HD Team League

Started by myndzi, January 01, 2011, 09:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myndzi

I'm not likely to get rid of any of the current types. I'll need to add two if I go to best of fives next season.

I updated everything to say Zodiak instead of SexTetris, and updated their leadership on the roster as well. Please let me know if I missed anything.

larrytetris

I never updated you on this, but Aaron/coolmaninsano joined our team last week and Repetition314 joined this week. You can check their acceptance posts for the timestamp if you want.
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]www.hrlarry.com[/div]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.
~Martin Luther King Jr.
[/di

myndzi

Aaron's post is from Monday, so he's ineligible this week (and the others). I'll update the rosters.

We're coming up on the end of the regular season, so don't forget that roster lock is closing in! I will not allow any roster changes after the last match of the season. (Well, players can join, but they won't be able to play in the finals.)

myndzi

Regular season has concluded! Read on for information about the playoffs.

The playoff seeds are:
1. Element
2. Epilogue
3. STARS
4. The Eurofighters

The first match will be Eurofighters vs STARS. The winner of that match will play Epilogue, and the winner of that match will play Element in the finals.

The playoffs will have a slightly different format
Each match will be a best of five sets, so that every game type is represented. Timeout rules will remain the same, but there is a major change to who can play when. Captains may field a player as many times as they want until that player gets a win. What this means is that to win a playoff match, you will need three distinct players each to win a game, but it also means that players may be reused if they didn't win. You may still only perform one substitution, and you may not substitute a player who has played in a set that your team won. If you sub someone out and their replacement wins the set, neither player will be allowed to play in further sets.

Before the match, captains will be allowed to thumbs down a single game type. This type will not be included in the first three sets. The higher seeded team will have preference, so the lower seed's thumbs-downed type will be played fourth, and the upper seed's thumbs-downed type will be played fifth.

Looking forward to wrapping this up, I hope you all have had fun.

jujube

sounds interesting. i always get confused by high seed/low seed though. do you mean the higher or lower number?

oh, i have another question about thumbs-downing. will the choices be public or private, and what if both teams choose to down the same mode? if it's public, which team will choose first?

myndzi

High seed is #1; that is, the team that performed the best has the advantage.

Thumbs down should be private. If both teams choose the same, then that one will be the last one played, and the first four will be randomly ordered.

myndzi

HDTL Season 1 has officially concluded. Congratulations to Epilogue for taking the final match 3-0 over Element!

Thank you everyone who participated for making this a successful and entertaining event.

Blink

Thanks for the time you put in hosting this successful event myndzi, looking forward to next season.

Profane

yeah what Blink said.  you did a great job running season 1 and i'm more excited about season 2.

Ukrainian4Life

You did a fantastic job on conducting the first season, I hope to see more teams, more involvement of the Free Agent Thread, more fresh talent, and a progression of the Tetris Team scene. Looking forward to season 2.
"I am dreaming less and sleeping more, but I'll sell my soul for the dream you stole." - Armor for Sleep

Irvette

Hard Drop is a Tetris community for all Tetris players, regardless of skill