Tetris Ultimate is making a special announcement tomorrow…

Started by Aaron, June 01, 2015, 03:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derder

afair is it the date of the vita release. if christmas and my birthday will be on the same date (which is usually not the case) then they might announce the PC release date... which will be postponed for 3 more months somewhen later...

kastle09

Why do so many companies do the announcement of announcements. I see it everywhere nowdays.

Blink

Quote from: kastle09
Why do so many companies do the announcement of announcements. I see it everywhere nowdays.

To build hype!  Wishful thinking but I'm hoping for either the release date of TU PC or planned tournament announcement.

ManOfMiracles

The announcement is for DLC. Maybe some mino skins, and at most, an Alexey Pajitnov voice pack.
MiracleMan

Gambral

I'm guessing this will be a patch for the Xbox One and the whole release of the PS Vita version. They will also most likely announce DLC which I recall someone saying it's just invisible mode. Apparently it's already in the game. It won't be a tournament and if it is it would have to be local or they would have to patch it first. If they did it online the game would crash constantly and games would never end.

Alexandra

i hope they forget their car keys in the fridge and can't find it for an extended period of time. (but not to actually affect their lives.. just so they're annoyed ;_;)

XaeL

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

kastle09

Quote from: caffeine
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/06/out...n_plus_freebies

Oh so the news is just gonna be its out on Vita. A console which it seems noone but me plays because Persona 4 Golden is one of the greatest things to enter my life.

kastle09

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i.imgur.com/7gb6DOS.png\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"500\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i.imgur.com/7gb6DOS.png\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Get Fucked, thats it?? Thats all we get?

Are they gonna do this with PC (if we get PC) and announce it 1 day before they release.

Fuck me

KurisuKaatsu

Not going to waste my time with a lengthy review. If anyone wants to help me make a real tetris game, please PM me.

Graphics:
Looks like they took a GBA game and stretched. Looks awful on my OLED. I guess ubisoft is using those Vita 2000 now...

Badges:
Identical except no uplay. Uplay achievements replaced with "Power Play" achievements. (Essentially send a certian item tons of times)

Menu:
Identical as PS4. NO INDICATOR THAT THERE ARE MORE GAME MODES YOU HAVE TO SCROLL DOWN FOR.

(Edit: #01 Everytime you scroll down the menu, the sound effect doubles creating a overlapped clicking sound...*awful*)

Marathon:
Got a badge, glitch disabled background sound, cleared marathon, displayed badge achievement, game skipped marathon results. *sigh*

Time's Up:
Decresed value of time throughout play. Tetris soon stopped adding time to the clock around 07:00 minutes. Impossible to play forever.

Landslide:
Awesome concept. Essentialy "Make It Rain" every 10 placed pieces but also can add floating garbage. Problem  is that it fills up too quick. Can cheat mode by playing only on line 18-20.

Haunted:
Wtf, level one with no ghost piece. Soft drop galore...No fun really...

Any other questions? No? Ok.

Edit #02: Battle mode is 1v1 only.

Edit #03: Adding some things for clarification.
- Not Cross Buy
- Seperate Leaderboards (aka. Leaderboards are different per game.)
- No Cross-Save
- New Mode Flash will bubble off screen. (You can see the ripples of it on the bottom.)
- Ubisoft Splash Screen is running like 15fps

VitoKing

Quote from: KurisuKaatsu
Not going to waste my time with a lengthy review. If anyone wants to help me make a real tetris game, please PM me.

Graphics:
Looks like they took a GBA game and stretched. Looks awful on my OLED. I guess ubisoft is using those Vita 2000 now...

Badges:
Identical except no uplay. Uplay achievements replaced with "Power Play" achievements. (Essentially send a certian item tons of times)

Menu:
Identical as PS4. NO INDICATOR THAT THERE ARE MORE GAME MODES YOU HAVE TO SCROLL DOWN FOR.

(Edit: #01 Everytime you scroll down the menu, the sound effect doubles creating a overlapped clicking sound...*awful*)

Marathon:
Got a badge, glitch disabled background sound, cleared marathon, displayed badge achievement, game skipped marathon results. *sigh*

Time's Up:
Decresed value of time throughout play. Tetris soon stopped adding time to the clock around 07:00 minutes. Impossible to play forever.

Landslide:
Awesome concept. Essentialy "Make It Rain" every 10 placed pieces but also can add floating garbage. Problem  is that it fills up too quick. Can cheat mode by playing only on line 18-20.

Haunted:

Don't want to sound like another "beating a dead horse" member on here, but... really? The 3DS version seems to be the only acceptable version of TU out there. Making a Tetris game, from what I heard, is cheap and easy for developers. So why is it the Ubisoft is putting forth so little care in these releases? I'm apprehensive how good the PC version will be, but at least there if Ubisoft don't fix the issues, someone else likely will.
This is a signature... enjoy.

XaeL

We should write our own high polished version of tetris. gosh.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Gambral

Quote from: KurisuKaatsu

Graphics:

Badges:

Menu:

Marathon:

Time's Up:

Landslide:

Haunted:

Can battle mode matches go on forever like in the console versions?