An update from Tetris Friends

Started by Blink, August 03, 2009, 06:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

Customizable DAS!! IHS / IRS Support!!

The game seriously feels like 25 times better now, it doesn't have that slow feel to it anymore besides the soft drop speed.  A very satisfying update!

tetrisfriends.com/games/Live/game.php?das=7&ar=133&ihs=true&irs=true

format your URL accordingly - the URL above will set your 'Delayed Auto Shift' to 7 msec and your 'Auto Repeat' to 133 msec and activate both initial hold and initial rotation.  

Change the numbers and true/false values around to how you want them.

meow

sensitivity felt great until slow drop speeds and line clear delays kicked in...

Rosti_LFC

Slow drop speeds and line clear delays are a good thing, stop complaining. One makes t-spins a little less stupidly effective, and the other makes efficiency of line clears important.

Shizi

the das for tf feels way different than bb

meow

Quote from: Rosti_LFC
Slow drop speeds and line clear delays are a good thing, stop complaining. One makes t-spins a little less stupidly effective, and the other makes efficiency of line clears important.

but the name of the game is t-spin online...

Red_Star

Without line clear delay I can clear more tetrises efficiently. The slow drop speed doesn't really counteract the slow line clear delay so T-spins are still stupidly effective. Now if the T-spin had a noticeably slower line clear delay than the rest then maybe.

I am for making the line clear delay a little less, but in return the combos might have to leave. Of course, I am trying to make it so the game is faster which is something that TTC will never go for. I guess I will stick to doing other stuff while my lines clear, maybe read a book or two while I wait. My only complaint is the speed of the game makes it boring for me.
Play Cultris

meow

its like racing except you're capped at 50km/hr

Red_Star

I played some matches with the DAS changed. It feels weird. Maybe it was lag. Sometimes it went farther than I expected and other times it would come up short. Fast DAS and Lag really don't go together well.

On another note, the more I deal with the combos the stupider they seem. Honestly, there seems little reason to not stack two lines at the bottom and then grind you way down when you get any garbage. Usually it will be straight tetris garbage, but even with messy garbage you get combos like crazy for stacking down. I am a big fan of combos from Cultris, but in this game it just seem kind of weird.

One on one there is some offense to be had, but group play seems to favor t-spinning at the bottom and grinding down until you are one of the last people left. I was just happy TC_Xeal was in the room I was in, too bad the lag issues was messing Xeal up, but didn't stop 'em from beating me.

I don't know how to feel about the game. It helps my t-spin practice since I need to t-spin to take on good players, but past that I don't know. I guess as long as I can find a room with TC and HD players then it will be fun.
Play Cultris

Blink

The slow soft drop speed I can understand as a way of balancing the strength of t-spins (which are already weakened by the lack ez-tspin garbage), but the efficiency of line clears is always important no matter what the line clear delay is.  Using this argument would mean that it would be favorable to actually increase the line clear delay even further - because the efficiency of line clears will be even more important.  With the same mindset - couldn't one argue that slow DAS was a good thing because with the reduced speed piece placements became more important.

Either way - even if there were no changes to the soft drop and line clear delay - this game already lost much of its slow feel thanks to the customizable DAS.  It's gotten alot more playable now.  They really need to get rid of that winstreak balancing feature though.

iphys

This is awesome . . . but I'll probably get slaughtered by all the keyboard players now.

jujube

Quote from: SuperMeowMix
i still have a weird field focus issue that makes me lose control randomly
it's weird because i've never had that problem. i ran an autohotkey shell spy script (see experiment 4) that displays messages about Windows events. then i went to TF live and this output was in the spy:

HSHELL_WINDOWACTIVATED  [4]

hWnd    : 0x2008a
Title    : Tetris Friends Online Games - Play Free Games Featuring Tetris - Mozilla Firefox
Class    : MozillaUIWindowClass

nothing interrupted it while i was playing, and there were no other messages given. your computer might be running another task that's stealing focus. there are ways to use an ahk script to try to keep a certain window active, but as explained here, you could have to edit the registry on top of that.

Moozze

TGM

Quote from: Blink
the URL above will set your 'Delayed Auto Shift' to 7 msec and your 'Auto Repeat' to 133 msec and activate both initial hold and initial rotation.  

Change the numbers and true/false values around to how you want them.
So what's an estimate of the default settings?

Wojtek

By accident I have found url to development version, it seems they working on some achivements system.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://bayimg.com/image/ladabaaco.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://bayimg.com/image/ladabaaco.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

GOOBZILLA

oh sweet. They seem quite easy tho. Most people can do all of them in about 1 day
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]

Goob's Money Crew[/div][div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]