An update from Tetris Friends

Started by Blink, August 03, 2009, 06:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZacTASTIC

Hey I hope this isn't too off topic... but what's dynamic garbage? I understand the whole concept of garbage, but what's the difference between normal and dynamic?

zaphod77

Quote from: ZacTASTIC
Hey I hope this isn't too off topic... but what's dynamic garbage? I understand the whole concept of garbage, but what's the difference between normal and dynamic?
DYnamic garbage means that if you lose, your garbage gets straighter and if you win, your garbage gets harder to handle.

SO it helps the losers win and makes the winners lose.

It makes it so the same person can't keep winning.

jujube

Quote from: zaphod77
It makes it so the same person can't keep winning.
unless that person is Blink.

mzhang

what are people's settings. i'm getting FRUSTRATED with how slippery mine are right now. 130/10

ItsWhatever

Check out http://tetrisfriends.tetrisdev.com

Tetris Live works on http://tetrisfriends.tetrisdev.com even when tetrisfriends.com is down. Test rooms also work fine and ranked rooms are still unavailable.

Looks like there is a new game mode RUSH (if you look at the missions in the Mission Starter Pak 2). Couldn't find it on the site so I guess its still not available.

There is also a new shop feature where you can buy Rubies for 10 cents per ruby available in 100, 500, 1000, 5000, 10000 Rubies. So 100 Rubies= 10.00 etc... You can then purchase sfx, voice styles, and other customizable features for you tetris profile (they won't be getting any of my money).

Everything on the leaderboard is out of date. Also when you get on the site, you will not have any of your friends or badges.

Looks interesting and future mission seem to be very time consuming, especially the ones in the 2nd Mission Pak.

Thanks to bigwig!

tepples

Quote from: ItsWhateverThere is also a new shop feature where you can buy Rubies for 10 cents per ruby available in 100, 500, 1000, 5000, 10000 Rubies. So 100 Rubies= 10.00 etc... You can then purchase sfx, voice styles, and other customizable features for you tetris profile (they won't be getting any of my money).
"Rubies"? It'd be cool if the player could buy these:

Lamp oil: Defeat all "hide" attacks (hide preview, hide blocks in matrix, etc.) from opponents.
Rope: When dropped into a column, clear all lines in that column as if it were a huge I piece. Then the rope retracts.
Bombs: Super Tetris style or Bombliss style or DuelTris/Tetris Jr. style, I'm not sure which would be best.

You want it? It's yours, my friend.

GoldPlatedDish

Quote from: ItsWhatever
Looks like there is a new game mode RUSH (if you look at the missions in the Mission Starter Pak 2). Couldn't find it on the site so I guess its still not available.

My guess is that RUSH is 20G SRS gameplay

tempfelix

so you can buy 10000 rubies for $1000? sounds like a good deal to me.

m__

Quote from: tempfelix
so you can buy 10000 rubies for $1000? sounds like a good deal to me.

i don't think they are actual gems  

bigwig

Quote from: m__
i don't think they are actual gems  
The exchange rate was $1/100 rubies (which sound like rubles, russia's currency.)
tetrisdev now requires a password.

ItsWhatever

Quote from: bigwig
tetrisdev now requires a password.

It was a matter of time before they did that. They should let beta tester have access to that site. Aside from ranked mode, whenever they decide to release that, it does not seem that gameplay at tetrisfriends.com will advance much in the next couple months. It was fun while it lasted.

GoldPlatedDish

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]
New Accessories Coming Soon!

Tired of the same mundane look ... block after block? Well, you're in luck! Requests have been flying through the door for new Accessories to spend those hard-earned Tokens on, so we've prepared some new Tetriminos and Ghost accessories for the fashion-conscious players.

For those of you who aren't currently taking advantage of the Accessories, what are you waiting for? Mix and match different Tetriminos with unique Ghost pieces to find out which type best suits your Tetris style. Learn More.
[/quote]

As if another fresh set of block and ghost designs would keep people happy...anyway, I've spread the word

GoldPlatedDish

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]For our loyal Tetris Friends supporters, new Accessories to spend those hard-earned Tokens on have finally arrived. Take advantage of the new Mino and Ghost styles just released!

And for a unique twist, we've been working on new ways to further customize your gameplay. Final touches are being made and will be ready for you to take advantage of next week. Be sure to capitalize on what's new and let your friends & foes feel the agony of defeat. [/quote]

A sign of times of change for Tetris Friends? This heralds the coming of pay-to-play TF...I think.

ZZOmega

Maybe they're adding all the cool crap that Blockbox has. DAS and RS options maybe?

clincher

Crap?!
You can change your DAS already
and choosing your RS is not gonna happen
It's all about the love