS Friend Code: 485942 003301
My Music: http://www.myspace.com/bettergangway

ItsWhatever

So I e-mailed TF about my idea to have an option to what type of garbage you want to have in your room.. Like Blinky said, I got completely ignored and I didn't get any answers. Here's what I got:

"Dear Junior,

Thank you for the insightful email. Yes, there will changes to the dynamic garbage system when we release ranked mode. How dramatic the changes will be? That we can't say yet, we are still tweaking and changing the system.

So hang in there, we hope to release ranked mode by year end but no promises. J

-Tetris Online Customer Support"

I'm taking a long break.. Won't be playing for a while

meow

GoldPlatedDish

At least we know that ranked mode will come before 2010 rears its ugly head
They better hurry, though, it's only 3 months before the year reviews sprout like dandelions on a field

EDIT: They REALLY better hurry, only 2 months before we pop the champagne for 2010

Blink

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i36.tinypic.com/fck9di.png\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i36.tinypic.com/fck9di.png\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

New accessories are up now.

Blink

Wojtek found a test build of an upcoming version of TF, and it had working spectator support and a working friends list.  Woot woot!

GoldPlatedDish

I saw those people on TF Live chat
Clicked on their names, no scores, no avatars, no nothing!
Surely this is Tetris Support testing some admin stuff, one TF user said
Thoughts?

Wojtek

Quote from: Blink
Wojtek found a test build of an upcoming version of TF, and it had working spectator support and a working friends list.  Woot woot!
After last time when TF devs seen me on test Live server, they decided to protect the site with password.
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

Zoon

I guess it isn't exactly an XBox game that has many developers with a deadline and a stern boss with coffee breath.

The missions are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too easy, but hopefully by 'year end', they'll be lots of exciting new stuff to sink our blocks into =)

m__

It looks like we'll be getting friends in Live tomorrow:

QuoteSince launching Tetris Friends Online Games in March, we've received many enthusiastic requests for a true "Friends" feature on the site. After all, what is Tetris Friends without "Friends," right? Well, we're happy to announce the first phase of our "Friends" feature will be available tomorrow for registered users to take advantage of. Initially, this feature will be mostly beneficial for Beta Users playing Tetris Live, but this feature will definitely evolve over time to benefit all registered users. For now, start rounding up your Tetris Friends, because you'll be able to officially befriend them tomorrow!

GoldPlatedDish

Blink

it's near: