Tetris Belts!

Started by Paul676, August 16, 2011, 03:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarthDuck

I could handle conducting a white belt test. I spent a lot of time on Nullpo's netplay the last few days and finally feel comfortable with it.

I also am ready for my yellow belt test but will just wait for you to get back next month since it's going to be ages before I will qualify for orange, heh.

edit: I'm sure someone has suggested this already but it would be fun if the belts would show up under our avatars.
Pyrrhonian disclaimer: If I use assertive language, then I only do so as a manner of speaking. I might say "the sun will rise tomorrow", but deep down, like anything else, I can never really know that. So if I

Paul676

Thanks DarthDuck, I'll put you on the testers list. Yellow isn't too hard to test either, it's on orange it gets a little harder. I designed all the tests to be as easy as possible to examine on, so don't be intimidated

Sadly Blink doesn't allow that kinda thing on the site. I have e-mailed him about it. I also e-mailed him about a similar idea, but he hasn't replied to that one yet. I sent it about 3 weeks ago.

The best you can do is put it as your signature by copying the image and pasting it to your signature, but that's obviously open to other people doing the same thing with belts they haven't got. The only consolation is that no-one would care enough to bother putting a sig of a belt they haven't got.
               Tetris Belts!

DarthDuck

Quote from: Paul676I'll put you on the testers list. Yellow isn't too hard to test either, it's on orange it gets a little harder. I designed all the tests to be as easy as possible to examine on, so don't be intimidated
The only consolation is that no-one would care enough to bother putting a sig of a belt they haven't got.
Already making my black belt sig (j/k)

I only volunteered for testing white belt out of the martial arts principle that you shouldn't award belts that you haven't received yourself. But I agree there should be lenience to that in the sense that it's not how you do it as long as you do it. If you recall, my tspins during the digging mode were pretty ugly.

So in that case I will volunteer for testing up to orange belt (and I have all weekend open).

I'm quite aware of what all these things are:
STSD (Super Tspin Double)
Stacked TSD + Tetris
3-wide combo, at least 8 combo
Captain Hook (allspin)
Fractal
In any order you like

But I currently refuse to test green belt since I don't feel confident judging a TKI3.
Pyrrhonian disclaimer: If I use assertive language, then I only do so as a manner of speaking. I might say "the sun will rise tomorrow", but deep down, like anything else, I can never really know that. So if I

Paul676

No problem

It would only be myndzi who'd need green belt testing, and I'm sure Ravendarksky or Magna would be happy judging a TKI3.

The fumens of all the setups in question are on the OP as well. Oddly I couldn't find in the wiki a fumen of the "straight" TKI3
               Tetris Belts!

Paradox

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]   I also e-mailed him about a similar idea, but he hasn't replied to that one yet. I sent it about 3 weeks ago.[/quote]

You probably have to contact him through league of legends
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

DarthDuck

I will be around all weekend if anyone wants me to conduct a belt test in Paul's absence. Just PM me. You can try to reach me in the shoutbox but I tend to get lag if I leave a window open for that with Tetrisfriends and Pandora on. Either way don't be shy and I should be able to get back to you within the hour if you try to reach me.

Ravendarksky

If anyone wants me to test them drop me an email or PM and I'll get back to you as soon as i'm online.
ravendarksky(at)gmail.com

DarthDuck

grats to Shuey for easily getting his white belt

Shuey

Thanks DD

I think we should update the belt images.  I've uploaded images here.  There's two different types.  See which set you like best, and if you guys like them, maybe someone can download them and re-upload them to whichever server is storing the current images?

Paul676

awesome, cheers for keeping it going! I'm happy to change the images if you'd like - I'm ambivalent about the current ones, inasmuch as they're not great but fulfil the purpose
               Tetris Belts!

Paul676

Tetris Belts!

myndzi

Ah man, I've been meaning to ask you about this thing. I think once a month is pretty off the radar! I'm glad people are still working at it!

Paul676

Once I finish these exams I might bring it down to once a week. Maybe before and after nullpo weeklies. I'll have to talk to rosti about that at some point.
               Tetris Belts!

Thelas

Not exactly sure... what is the procedure for signing up for a test?