Tetris Belts!

Started by Paul676, August 16, 2011, 03:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrytetris

I'd like to test for the white belt this weekend. I suspect Aaron will be my examiner due to ease of contact; should I work out a schedule with him privately, or on here? I'm not entirely sure which hour of Saturday I can do yet.
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]www.hrlarry.com[/div]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.
~Martin Luther King Jr.
[/di

myndzi

I'll mostly only be available Sunday and possibly Saturday night next weekend - though I can arrange to be around if necessary for other times. Drop me a PM if you are having trouble scheduling and I'll see what I can do.

Paul676

Larry: May as well contact him privately, since you two are in the same/similar timezones - please let me know whether you managed to get White once you've finished the test
               Tetris Belts!

CaptainPaul

by "Stacked TSD + Tetris, " are you meaning an st stack? or just tspins and tetrises?

coolmaninsano

Quote from: CaptainPaulby "Stacked TSD + Tetris, " are you meaning an st stack? or just tspins and tetrises?
[fumen]110@odB3gbE3ibH3gbI3gbI3gbI3gbI3gbI3gbC3pbdhj7?eCFJBZdBAAA[/fumen]

Paul676

Congratulations to myndzi and I who got Orange Belt this weekend, and CaptainPaul who got Yellow Belt.

I wasn't here much this weekend because I had things to get on with, so it's really crucial that for all belt sessions you arrange at least 3 days before the test. If you do that, I can ask any tester whether they are available, and so you are far more likely to get a test done.
               Tetris Belts!

CorrosiveX

can anyone test me in the next 9 hours?
40 lines: 26.67
Dig Race: 13.13

Paul676

The next testing session is this weekend - if you let us know what day and time is best for you, I will be able to test you myself or get someone to test you.
               Tetris Belts!

CorrosiveX

I'm already a blackbelt in downstack and oldschool multiplayer but yeah I'll let you know.
40 lines: 26.67
Dig Race: 13.13

Paul676

Tetris Belts!

Paul676

Tonight is the first night of Belt Tests. Please let me know if you would like to be tested, either now or later, and I'll try to fit you in. Your best bet will be tonight, but if a tester (myndzi, magnanimous, ravendarksky) other than me is there, then please ask them to be tested.

After this, there is a 2 week break from tests, taking place on the 24th and 25th September.
               Tetris Belts!

Paul676

Testing for this weekend has officially started!
               Tetris Belts!

DarthDuck

Paul deserves major props for his commitment to this AND his patience. He found me in a random TF room and then waiting while I closed the Nullpo window 15times trying to change modes because I don't know what I was doing.

I tried Sprint with 0 DAS (disaster) and digging mode with insane gravity (also disastrous) because my defaults were off. Then after setting gravity to zero he had to wait about 15 seconds for each of my tspins since I didn't have an override soft drop command.

He never made fun of me even though I deserved it very badly.
Pyrrhonian disclaimer: If I use assertive language, then I only do so as a manner of speaking. I might say "the sun will rise tomorrow", but deep down, like anything else, I can never really know that. So if I

Paul676

Congratulations this week to Wojtek for getting Yellow Belt, and NoManual, Cubixcreature, DarthDuck and ManOfMiracles for getting White Belt!

Next testing session is in 2 weeks' time, on the 24th and 25th September. I will be on holiday in Spain at this time, and so I won't be able to test anyone. Please volunteer to become a tester either by a reply to this thread or by posting a pm to me. It involves barely any commitment except helping the player know what spins or setups they have left, and guiding them through the procedure of testing. I really need your help on this guys, so please volunteer if you have time on the weekend which you can devote.
               Tetris Belts!

Paul676

bump, I really do need your help
               Tetris Belts!