"Next Piece" Player Spotlight Nominations

Started by Blink, July 06, 2009, 02:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MicroBlizz

☠ MicroBlizz

larrytetris

I hit the 50 second barrier today for 40L mode, but haven't crossed it.

I'm literally at 50.00 on TF sprint.
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]www.hrlarry.com[/div]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.
~Martin Luther King Jr.
[/di

MicroBlizz

☠ MicroBlizz

artifaxiom

Quote from: Blink
Hi, this is for all players, whether you're a beginner or already skilled player - everyone can improve.  Don't be discouraged to post about your achievements/improvements, they are something to truly be proud of.  Don't be shy if you feel your skills are lacking, everyone knows we all start somewhere.  Feel free to use this thread to talk about your improvements throughout the week, what you've learned, what new techniques you've mastered, how much faster you've gotten, or just how your tetris skills are progressing.  At the end of each week, we will select the player who has shown the most improvement that week and display them on the main page as the "Player of the Week".  This will be ongoing to let the community monitor its members progress', have fun and let's improve together.
To start things off profane has been selected as this week's most improved player, having cut over 20 seconds off his 40 lines record and also having learned to use double rotate this week.  great job, keep it up profane.  

I hope to hear about other community member's improvements soon!

Finally pulled a b2b t-spin on TOJ in a reasonably competitive environment.  Getting them in marathon or whatever is one thing, but doing them in a timely manner's another thing completely!

A little annoyed that I can't change my DAS settings without being a premium member (which I assume one must pay for).
Mike

DAS44

Quote from: MicroBlizz
27.07 secs in blockbox
Showoff.

:P

larrytetris

Broke 2m points and 500 bonus lines on TF survival

Hit the 300 mark on nullpo Phantom mode.

Gonna keep working on those invis modes...
~Martin Luther King Jr.
[/di

xxsoboredxx

Went from 24 seconds 18 line dig mode to 16.73 in 2 days :]
And learned all spins  

Hypofreakk

TF 40 lines time 42.48 to 38.58 seconds. Sub 40 yay
BB 40 lines time 34.97 to 33.05 seconds.
Almost got 32 but missdropped D';

asdew

well in blockbox 40L mode i went from 1:38 to 1:05.45. In tetris friends sprint i went from 1:22 to 1:17. In marathon i made it to the leaderboard(for today) in top three but its probably because theres no pros that played it yet. in sprint 5p i went from rank 2 to rank 14.Nullpomino 40L i went from 1:29 to 58.45 and thats it i think...

laboose

I HAVE ACCOMPLISHED:

FINALLY breaking 40 seconds, I'm at 37.12 now, I think I improved a total of 8 seconds in the last two months >______________<

I was able to increase my LPM to an average of 52, I think a 7 LPM increase count.

Increased my TOJ Challenge Score by about 420k in the last month.

I'm more efficient than ever. ^_______^

Noogy

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i38.tinypic.com/et6rsi.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i38.tinypic.com/et6rsi.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

DrPete

got 40L down from 01:13.48 to 01:00.86 [edit: GOT SUB60 WOO new time: 00:57.10]

made platinum on TF
[div align=\\\"center\\\"] My Tetris Friends profile [url=http://kingo

DAS44

I beat my bb driller score three games in a row (later beaten to 21 from around 36)

Beat both my bb 40L(48.68-46.32 :/ not much but it's there) and my tf 40L, to sub 50 (54-49.1)

Maxed rank on tf (not much of an accomplishment but I'll throw it out there)

Broke my block survivor on bb (now 2:43) (beat it again now 2:47)

Did my first "tournament" (just a npw). Lost 3-10 to noogy first time (got the first two on luck ), 10-1 the next match then 1-10 (shen destroyed me D:)

Moved to 0 gravity.

Incorporating 180 spins mid game

I ain't gonna win but yeh.

Paul676

Check my later post, which is on page 32, for the updated improvements this month!
               Tetris Belts!

larrytetris

Broke 50 on first Nullpo and later TF Sprint, both of which are 48.xx, about a week after changing keyboard configuration. 6 seconds in a week on nullpo! 2 seconds off my sprint time.

Dropped my Phantom Mode Level 300 time to sub 4min, almost 1 PPS on invis with 79 lines.
[attachmentid=24]
~Martin Luther King Jr.
[/di