Tetris Online Poland

Started by Wojtek, December 08, 2010, 02:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wojtek

Tetris Online Poland is codename for my effort to reverse engineer TOJ protocol and create my own TOJ server. I was working on this last month and i have pretty much whole procotol figured out by now and working server prototype (basic stuff works, but i don't yet have accounts, stats, messenger, etc). I do this because i like to figure out how stuff works and because i think while technically TOJ is great game, they are ruining it with stupid business strategy. And also I got pissed off for patch blocking attempts, so this is my revange.  :devlish:

What are benefits from having own TOJ server? I can fix many toj shortcommings, better 1on1 room with player/spectator system (instead of stupid king of hill), you will can leave room before game ends, you will get tp for playing, so you can get decorations, tuning will be free, i will have das presets that makes sense, all single player modes will be free and more. so this will be basicaly what toj should be in first place. And you will not have to worry somebody will try to block your client just because you patch it for better.

And if in future they will decide to shut down the game (there were rumors on 2ch about TOJ shutting down in march 2011), we can keep game alive forever with our own server.

Project Website:
Tetris Online Poland

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/5268/top2y.png\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/5268/top2y.png\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

DAS44

Been listening to you talk about this for a while Woj, looking forward to testing 'er out.

SecretSalamander

Blink

Wojtek = pro.  Amazing you were able to reverse engineer the server.  I've actually seen it in action and I think almost everything is functional already.

About the rumors of them shutting down TOJ in March 2011: lots of the Japanese players were saying it's a high chance of being a false rumor because it was posted on 2ch by a person with very few posts and has been known to post false information in the past.

I must also point out that this project is not affiliated with HD, and that it will be distributed on its own seperate webpage that Wojtek is developing.

solo2001

This looks sweet! If this helps mac compatibility in any way then i'd be thankful.
[15:40] DAS44: trolliest thread ever was solo's

meow

Paradox

I can't wait for TOP. I hope it works on linux.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

coolmaninsano

This is a great idea. Hopefully it can work with Macs, but I do have access to a PC if not.

XaeL

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

xlro

Nice to see this coming together, definitely worth the effort, since TOJ has a really smooth engine.
Not sure how much pressure from TTC or the like this could face, especially if you name the patched client + server something along the lines of "Tetris" and make it directly public over a website - but my guess is that only TOJ itself (and not just the parent TTC) could directly prohibit this (if you leave naming/trademark issues aside) and the "japanese dudes" probably won't care much, since they don't really want or account for foreign players on their service anyway.
on the other hand, since TTC is known for being rather unreasonable at times, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd try to shut this down, just for being offended so to say, when they get wind of this / becomes an issue in their eyes.
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]NullpoMino[/div]

Maii04

virulent

wOo~ whoever said wojtek 'hasn't contributed anything lately' is sorely mistaken! TOP ftw!
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]

kdbar

played a few rounds last night. great stuff woj! =D

blazen_azn

GoldPlatedDish

Well
Nice to see something big happening ever since...the TTC x HD tourney on Tetris Friends
Pretty sure it'll...

*sunglasses*

TOP TOJ in terms of gameplay and feel