An update from Tetris Friends

Started by Blink, August 03, 2009, 06:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Algrokos

Quote from: Wojtek
By accident I have found url to development version, it seems they working on some achivements system.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://bayimg.com/image/ladabaaco.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://bayimg.com/image/ladabaaco.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

if i wasnt worried about my ranks those would be easy.  unfortunately I cannot get past rank 15 in any of the battle modes =(
I eat babies.  Yum.

GoldPlatedDish

Yay, missions
At last, something else to do other than aimlessly clearing lines
Can't wait 'till they're out!

Blink

Quote from: GoldPlatedDish
Yay, missions
At last, something else to do other than aimlessly clearing lines
Can't wait 'till they're out!

Looks very similar to Tetris Splash's or Team Fortress 2 achievement system

also - they should be out next week -

From Twitter -

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]"Hey everyone, just wanted to give you an early heads up to keep your eyes open... coming next week - Tetris Missions!"
[/quote]

Thanks to BigAl95 for telling me about it on the shoutbox.

GoldPlatedDish

Quote from: Blink
also - they should be out next week -

Oh, coolness

Rosti_LFC

Quote from: Blink
couldn't one argue that slow DAS was a good thing because with the reduced speed piece placements became more important.

You probably could argue that point of view, yes, except that fast DAS encourages finesse and adds to the metagame of playing quickly. Slow DAS can also be overcome with fast tapping anyway.

I can't really be bothered playing this until the ranked mode comes out. Maxing out the rating on casual now means that I've not really got much to aim for with playing, and the majority of players aren't good enough to keep it interesting. It's definitely nicer now with the IHS, IRS and the custom DAS. Means that I'm now screwing up all over the place with SRS tetlag, which means that I'm able to play faster than I can keep up with watching.

pinktako

there is no such thing as IHS, IRS, and DAS... where are you guys pulling this out of... seriously, for such hardcore tetris fanatics, i expected proper terminology. LOL!

Blink

Quote from: pinktako
there is no such thing as IHS, IRS, and DAS... where are you guys pulling this out of... seriously, for such hardcore tetris fanatics, i expected proper terminology. LOL!

Actually there is: http://harddrop.com/wiki/  

you can use the wiki to learn more about tetris and tetris teminology.  Just because you haven't learned about it yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  BTW welcome to the site  

EnFuego

Missions looks interesting and another waste of time. Although the rewards should be something cool other than more meaningless tokens.

Quote from: pinktako

um... where are you pulling this out of?

iphys

Oh, but we get special badges to go along with our stockpiles of tokens.

GoldPlatedDish

Ask them if they're going to implement a 'Master' mode and/or Worlds-like modes
That'd be neat

Blink

Missions early next week:

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]The time is upon us, let the countdown begin... for Tetris Missions!!! Coming Very Soon early next week =)[/quote]

now where's ranked mode!!!!??

azn_papirus

missions... thats no fair, i still have 3 bonus assignments to hand in...
What a cloudy day!
No ees not ._.

tepples

Quote from: Red_StarWithout line clear delay I can clear more tetrises efficiently. The slow drop speed doesn't really counteract the slow line clear delay so T-spins are still stupidly effective. Now if the T-spin had a noticeably slower line clear delay than the rest then maybe.
Slower like in The New Tetris for N64?

Quote from: meowits like racing except you're capped at 50km/hr
I believe NASCAR calls that "restrictor plate racing". Be glad it's not as slow as Tetris 1.1 (GB) or Dr. Mario.

Blink

Missions coming in a few hours, Tetris Support made a global message about it.

okay its pretty soon:

meow

Clear 2000 Lines in Marathon within 7 days to earn this badge

very creative