[TOJ] Tetris Online Japan New Player Guide

Started by Blink, July 02, 2009, 02:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XaeL

no. create a new account or learn japanese to send the admins an email.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

nahucirujano

Quote from: XaeL
no. create a new account or learn japanese to send the admins an email.
Thanks dude, I just did that, I create a new account... I wanna have the same nick I have on my youtube videos...
Thanks
Regards

bluesphere

No idea where to announce this, I'll just do it here:
You can no longer pick/change your Room name in TOJ unless you're a Premium member now.
Get's worse day by day. =/

meow

that does really suck. at least we have nullpomino which is almost identical but with better controls

Wojtek

Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

miasme

Hi there, I hadn't been playing TetrisOnline for a while, so when I started it, it went through an update, and since it won't launch...

It goes through the update process and then says PatchClient.exe has crashed.
The same happends if I try with the launcher in this thread.

Here's a screenshot:

I tried: re-installing, removing every other program including antivirus, beating the computer.

If that matters, i'm on a French version of Windows 7 64bits

ohitsstef

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]Those who wish to pay for a premium subscription can do so at the monthly fee of 315 yen plus tax, although you get the first month free. Payment continues until you cancel it through the TOJ website but you must be a subscriber for atleast 2 months before you can cancel your subscription. [/quote]

315 yen around 3.60/month
is it still the same price now or did they change it?

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

el_ja

I started on toj since tf is kinda crappy these days, and I was wondering.
What do the smilies next to the player mean in-game.
I see there's a green and orange smilie and a blue one (like a robotic face).

I saw that blue is beginner, green is 1v1 and orange general when first selecting multiplayer but it's not the same as the smilies in-game.

When I play I get and orange one with level 28, but there are level 50 with green and with orange.
So what's the difference.

Wojtek

orange is female,
green is male,
blue is bot.
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

el_ja

well lol, have to change that.
I'm male  

Although I don't speak to anyone there so I guess it doesn't mater very much.

pragmaticleas

Would anyone happen to know how to earn TP as a free member on TOJ? In the guide, it is mentioned that premium members earn TP five times faster than free members, so I assumed there is a way - though less efficient - for free members (besides inviting a new player into TOJ). Any help would be appreciated.

Wojtek

Quote from: pragmaticleas
Would anyone happen to know how to earn TP as a free member on TOJ? In the guide, it is mentioned that premium members earn TP five times faster than free members, so I assumed there is a way - though less efficient - for free members (besides inviting a new player into TOJ). Any help would be appreciated.
You now longer get any TP for playing, premium user or not. Only way to get TP now is by buying TP scratch card.
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

pragmaticleas

Quote from: Wojtek
You now longer get any TP for playing, premium user or not. Only way to get TP now is by buying TP scratch card.

Thanks Wojtek.

That's kinda disappointing because I was planning to get some DAS and ARR on it like I have on TF. Now I feel slow . I will just hope for one day when they lift that TP earning barrier.

artifaxiom

Recently my version of TOJ was unable to connect consistently, so I figured there must've been an update.  I uninstalled and reinstalled, and now once I enter my username and password, I get a "Unable to connect to remote server" error.  I recently got a webVPN, which is my guess on what's causing the issue, but I'm not tech-savvy enough to know how to deal with it.  Any advice?