Facebook Tetris Battle Arena Beta Code

Started by Blink, September 02, 2011, 05:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pheeb

You can customize the keyboard controls if you hit ESC in the middle of playing battle 2p and pause it.  Not exactly obvious, but at least it is there.   I still don't think there is a way to adjust the DAS, or ARR, but it is coming along.

Looking back at the other comments it seems like thre may be a way to adjust the DAS/ARR,  I will do some more exploring.

DarthDuck

Quote from: Pheeb
it seems like thre may be a way to adjust the DAS/ARR,  I will do some more exploring.
You just open the app then click "Shop" which is the far right tab. Inside Shop you click "Tuning" (2nd tab from the right).
Pyrrhonian disclaimer: If I use assertive language, then I only do so as a manner of speaking. I might say "the sun will rise tomorrow", but deep down, like anything else, I can never really know that. So if I

Alexsweden

The new password is bird btw. There have been some minor changes too, you can change room with a single click and some new maps

DarthDuck

The current password is 'brains'.

Question: Does anyone have any idea on how to play a FB friend who is a lower rank than you? If I try to challenge anyone, it says the rank difference is too much. Is there a way around that?
Pyrrhonian disclaimer: If I use assertive language, then I only do so as a manner of speaking. I might say "the sun will rise tomorrow", but deep down, like anything else, I can never really know that. So if I

Corrosive

I hate this damn game because it takes way too many wins to earn enough coins to upgrade your DAS sensitivity, basically forcing you to suck or to pay money for the tetris cash to upgrade and I refuse to do it. F*** them.
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"
"Put some stank on those blocks."

Alexsweden

Quote from: Corrosive
I hate this damn game because it takes way too many wins to earn enough coins to upgrade your DAS sensitivity, basically forcing you to suck or to pay money for the tetris cash to upgrade and I refuse to do it. F*** them.
Well it takes less wins that TOJ required of you, I have almost max from just playing alot, and logging in everyday for months just to get the spins. - But yeah, it sucks that it takes ages to get there..

Corrosive

I'm glad I started on TOP where its all already unlocked
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"
"Put some stank on those blocks."

Ravendarksky

I did a dating website trial and registered a credit card. That got me the tetris cash needed to unlock almost everything for free. Although it was hassle.

What does getting all the Minos in the spin get you? Also how do I see which ones I have already?

DarthDuck

Quote from: Ravendarksky
What does getting all the Minos in the spin get you? Also how do I see which ones I have already?
edit: I forgot to answer your question lol. When you get them all it's unlimited energy for the whole day (at least what I got when I lined them up).

If you click the MyFriends Tab, it will show you all the ones you have, and all the ones your friends have. I get a little hesitant when sending these now because I now because someone was trying to send me a gift from a different game "FarmVille", and the request has the rhetoric of of a game request, not a gift:

Here is Special Delivery for your farm in farmville. This gift expires soon so be sure to accept it fast! Could you help me by sending a gift back?

This is about my fourth and at first I just assumed this was a spammy individual, but now I realize I was doing the exact same thing to people ~ pretty devious of Facebook to word it that way without telling you.

I did a dating website trial and registered a credit card. That got me the tetris cash needed to unlock almost everything for free. Although it was hassle.
I did the Discover Card deal, which gave me ~1000 credits for 700 cash (its more efficient when you buy in that volume). The downside was I had to wait almost a full month for them to process the offer, but now I have more than enough to unlock everything. I feel too miserly to pay for energy though even though I have about 500 cash from recent exchanges. And they patched every known hacking exploit so you can probably rule that option out.

But still, with everything unlocked, their max tunings are pretty weak. My better Sprint average on Facebook is around 1:25... while I can get 1:05 on Nullpomino pretty easy, and 1:10 on TF. There's just something about FB that makes me particularly slow. It's probably just just be me though since I saw a live stream of Blink averaging 40 or less, which is better than his PS3 averages.

Hopefully that arena challenge will be fun when they lift the beta, but I just got God of Tetris in Battle6P last night, and already am that in Battle2P, which seems to have removed my motivation to play (asynchronous replays). The Arena challenge is kind of fun, and you adapt quickly to the sluggish DAS/ARR, but there's no ranking system yet so you will only find beginners there now.

Anyway, I'm still wondering about being able to challenge friends. I suspect the answer is that there is no way to do it and we just have to wait and see if future game modes are more friend-friendly.

Ravendarksky

Anyone want to be my facebook tetris friend so I can unlock the other game modes? I don't like bugging my Real life friends with this sort of stuff.

Jupiter_Joe

Anyone want to be my facebook tetris friend so I can unlock the other game modes? I don't like bugging my Real life friends with this sort of stuff.

ditto, pm me and I'll add you.

Ravendarksky

Quote from: Jupiter_Joe
ditto, pm me and I'll add you.
I added you.... I think!

I need 7 more Facebook tetris friends.... facebook/ravendarksky

Paradox

ur my tetris friend forever now.

btw I just hacked to get cash. its free ~ weeee i have all the crappy settings unlocked ima go blow up bombs instead of downstacking cuz iono how to downstack weee laggg
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Ravendarksky

Quote from: Paradox
ur my tetris friend forever now.

btw I just hacked to get cash. its free ~ weeee i have all the crappy settings unlocked ima go blow up bombs instead of downstacking cuz iono how to downstack weee laggg

Dreams can come true =D

Jupiter_Joe

Tuning has had an expansion, I first noticed this yesterday. They've added 2 more steps to soft drop, line clear delay and left/right speed. Left/right speed is the cheapest- 10k for the new level in coins only, or, in tetris cash it's 30 for the new level (the same as the others). For soft drop and line clear delay it's 15k in coins or 30 tetris cash. The Ultimate level is 40 cash or 20K in coins.

Cash does not work like rubies over on TF, each level is unlocked separately.