IQ and Tetris?

Started by FireTstar, December 07, 2013, 07:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireTstar

Does IQ play a factor in your tetris skill?

Average IQ is 100 btw

Tetris Friends: FireTstar_ (on most)

NullpoMino, Tetris Online Poland, and Cultris II: Inferno (on sometimes)

Short Term Goals: Sub 35, piece preview

Long Term Goals: Sub 30, APM and LPM 50+, learn perfect clears, master T-Spins, 0 finesse errors (consistentl

morningpee

Quote from: FireTstar
Does IQ play a factor in your tetris skill?

Average IQ is 100 btw

We're all retarded and autistic because we keep playing Tetris.

pizzapizza

Quote from: morningpee

whats that have to do with autistic

FireTstar

Is this a joke or what? Like im actually being serious here

Long Term Goals: Sub 30, APM and LPM 50+, learn perfect clears, master T-Spins, 0 finesse errors (consistentl

morningpee

Quote from: FireTstar
Is this a joke or what? Like im actually being serious here
It's not supposed to be an educational game, it's supposed to be entertaining and addictive.  See Alexey Pajitnov's answer at 2:54 in this video.

This isn't something meant to render godly spacial cerebration unto its host.  It's a game.

ManOfMiracles

It's not supposed to be an educational game, it's supposed to be entertaining and addictive.  See Alexey Pajitnov's answer at 2:54 in this video.
This isn't something meant to render godly spacial cerebration unto its host.  It's a game.
Who's talking about this being an educational game?

He's just asking if intelligence and Tetris skill have any correlation. There's no need to get all mad and pissy about it.
MiracleMan

Shadow_Mime

It could help improvisational skills.

EDIT: But it doesn't help the brain when you continuously do the same task. The brain thrives on doing new things. That could mean trying new tetris games for people here, but I don't know.

If you look up "grey matter" and "tetris" in google, you're sure to get results.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://25.media.tumblr.com/849980ecb9f023a336f580cda828fc26/tumblr_mfb8otFU2e1rl3u9no1_500h.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"500\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://25.media.tumblr.com/849980ecb9f023a336f580cda828fc26/tumblr_mfb8otFU

charchar_XD

just because someone plays tetris and like it a lot , doesn't mean they're retarded or autistic and skill has nothing to do with those symptoms, my family plays and have no sign of either so not all people just some, it goes both ways and IQ doesn't count for skills in game, it is just a number, depends on how your mind works mainly but anyways so sorry but not ALL just some  

morningpee

My first post in this topic was a poor-taste joke, not a serious comment.  It wasn't meant to be analyzed because it wasn't meant to be logically rigorous.  Sorry for offending people, because it's clear that I did.

Extruderx

StS

My first post in this topic was a poor-taste joke, not a serious comment.  It wasn't meant to be analyzed because it wasn't meant to be logically rigorous.  Sorry for offending people, because it's clear that I did.

I'm shocked that you had to explain.
Sandal that Stinks

Current 40L (Nullpo): 35.32s

FireTstar

Well im assuming that most of us here have an IQ of over 100
Unless anyone here sets to prove me wrong...
If you do post your IQ score it cant be some IQ test from the internet it must have be taken with a psychologist

caffeine

I took an IQ test once. I scored a perfect 100!

Shadow_Mime

Quote from: caffeine
I took an IQ test once. I scored a perfect 100!

Damn. That's a mean IQ score. I can't even count to a 100.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://25.media.tumblr.com/849980ecb9f023a336f580cda828fc26/tumblr_mfb8otFU2e1rl3u9no1_500h.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"500\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://25.media.tumblr.com/849980ecb9f023a336f580cda828fc26/tumblr_mfb8otFU

PolarisTR

Playing Tetris doesn't make you smarter. It makes you think your thinking smarter.