The Anime/Manga Thread

Started by Rosti_LFC, July 19, 2009, 02:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosti_LFC

One of my housemates is watching it, and said he's struggling to finish it because it feels so boring and clichéd when you've already seen Kanon and Clannad, which are both better.

StS

I remember watching Air TV after Kanon2k6. I loved some of the arcs, but the ending confused me to bits. I agree that Kanon and Clannad are both better; Clannad AS especially (though Kanon holds a special place in my heart because it was one of the first anime I watched, ever).

Also, everyone needs to go and watch Princess Tutu now. My all-time fave anime with great storytelling and a great soundtrack.
Sandal that Stinks

Current 40L (Nullpo): 35.32s

jkwon23

I'm currently watching:

Attack On Titans (Shingekyo no Kyojin) - ongoing

About:Many years ago, the last remnants of humanity were forced to retreat behind the towering walls of a fortified city to escape the massive, man-eating Titans that roamed the land outside their fortress. Only the heroic members of the Scouting Legion dared to stray beyond the safety of the walls â€" but even those brave warriors seldom returned alive. Those within the city clung to the illusion of a peaceful existence until the day that dream was shattered, and their slim chance at survival was reduced to one horrifying choice: kill â€" or be devoured!(crunchyroll)

Hunter X Hunter -ongoing

Sword Art Online (series is complete)

And reading:
Attack on Titans - ongoing

Katatoniopeth

I am currently watching Kimi no Iru Machi

it's ongoing, but close to completion.

jkwon23

I just started reading a manga/manhwa called The Gamer Here's the summary:

"What would happen if your world suddenly turned into a game? If you could level up and raise your stats? An adventure of a life-turned-game" (Mangahere).

It just started this month.
If you're interested, dig in!

ManOfMiracles

Quote from: jkwon23
Hunter X Hunter -ongoing

I'm currently watching that atm. Fun characters and somewhat interesting story.
MiracleMan

qwerty098765

@Rosti: The second series of Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya~ If the loop of 8th arc is annoying you... hang in there.

I just acquired a copy of "Children who Chase Lost Voice from Deep Below" and I'm looking forward to it ^^.
My favourite animes have always been feature film animes. It's not surprising because TV series anime are usually
adapted for a more generic audience and I tend to find these either long and drawn out or cliched and fanservice.

My favourite anime so far is "Nausicaa Valley of the Winds." In terms of TV series animes and OVAs I found
"Murder Princess" likeable. It was their characters despite the generic anime. I tried watching "Le Petite Corsette"
but I didn't get very far... Starts off creepy :< //Kudos to a horror anime!.

Some popular animes that I think were over-hyped: Jigoku Shoujo (man those repeat animations...), Mawaru
Penguindrumu (more repeat animations :< ), Star Driver (repeat animations are popular aren't they? //KIRABOSHI),
Inu x Boku (that wolf guy ughhh... But paper guy was cool), Uraboku (fails in charcter development) and Hakuouki
(also fails in character development). There's more... I could probably name more... haha.

I read faaar too many mangas and webtoons to talk about them all. Currently I have about 15 tabs open keeping up
with scanlation updates lol. If anyone wants recommendations I don't mind exchanging my recommendations for
your genre/preferences ^^.
DotDotDot
[/color]