Sprint Movement Speed

Started by Zoltrix, March 19, 2010, 04:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohitsstef

Quote from: tempfelix
I refuse to switch over until i defeat blink at TF sprint.

looooooooooooool so we won't be expecting you in bb anytime soon

@Zoltrix when i went to your tf page i watched the "my playing style" part looll let me look at it again, my bad

-edit
you stack well all i can say is tap faster  
join us on blockboxgame.com

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

jujube

i didn't watch the replay either  i didn't have time but posted for some reason anyway.

and i was agreeing with stef because she gave the only advice that would really be useful in tf sprint...and if you're already doing it then there's not much to be said other than "tap faster". but i wouldn't avoid other tetris games before beating blink. it could easily take years to do that. nothing against tf, but why force yourself to play only that?

maybe there's some machine you can get that would vibrate your fingers at a certain rate, and maybe your brain would get the picture and make your fingers go that speed after you take the machine away. if you can't find such a machine at a reasonable price then i don't know what to tell you. but i've been trying to tap faster for years without a machine and i've had no progress.

something like this might be easily modified.

ohitsstef

Quote from: jujube
i didn't watch the replay either  i didn't have time but posted for some reason anyway.

and i was agreeing with stef because she gave the only advice that would really be useful in tf sprint...and if you're already doing it then there's not much to be said other than "tap faster". but i wouldn't avoid other tetris games before beating blink. it could easily take years to do that. nothing against tf, but why force yourself to play only that?

maybe there's some machine you can get that would vibrate your fingers at a certain rate, and maybe your brain would get the picture and make your fingers go that speed after you take the machine away. if you can't find such a machine at a reasonable price then i don't know what to tell you. but i've been trying to tap faster for years without a machine and i've had no progress.

something like this might be easily modified.

thats genius jujube! you should make something like that and then sell it to us
but give it to me for free, obv

tempfelix

Well, at the very least I'll wait until I break 40 seconds to switch over.  I'm so darn close.

jujube

Quote from: ohitsstef
thats genius jujube! you should make something like that and then sell it to us
but give it to me for free, obv
if i ever make one it's yours  

but Ron Mingo would say improving your speed is 100% perspiration. it's hard work  

good luck felix. i guess i would stick with it if i were that close to 40 seconds.

ohitsstef

Quote from: jujube
if i ever make one it's yours  

but Ron Mingo would say improving your speed is 100% perspiration. it's hard work  

good luck felix. i guess i would stick with it if i were that close to 40 seconds.

lol that video is so old D:
hard work = tapping till i can poke a hole through my keyboard with my fingers yuh yuh jkjk

lightning fast fingers

Zoltrix

Quote from: ohitsstef
lol that video is so old D:
hard work = tapping till i can poke a hole through my keyboard with my fingers yuh yuh jkjk

lightning fast fingers

I tried playing blockbox but I just couldn't play it cause of where it shows the up coming pieces, turns out on TF I look at the upcoming ones more then I look at the board. I can't really see it that well on blockbox. Also how do you restart a game on blockbox? >.>

I don't know why it quoted you lol

meow

alt+r to restart

it shouldn't be too difficult to adjust to the previews.

massi4h

Kinda why I played BB once and never looked back  Couldn't get used to the previews at the top.
☠ massi4h

Achille

I got the same problem, but  I feel im getting used to it...

If they ever tell my story, let them say I walked with giants.

Men rise and fall like the winter wheat but these names will never die.

Let them say I lived in the time of Hector tamer of horses.

Let them say... ...I lived in the time of Achilles.

Paul676

I had a look at the replay and I can see two main things for you to do- first one is do 2 tetrises at a time, rather than one, and just use the hold queue as much as you can for holding I pieces (I have that problem too!)

Secondly, the main place where time was lost was in the decision making process for where you put the pieces- i.e. before you start to move the pieces, you wait for about 0.4 or 0.5 seconds a piece, which is where you can easily improve by playing games with better das such as blockbox or even tf arena. But the main thing which gets the thinking time down is just playing more- you'll get there in the end.
               Tetris Belts!

caffeine

Quote from: massi4h
Kinda why I played BB once and never looked back  Couldn't get used to the previews at the top.
Yeah, that's one of my main gripes, too.

Paul676

yeah when getting used to blockbox previews I found that turning big piece on in the options helped
               Tetris Belts!

ohitsstef

Quote from: massi4h

open your eyes wider... jkjk
i don't have a problem with it
tf and toj previews are easier to see since they're on the side, but i actually like top previews better

once you become more confident in where you're placing your pieces you don't need to look down as much.. as long as you know where you're going to place the pieces. (i hope that made sense D:)

good luck!

wksrdg

Well atleast I am not the only one who has problem with previews above the playing field