:Gasp: The Eurofighters

Started by Paul676, January 02, 2011, 05:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul676

Announcing: The Eurofighters

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10867570/eurofighter.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10867570/eurofighter.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

A team made up of players residing in Europe, we aim to search and destroy all in our wake, dropping tetrominoes on all adversaries at supersonic speeds.

We are up for any game the opponent may choose, and we believe that we will throw allcomers into disarray in any of Tetris Friends, Tetris Online Japan, Blockbox, NullpoMino, and even in other games such as King of Stackers, Tetris the Grand Master, Tetrinet and Cultris

Team in no particular order:

goofer
KeroKai
mippo
NoManual
Paul676
Ravendarksky
Rosti_LFC
tetrominophile
TeTWiS
               Tetris Belts!

larrytetris

Quote from: Paul676
Announcing: The Eurofighters

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5282/5318358656_b0be164f7c_z.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5282/5318358656_b0be164f7c_z.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Best image editing skills eveeerrr, the pieces blend into the sky as much as a platypus would.
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]www.hrlarry.com[/div]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.
~Martin Luther King Jr.
[/di

Paul676

I really tried!

To be honest, I was too busy training for our upcoming tetris league matches to bother with non-tetris stuff like image editing.
               Tetris Belts!

Rosti_LFC

You say in no particular order, but then you put yourself at number one... ¬_¬

Paul676

yeah, it was in the order I sent someone an e-mail asking them to join. But I wasn't on the list of the e-mail, so I put myself in first so that I wouldn't forget myself lol
               Tetris Belts!

Paradox

LOL blending-in fail.

I think its time for a team section for the forum.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Paul676

For MSPaint, I think I made a good effort

image=pro now, thanks to Rosti_LFC
               Tetris Belts!

Paul676

Tetris Belts!

xlro

Quote from: Paul676
For MSPaint, I think I made a good effort :p

image=pro now, thanks to Rosti_LFC :)
haha, I looked at the current image first and thought *agreed* when reading the comments :P
nice team tho :)
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]NullpoMino[/div]

Rosti_LFC

Don't have a convenient place to easily post this to everyone privately, so might as well post it in the thread:

Any of you guys fancy the idea of some sort of intra-team tournament? Just a simple double elim or round robin or something. Not to officially define some sort of team skill ranking or anything; just as a bit of friendly practice and bonding and stuff. I don't think I've actually played against most of you guys...  

KeroKai

Quote from: Rosti_LFC
Don't have a convenient place to easily post this to everyone privately, so might as well post it in the thread:

Any of you guys fancy the idea of some sort of intra-team tournament? Just a simple double elim or round robin or something. Not to officially define some sort of team skill ranking or anything; just as a bit of friendly practice and bonding and stuff. I don't think I've actually played against most of you guys...  

Sounds fun. Having said that...
This image immediantly pops into mind...

Hahaha. ^^'

Ukrainian4Life

Quote from: Paradox
LOL blending-in fail.

I think its time for a team section for the forum.

I agree with the idea for a team section.  
"I am dreaming less and sleeping more, but I'll sell my soul for the dream you stole." - Armor for Sleep

Paul676

hmmmm I'd be up for this but I go back to Oxford and have exams in 9 days, so I don't think it would be practicable for me to join in with it. However I could organise one if people would like - it was good fun when we did it in the crew, but others didn't like the competition so much. Maybe just having a date where we all get on NP and play with each other for friendly games or whatever might be a better idea
               Tetris Belts!

Paul676

Right: I need all of you to give me your preferences, from 1-5, with 1 being the one you'd most like to play, out of:

Type A: Change on attack, 7 previews, bag randomizer, T-spins only, all settings on (garbage block/counter, combos, etc.)
Type B: Change on attack, 7 previews, bag randomizer, All-spins (Immobile + EZ), no combos, other settings on
Type C: Change on attack, 7 previews, bag randomizer, no spins or PCs, yes combos, other settings on
Type D: Random garbage, 3 previews, 4-history randomizer, all settings off
Type E: Random garbage, 1 preview, memoryless randomizer, no spins/combos/PCs, yes block/counter

My preferences are:

1. Type C
2. Type D
3. Type A
4. Type E
5. Type B.

This is because I feel that on NP, my 4 wide is deadly, my 2nd favourite is blockbox, I'm decent at tspins, and I think that there are far better players of allspins out there, and my skill in this discipline would be wasted. Type E is the real unknown quantity, and I would have to test this out to see how fun it is.
               Tetris Belts!

Spirale

with bluesphere and me i think it's safe to say were the best team around on ps3 tetris

I think for the logo of the team something like people representing all the clichés about european countries ( baguette and beret for france, etc) taking a superhero pose would be great.

preference : ADEBC

EDIT : didnt see only combos on for C