Facebook Tetris Battle Arena Beta Code

Started by Blink, September 02, 2011, 05:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

Current Tetris Battle Arena password is: MINO

(Last update 12/12/2012)

But don't go just yet!

Harddrop is a community all about Tetris. We like the game and you probably do too, so don't just grab the code and go... sign up, introduce yourself, and come join us!

Detailed instructions:
  • Go to Tetris Battle on Facebook
  • Close all the things that pop up  
  • Select Arena from the game menu
  • Click play now
  • When prompted for the code, enter CLASS

Tetris_Ernest

Additional Information:
This password will change over time. Follow us on twitter (http://bit.ly/tweetmino) for the latest password.

This game is currently in Closed Beta Mode.  If you encountered any issues, or have suggestions about Arena, please let us know.  Your feedback is important to us.

Jupiter_Joe

Couldn't get in after 12:00am eastern.

(or 8:30 am eastern- 9/3)

dispo_io

just played it. looks pretty good, didn't seem laggy at all.

you apparently get 5 lives, which is kinda weird -___-

its so hard to play without das/arr

Wojtek

Technically i see some improvements on this from TF arena. You can now see bonus of your opponent (double, triple, tetris, combo number, etc) just like on TOJ. Also your opponent field is less laggy and glitchy than on TF.

I don't even want to comment on lives/KO system, it's so terribly broken.

But anyway I have to admit this is huge improvement over fake TB Multiplayer.
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

Paradox

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]I don't even want to comment on lives/KO system, it's so terribly broken.
[/quote]

I think having lives is a good idea, the KO system not so much. One other problem with lives is that when you top out you have like top out delay or something.

Acemagic seems to be pretty open to suggestions so you should mention stuff to him.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

mippo

I maxed das or left/right, but it still very slow,
especially to get it all the way to the wall, hopefully this can be improved so it's more like fastest settings on TF?

baseballboy4296

Quote from: mippo
I maxed das or left/right, but it still very slow,
especially to get it all the way to the wall, hopefully this can be improved so it's more like fastest settings on TF?
agreed. maybe even faster than what's on TF

caffeine

Quote from: baseballboy4296
agreed. maybe even faster than what's on TF
To be specific, I think we'd be generally happy with a 0 delay autorepeat (aka 1G or less) and at most around a 110ish ms DAR/DAS/whatever you want to call it. It depends on the game, but I like anywhere from 66 to 110ms for this value.

Pheeb

I just tried facebook tetris for the first time.  The Graphics and everything were cool and job well done.

It just seemed to lack options for the most basic thing that every single player regardless of skill considers before the very first time they play.  PLAY CONTROL options.  I spilled OJ on my arrow keys so they dont work anymore.  And it seems like you can only rotate one way.  Im not saying it is not possible to customize the play control.  Im just saying it was not immediately obvious how I might change this.  It should be.  The VERY FIRST thing a player considers, even before their first game, is how to input controls.

Ive been encouraging people to start playing tetris.  A nice girl I work with told me specifically that she tried facebook tetris but the controls werent acceptable and it was therefore boring so she quit.  She specifically told me that she played 2 games but couldnt figure out how to move the pieces.  I spent months trying to get this person to try tetris.

All the fancy graphics and sound effects dont mean anything if players cant control the game.  New people will just turn their back if they cant figure it out promptly.  Play control needs to be immediately obvious and customizable.    

These are my thoughts,

Pheeb

caffeine

Quote from: PheebIve been encouraging people to start playing tetris.  A nice girl I work with told me specifically that she tried facebook tetris but the controls werent acceptable and it was therefore boring so she quit.  She specifically told me that she played 2 games but couldnt figure out how to move the pieces.  I spent months trying to get this person to try tetris.
The controls are shown while the game loads AND before you actually play the game. I think she was telling you in as a polite way as possible that she's not into Tetris.

Dakhath

Still pretty laggy for me (though so is everything, to be fair, so not a good measurement here). The lives/KO system + the average player skill makes it trivial for me to win every game I play... and as some of you know by now, I'm not all that good.

Still, it's good to see real multiplayer even if the amount of time I can spend playing is severely limited. Needs some sort of way to rank players by skill. If that exists at the moment I'm not seeing it.

...and then there's the whining. I swear, Tetris Battle players are the whiniest bunch around.

I'm an admin over at Visionary Tales. Yeah, we're a role playing forum. Yes, this means I'm geekier than you are.

Alexsweden

I really like it, once ranks and stuff gets sorted out and the game is out of closed beta I think it will be rly good. And I love the KO system - makes ST stacking OP! :D

Shizi

tried this out yesterday... pretty good

kaos

Gogogogo, I'm Diego 'kaos' Felices in facebook, if someone wants to play some games or unlock marathon and sprint^^