Turn-based tetris?

Started by DrPete, August 31, 2010, 07:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maii04

Quote from: chopin
I've played about 50 games in the last three days. I need more. People challenge me please.

you are kos crazy.. youre making me addicted too D:

chopin

I apologize if I continue to post redundant suggestions. One thing I would like is to be able to go through the turns like how you can in Fumen with forward and back. I want to see what my opponent did or what I did. Replays would be automatically saved. Other suggestions include live chat and spectating options. The players shouldn't be able to chat with spectators or see their chat to prevent unruly behavior. Is it possible to have live updating every time a player places piece? If not, the current Reset seems fine, but I still want to be able to see what my opponent did last turn.

bach_of_tetris

Quote from: chopin
I apologize if I continue to post redundant suggestions. One thing I would like is to be able to go through the turns like how you can in Fumen with forward and back. I want to see what my opponent did or what I did. Replays would be automatically saved. Other suggestions include live chat and spectating options. The players shouldn't be able to chat with spectators or see their chat to prevent unruly behavior. Is it possible to have live updating every time a player places piece? If not, the current Reset seems fine, but I still want to be able to see what my opponent did last turn.

Spectators? Really now...
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Rachmaninoff

jennr246

I'm just curious about the bag piece order. Doesn't this mean u get all 7 minos, and then its repeated u get all 7 again, in any order ofcourse, but with no duplicates in those 7, is that right?
If so, I've had some games(like the one i'm in now) when the piece repeated before it should.
☠ Jennr246

chopin

Ok so some strange scoring and kicks I found.
#1 Why does the first one count as an S-Spin Single, when the second counts as an S-Spin Mini?

[fumen]105@XdE3hbF3jbK3gbB3gbN3gbC3Rcn2H7eAAAAXdE3ibB?3ibA3dDA3ycAAA7eCn+AAAAAAA[/fumen]

#2 Doesn't this usually work? CCW, soft drop, CCW.

[fumen]105@TeD3jbA3gbE3hbF3jbC3pbA4G7eDBUcJ9cRmBAAA[/fumen]

chopin

Ahhh this is the life ^ _ ^

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/5047/14778240.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/5047/14778240.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

jennr246

Chopin I have also had some issues with i-spins not working when they should, almost exactly same situation as yours but the overhang was 1 space to the left.
☠ Jennr246

Someone2knoe

I do agree that there should be a replay feature to see what happened throughout the whole game or previous turns.

DrPete

well it took long enough but TOJ garbage is finally in (current games will stay BB though). massive thanks for chopin for helping me test this out

next on the todo-list (these aren't in any particular order):
  • make 180s be like nullpo
  • look at I-spins? they should work like any other guideline SRS game, in theory
  • there's apparently a bug in mini detection, if chopin's fumen is right
  • simultaneous turns, eventually
  • rematch button to stop clogging up of the games list, some kind of forfeit/claim victory due to inactivity, ability to delete finished games from game page
  • make profile page and memberlist fancier, add ability to edit statuses and avatars, other profile related stuff
  • ability to undo moves
  • ability to replay the match move by move (make games publicly viewable by default?)
  • figure out what to do about combos, most people think they're too weak, thoughts?
  • figure out whether to nerf non-T spins to be like in TPD (send 1 line per line cleared for non-T spins, I think?)
thanks to everyone for your feedback. if anyone has any comments on the above, I'd love to hear it, some of it I'm not sure about
[div align=\\\"center\\\"] My Tetris Friends profile [url=http://kingo

bach_of_tetris

Could we please have a bb style option? Then its would actually be King of Stackers rather than King of Spinners -___-
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Rachmaninoff

crzy242

Quote from: bach_of_tetris
Could we please have a bb style option? Then its would actually be King of Stackers rather than King of Spinners -___-
how boring would that be? bb style isnt exciting to watch/play unless there is speed involved
☠  crzy242

bach_of_tetris

Its not as boring as "L SPIN DOUBLE" "Z SPIN DOUBLE" "I SPIN MINI" spin spin spin

crzy242

actually, allspins are newer and its very interesting to see all the possibilities and setups for srs spins.
what about bb?
tetris tetris tetris triple double double triple tetris tetris?
☠  crzy242

bach_of_tetris

meow

every mode gets boring after a while. all spins is interesting at the start when you're discovering new spins. i actually like 'tspins only' more now, you have to conserve pieces and don't have the freedom of setting up a twist anywhere.

as for bb rules, several players have expressed interest in it and i would like to see it too. perhaps change tetrises to send 3 lines to encourage more downstacking.