Tetris for iPhone EA version. High scores!

Started by pointofsid, September 29, 2016, 12:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pointofsid

Hows it going ladies and gentlemen! I just downloaded Tetris for the mobile phone and completed marathon and decided to post my high score.

What was your best score with this version of EA Tetris? Version 1.6.0 for iPhone.

687k and then bumming it in endless mode right after I could have easily scored 1 mil I think:( I'll keep trying

EDIT:: Im play swipe mode!

CosmicCommunist

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK I WAS COMING HERE TO POST THIS SAME EXACT THING

~693k here. I forget the exact number, but I know it was at least 693k. 25ish minutes. One-Touch Marathon on an Android OnePlus One screen (screen sizes matter, I feel!).

BestN00b

hey what controls do you use for the mobile app?

tomcaa

Hey, lately I find this version of Tetris good for learning and practicing spins and setups when I'm out  Meanwhile, this is my best endless score (on Lenovo A5000, since April 30). I'm always on swipe mode, it is hard to play one-touch and do what you want to, especially on greater speeds.
[attachmentid=1044]

pointofsid

Quote from: BestN00b
hey what controls do you use for the mobile app?

I'm not sure what option i selected. I swipe down to hard drop. tap hold to hold. and tap the screen to rotate.

EDIT:: Definitely use swipe!

pointofsid

Quote from: CosmicCommunist
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK I WAS COMING HERE TO POST THIS SAME EXACT THING

~693k here. I forget the exact number, but I know it was at least 693k. 25ish minutes. One-Touch Marathon on an Android OnePlus One screen (screen sizes matter, I feel!).

LMAO I am the originator of this thread!!! lol maybe thats not true either..

I'm on a iphone 6s. Nice score! I definitely use swipe (had to go back and check), one touch seems easier! or rather harder on faster paced levels.

pointofsid

Quote from: tomcaa
Hey, lately I find this version of Tetris good for learning and practicing spins and setups when I'm out  Meanwhile, this is my best endless score (on Lenovo A5000, since April 30). I'm always on swipe mode, it is hard to play one-touch and do what you want to, especially on greater speeds.
[attachmentid=1044]

I agree! I think ill be learning my tst setups while on the can! super nice score on endless and i think then next time i play marathon ill post over 700k.!
swipe is way more fun!

CosmicCommunist

Quote from: pointofsid
I'm on a iphone 6s. Nice score! I definitely use swipe (had to go back and check), one touch seems easier! or rather harder on faster paced levels.

I hate using swipe on mobile devices. I like One-Touch mode since it's a different take on Tetris. It tests how well you are at putting the pieces together rather than how well you are at doing such while moving them yourself, so it's a more pure test of logic rather than skill and logic, of which you need the skill before you can into logic. Usually it takes a fraction of a second for me to decide where to place the blocks but even then. One-Touch and regular modes are good for different reasons.

pointofsid

I hate using swipe on mobile devices. I like One-Touch mode since it's a different take on Tetris. It tests how well you are at putting the pieces together rather than how well you are at doing such while moving them yourself, so it's a more pure test of logic rather than skill and logic, of which you need the skill before you can into logic. Usually it takes a fraction of a second for me to decide where to place the blocks but even then. One-Touch and regular modes are good for different reasons.

Dude you suck at tetris, aren't you the one who posted the video asking for help in marathon? lmfao oh god. my advice to you is to practice in swipe mode because it is in fact a lot more like tetris and it will better your overall game.

tomcaa

Yeah, it actually can take you a fraction of a second to decide where to place the block, but sometimes several seconds to tap before the game offers your decided position (and sometimes it just doesn't offer you that position, ever). In order to achieve great score, you are forced to do back to back t-spin setups, but they are not offered in the game by default because they are pushing the stack out of balance temporarily (you might want to check out the thread about parity for more thorough explanation). Also, in some situations you can think of placing an S/Z-spin or L/J-spin hole somewhere, which is also not a desirable move because it creates gaps, so the one-touch algorithm will try to avoid that positioning and you will have a hard time achieving that.
That's why I find the swipe mode more useful for general stacking practice. OTOH, I find it pretty much unusable in Tetris Blitz, where you can really benefit from just doing fast tetrises and combos with the one-touch mode.

pointofsid

Yeah, it actually can take you a fraction of a second to decide where to place the block, but sometimes several seconds to tap before the game offers your decided position (and sometimes it just doesn't offer you that position, ever). In order to achieve great score, you are forced to do back to back t-spin setups, but they are not offered in the game by default because they are pushing the stack out of balance temporarily (you might want to check out the thread about parity for more thorough explanation). Also, in some situations you can think of placing an S/Z-spin or L/J-spin hole somewhere, which is also not a desirable move because it creates gaps, so the one-touch algorithm will try to avoid that positioning and you will have a hard time achieving that.
That's why I find the swipe mode more useful for general stacking practice. OTOH, I find it pretty much unusable in Tetris Blitz, where you can really benefit from just doing fast tetrises and combos with the one-touch mode.

Good guy Tomcaa.

Thanks to you I learned some things about parity and holding the T tetrimino for double T's. Thank you for posting

CosmicCommunist

I beat marathon on it without really having to tap multiple times to get the positions. Usually with One-Touch, I am more using it for "I need to waste some time in between classes" usage. I mean I play NullpoMino for like. Four hours a day because currently I'm only taking an online class, so it's not like I'm not practicing. That's why I like One-Touch. It's more leisurely. I need to see later (once I get my phone fixed) if it'll automatically give you a T-Spin Triple option if set up, now that I know how to set them up.

Personally I almost hated Blitz. I just didn't like the app and the way it was set up. I don't like the whole fancy idea of powerups and whatnot. It takes away from the puzzle aspect of the game and it turned it into just another little game of microtransactions. I hate how they killed an otherwise wonderful game.

Can you please link me to the thread on parity?

estevito

What is this swipe option you all speak of? I only see options for one-touch. I'm on an iPhone 5SE

Here's my high score. I've got to break 3M now!

pointofsid

Quote from: estevito
What is this swipe option you all speak of? I only see options for one-touch. I'm on an iPhone 5SE

Here's my high score. I've got to break 3M now!

Its in the settings options i believe. you swipe down to hard drop. one touch is not preferable  

Good luck on breaking 3 mils !!

FreeLynx

I'm looking for someone who has beaten my highscore.  Help me plz. (Swipe Controls, Endless, Starting from Difficulty 1)   Highscore: 3,491,545
I made this account just so I could post this.