Blockbox (Post feature requests, bugs, etc)

Started by deniax, July 15, 2009, 02:53:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poopmo

Quote from: Blink
was there an update recently or anything?  My blockbox is messed up - it takes forever to load now and whenit finally does it's very very laggy.  Sandy's blockbox won't even load now.

My blockbox is really laggy too. I think its cuz its a different room.

GoldPlatedDish

A way to pause a 1-player game would be nice  
Of course, such a function wouldn't work in multiplayer, or else it wouldn't be fair  

jujube

you can pause with the escape key in single player. i wish that key could be reassigned though, because it's in an awkward place. between pausing and unpausing you're probably going to waste a couple seconds.

GoldPlatedDish

Quote from: jujube
you can pause with the escape key in single player. i wish that key could be reassigned though, because it's in an awkward place. between pausing and unpausing you're probably going to waste a couple seconds.

Really??? Wow, I never knew that  
But, given my current key layout, yeah, the Escape button is kinda awkward
I can easily reach the 'P' key with my right pinky

Blink

Along with the lag problems that don't show up at all when I play the Dutch version, the game has been crashing my browser (FF 3.5.2).  I'm on Win7 64-bit, deniax where are you!!!!!

Rosti_LFC

<Deniax> Ok then I know what is wrong

<Deniax> I enabled opengl support

<Deniax> for some linux users

<Deniax> but seems for some windows users this is not working very well

<Deniax> I will fix this tomorrow

SuperMeowMix

Quote from: Rosti_LFC
<Deniax> Ok then I know what is wrong

<Deniax> I enabled opengl support

<Deniax> for some linux users

<Deniax> but seems for some windows users this is not working very well

<Deniax> I will fix this tomorrow

sounds like windows and linux dont wanna play together, lol

but yeaa i hope this is the reason why its so empty, I was the only one on earlier. It doesnt lag in-game for me, but loading it up takes a lot longer than usual (sometimes i have to hit refresh)
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/kotetsu213/cat_slaps_amphibian.png\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/kotetsu213/cat_slaps_amphibian.png\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' al

jujube

what does everybody think about the garbage system (full garbage to both opponents) in 2v2 teams mode? i think it makes the games go too fast, and puts too much importance on what you do in the first 10 seconds of the game.

I_AM_SAND

hey deniax, not sure if you know, but a lot of lines on BB got screwed up.

E.g. the apm, the 8/4/modded controls, etc.

Edit: also it's now possible to start multiplayer games with 1 player. :

Anonymous

Quote from: jujube
what does everybody think about the garbage system (full garbage to both opponents) in 2v2 teams mode? i think it makes the games go too fast, and puts too much importance on what you do in the first 10 seconds of the game.

Yeah, it's extremely difficult to dig through garbage in this mode, especially since you have to coordinate with your partner.
My awesome downstacking guide, last updated (Jan 29, 2013): Downstacker's Guide to the Galaxy
Tired of the same old Tetris games? Read my idea for a revamped Tetris game! The Next

Feynman

BB is loading just fine for me and doesn't lag, except every time about 3 seconds after the game starts, which makes me misdrop almost every time. Is this the lag others are talking about or is it some other kind that I'm not getting?

Feynman

jujube

it sounds like other people have lag at random times.

have you tried disabling the sound in BB? the volume control is under the chatbox.

Blink

small bug - the APM statistic is shown as "&copy,APM"

Rosti_LFC

Same bug is even more prevalent in the expert options screen.

Anonymous

You're probably busy right now, but I would really like it if the apm worked. Because currently, it get's skewed in games that are not 1v1, so it's pretty much useless.
My awesome downstacking guide, last updated (Jan 29, 2013): Downstacker's Guide to the Galaxy
Tired of the same old Tetris games? Read my idea for a revamped Tetris game! The Next