Downstacking Competition Finals

Started by Ravendarksky, December 02, 2011, 12:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravendarksky

Downstacking Finals Grade 0G

Paul676 VS Anonymous

Winner: Paul 676 - 36 Pieces
Loser: Anonymous - 38 Pieces

It was a very close game! Paul had the edge with his use of 180 Z spins, but there really wasn't much in it - A slightly different piece order and it would have been a draw I think.

I'm going to record a video of me playing each players downstack so you can see it in realtime

Challenge
The challenge is to downstack my fumen the quickest. As each player PMs me their next move, I'll update the fumen diagram and announce the next piece. I'll maintain a fumen diagram of both players stacks and we can see who is the ultimate downstacker!

Please note that this is for the Title of Best 0G stacker. I will be running more downstacking tournaments in future with time limits imposed.

There has been a delay in this final being announced, as I have been trying to program a way of running this final faster without me having to be online to announce the pieces.... I've failed though!

Previous Rounds
Semi Finals: http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3985
First Round: http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3943&st=0

Prize
I will bless the winner of this competition with a badge they can put in their signature to show off their downstacking glory...! What? you want physical prizes not pixels?!? OK. I'll arrange for a Hard drop T shirt to get posted your way as well =O =O

THE STACK

[Fumen]110@9bE3gbJ3gbL3gbC3gbL3gbC3gbJ3gbN3gbC3gbJ3gb?H3gbN3gbG3gbN3gbG3gbH3gbL3gbJ3qbAoUaAFLDmClcJSA?VDEHBEooRBUoAVBv3/VCJNBAA[/fumen]

Feel free to play along as a spectator... but please don't post your solutions until after Both Paul and Anonymous have got going

Paul:
[fumen]110@9bE3gbJ3gbL3gbC3gbL3gbC3gbJ3gbN3gbC3gbJ3gb?H3gbN3gbG3gbN3gbG3gbH3gbL3gbJ3qb90UbAFLDmClcJSA?VDEHBEooRBUoAVBv3/VCJtDCA7ejTKAMCOaAFLDmClcJSAV?DEHBEooRBaoAVBqSltC6CBAAaDOaAFLDmClcJSAVDEHBEoo?RBKoAVBMujFDMNBAApDOaAFLDmClcJSAVTXSAVG88A4N88A?5sjWCz/AAAvaAebAahAvLOcAFLDmClcJSAVT7SAVG88A4c8?8AZ/dgCpn9wCOTOcAFLDmClcJSAVT7SAVG88AYP88AZ+CMC?a+dgCsoATXOcAFLDmClcJSAVztSAVG88A4W88A5dbMCUnnt?CpkANwApXObAFLDmClcJSAVT7SAVG88A4N88AZ+aPCzyzBA?twAzaOaAFLDmClcJSAVT7SAVG88A4W88AZvTWCTHBAAOiOa?AFLDmClcJSAVT7SAVG88AYP88A5MstCv/AAAs3Af7Ai8Az9?A2BB8DBCIBHHBZ8AtBBaPBvHBDNBGPBZOB9XBfeB5eBAAA[/fumen]

Anon:
[fumen]110@9bE3gbJ3gbL3gbC3gbL3gbC3gbJ3gbN3gbC3gbJ3gb?H3gbN3gbG3gbN3gbG3gbH3gbL3gbJ3qb90UbAFLDmClcJSA?VDEHBEooRBUoAVBv3/VCJtDCA7elTKAMCOaAFLDmClcJSAV?DEHBEooRBaoAVBqSltC6CBAAaDOaAFLDmClcJSAVDEHBEoo?RBKoAVBMujFDMNBAApDOaAFLDmClcJSAVTXSAVG88A4N88A?5sjWCz/AAAvaAkaAahAmfAvLOdAFLDmClcJSAVjrSAVG88A?YP88AZ+CMCa+dgCqAAAANjATfA+XObAFLDmClcJSAVTXSAV?G88A4N88AZn9wCvvzBA5TObAFLDmClcJSAVDVSAVG88AYn8?8A59dgCKNkBAcgObAFLDmClcJSAVT7SAVG88A4N88AZ+aPC?zyzBAZdObAFLDmClcJSAVDVSAVG88AYe88A5mntCM9qBAFl?OhAFLDmClcJSAVztSAVG88A4W88AZvTWCTnPFDse1LCsAAA?AO2A31AC4A35AT4AG7ATnObAFLDmClcJSAVjiSAVG88AYn8?8AZCOMCpyzBAi5AN8AUtObAFLDmClcJSAVT7SAVG88A4N88?A59rtCKH2BAx0ObAFLDmClcJSAVDVSAVG88A4N88AZyjPCv?uDCAZdObAFLDmClcJSAVDVSAVG88AYS88A5sHgC0ndBA/DB?u3ObAFLDmClcJSAVzbSAVG88AYP88A5GmFDT+1BAqBBT9Ac?PBNTB5SBfeB9jBAAA[/fumen]

Anonymous

Just to clarify, we can only tell you our next 7 piece placements and not one piece at a time right? Cuz if we do it 7 pieces at a time, the last few pieces, we're placing them blindly without knowing what is coming up. 1 piece at a time might take a while though.
My awesome downstacking guide, last updated (Jan 29, 2013): Downstacker's Guide to the Galaxy
Tired of the same old Tetris games? Read my idea for a revamped Tetris game! The Next

Ravendarksky

It's one piece at a time... Sorry >_>. I will try and be very speedy with my updates.

You can send me your moves via PM or email or any other way you like, just let me know what is best (and fastest) for you.

I was hoping to have an updated fumen program where it would give you both the next piece as soon as you've both placed one, but I didn't manage to program it in time

Please note. I will send you the next piece as soon as you send me your placement. But I won't update the fumens in this thread until you are both on the same piece. (to avoid the other player copying). Hopefully this will be fun for you guys and not super tedious... I can't think of a better way to do it and believe me I've tried!

We could do 7 pieces blind... But you would have to get Paul to agree to it before we start, and it's not such a true measure of skills

B1ink

Quote from: Ravendarksky
I can't think of a better way to do it and believe me I've tried!

battle to the death on blockbox should quickly determine best dser =)

Ravendarksky

Quote from: B1ink
battle to the death on blockbox should quickly determine best dser =)

It's 0G downstacking. We are looking at skill here without time.

My next competition will have gravity (and therefore a time limit), but will still be focused on least pieces used, not on speed.

Anonymous

Alright, one piece it is!

Also, pm on harddrop would probably be best for me
My awesome downstacking guide, last updated (Jan 29, 2013): Downstacker's Guide to the Galaxy
Tired of the same old Tetris games? Read my idea for a revamped Tetris game! The Next

Ravendarksky

Okay, nothing else will appear in this thread until Paul starts playing as well, probably about 10 hours from now.

Paul676

I'll get round to it tomorrow or Sunday - just packing my bags to go home from uni today - I might not do it tomorrow because given the time, I might be rather tired!
               Tetris Belts!

Ravendarksky

Paul676

So far we look exactly even. To get to the hole on the right 4 columns in, each of us only needs 1 move.
               Tetris Belts!

Paul676

Updated.
               Tetris Belts!

Ravendarksky

Looks close so far, Neither of you has done what I would have =D

Paul676

Please could we have a fumen to see what you would have done?
               Tetris Belts!

Ravendarksky

Quote from: Paul676
Please could we have a fumen to see what you would have done?

Not while I'm at work! But when I get home I'll see

Ravendarksky

Thread updated - Looks like Paul has pulled ahead a little, but will he be able to hold the advantage?