"Next Piece" Player Spotlight Nominations

Started by Blink, July 06, 2009, 02:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyalLance

Quote from: XaeL
IS ROYAL LANCE = TRIFORCE ??

No.

XaeL

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

RoyalLance

Quote from: XaeL
oh. but did u pwn the triforce guy?

Nah. He didn't play in the tourney but we played right afterward. I knew a bit of the HD tricks but he stacks so much faster and cleaner to make a difference.

XaeL

is he actually any good? as in does he stack at 2tps and do 3 wide or anything imba?

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

iphys

Lol, I hope that Triforce guy has improved his skills after playing the "perfect" game of Tetris.

RoyalLance

With all due respect, I did not post about  tournament win here to talk about how "actually any good" Triforce is. I posted because it was a tournament I won. And this thread was about posting accomplishments, no matter small it is.

No I didn't play against 30 Blinks that day. And I know I have a long to go before I can hold my own against the top here. I want to learn the game. I want to get better. That's why I read HD.

zemus

congrats on your win... is that obama?
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million, but I was just as happy when I had $48 million."-Schwarzenegger

chowmain24

ok idk if this will get me POM award this month but here is what i have been doing while none of you were watching
1.dropped 3 seconds on my sprint time. 47.86
2.moved up to 5 das ad 5 ar
3.got 3rd in NP weekly tournament
<div style="overflow: hidden; background-image: url(http://harddrop.com/design/pic/badges/bg_black.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 285px; height: 85px;position:relative;"><span style="width:60px;height:85px;float:left;overflow: hidden;margin-top:10px;margin-left:10px;"><a href="http://hard

RoyalLance

Quote from: zemus
congrats on your win... is that obama?

LMAO! First time I got that about my avatar.

jca483

i used to think i was good at tetris. and then my world came crashing down on me. it turns out im really not that good. soooooooo  i am here pleading to any1 and every1 to  help me get better. help me please!   any help i wud truly appreciate. ty. im new here btw. barely 2nd day. just looking to get better

coolmaninsano

1. Cut 11.33 seconds on 40 Lines (72.66 to 61.33).

2. Hosted a 32-player tournament and will be hosting another in August.

3. Performed a 19-combo.

4. Took over the iPhone Marathon leaderboards with 1,135,296 points.

5. Won an HDO match and cruising into the playoffs.

6. Increased Ultra score by 5,956 points (18,118 to 24,074).

DAS44

OK so summary.

48.68 bb 40L (beginning of the month around 58)

55 sec Tf sprint (3 lower than previous record)

Beat my previous ultra score by 2K (not much by some people here but it's a start)

Got to 700K on TF Marathon.

Banned from blockbox twice in two days :o

18 combo in arena about a week ago.

Finished bb classic mode.. not much of an achievement but I'm addin it in

Noogy

since when is performing a large combo an achievement? can't anyone do a 4 wide easily?  

DAS44

Quote from: Noogy
since when is performing a large combo an achievement? can't anyone do a 4 wide easily?  :unsure:
Only added it because insano did :p

Blink

POTM = coolmaninsano, good stuff.

DAS44, you were close, keep it up.

Honorable mention:  Chopin, for all the hard work he put into the wiki!  There's a ton of new articles about twists/spins/t-spin setups.