Previous topic - Next topic

Wojtek

Tetris Worlds was pretty bad.
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

Superjustinbros

Quote from: Sisu
is any controller worse than this one? but somehow, i would still rather play this than Tetris Battle  
Oh my god, I have that exact same controller, thought it's broken.

I at least give credit to them for having the different modes from Tetris Worlds.

Note

Quote from: cycle
henk rogers (who still unfairly earns most cash from simply holding rights) always prides himself with doing so much for the tetris brand and keeping it high quality but the truth is MOST tetris games suck. it's a shame. i think it's because of a lack of caring.

the pattern i see is: western developed tetris is abysmal and japanese developed tetris is good.

it's difficult to single out a worst tetris. for me probably the worst game i bought with money was tetris ultimate on ps4. maybe there are worse but "unplayable and broken" is pretty hard to top.

Heh. And that's the console that's supposed to run major FPSs and stuff.

Good job, Ubisoft.

And yeah, you're right about the quality of some of the Tetris games coming out.. Some really good, others sorta lacking..
OUO

Kevcel

I'd definitely say GB Tetris. There are probably many more worse tetris games, but I feel that way too many people still associate it as THE BEST Tetris game ever.
Truth is, when it's your first tetris experience, you'd think it's a fun game with some catchy music. Only when you start playing other versions of tetris and compare it to GB Tetris, then you'd notice how bad it actually really is.
I mean, even Tetris DX on Game Boy (Color) was already waaaaaaay better.

So yeah, GB Tetris would get my 'nomination' for Worst Tetris Game, no doubt.
Day One Member of harddrop.com

cycle

Quote from: Kevcel
I'd definitely say GB Tetris. There are probably many more worse tetris games, but I feel that way too many people still associate it as THE BEST Tetris game ever.
Truth is, when it's your first tetris experience, you'd think it's a fun game with some catchy music. Only when you start playing other versions of tetris and compare it to GB Tetris, then you'd notice how bad it actually really is.

talk for yourself. and just cause it's hyped doesn´t make it the worst.

i played many versions of tetris and gb tetris is still a good fun one. id argue that the random bag is something modern tetris should revert to. or experiment with. everyone can try out classic gb tetris on tetrisfriends. it's fun.

Note

Quote from: Wojtek
Tetris Worlds was pretty bad.

Meh, a little boring, but not horrible.. Funny how the sticky tetrominoes mechanic was carried on for Rally 8P on Tetris Friends...

Does anyone even play Rally 8P? ..I don't. ._.
OUO

Kevcel

talk for yourself.
If you hadn't noticed, that's exactly what I did.

cycle

talk for yourself.
If you hadn't noticed, that's exactly what I did.

Lataxx

There is a lot of flash tetris for browser that sucks.
And Tetrix for MS-DOS ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But for official releases i dont know, a didint play nothing terribly bad to hate it, maybe Tetrisphere on N64?

PS: I love BPS Teris and Puyo/Tetris is AWESOME

cycle

Quote from: Lataxx
There is a lot of flash tetris for browser that sucks.
And Tetrix for MS-DOS ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But for official releases i dont know, a didint play nothing terribly bad to hate it, maybe Tetrisphere on N64?

PS: I love BPS Teris and Puyo/Tetris is AWESOME

not tetrisphere. that one was genius. fans have always wanted a port/remake but i bet henk said no.

VitoKing

Best: NES Tetris and GB Tetris, with an honorable mention to Tetris DS.

Worst: It's a personal things, but the New Tetris on the N64 is awkward. I'm not a fan of square Tetris, and also this was the first instance of the "infinite spin" and in multiplayer games, some people would abuses that to avoid topping out, which made playing against a buddy more annoying then fun.

But, this is my opinion.

Side note: I heard that there is a version of Tetris that was on the Dreamcast that was even more buggy then Tetris Ultimate. As a collector and out of curiosity, I want to buy it and try it, but have yet to.

I also hear Puyo/Tetris is really good, but again, haven't played it  to judge it.
This is a signature... enjoy.

Blitz

Tetris Blitz. Worst Tetris ever.

phil8715

I've just bought a 3DS a week ago and have got both titles Ultimate and Tetris 3DS which are both excellent games in their own way.

Played the DS version and what puts me off is it's too themed it has characters such as Super Mario displayed when playing it.

Super Mario is a different game all together they only connection it has with Tetris is they're are both Nintendo flag carriers.

VitoKing

Quote from: phil8715
Played the DS version and what puts me off is it's too themed it has characters such as Super Mario displayed when playing it.

Super Mario is a different game all together they only connection it has with Tetris is they're are both Nintendo flag carriers.

To me, that's why the whole combo works. Yeah, their different games, but nearly every game represented in that game paved the way for Nintendo in one shape or another. Besides that, the gameplay itself is, in my opinion, some of the tightest in the age of guideline.

Tetris Axis... it's okay. The AR modes are kind of bad, I think. And the DAS is a tad slow for my taste... granted, that's also coming from a guy who likes the classics, which seems contradictory.
This is a signature... enjoy.

Kevcel

Quote from: VitoKing
Quote from: phil8715

To me, that's why the whole combo works. Yeah, their different games, but nearly every game represented in that game paved the way for Nintendo in one shape or another. Besides that, the gameplay itself is, in my opinion, some of the tightest in the age of guideline.

Amen to that.
If you were removing the Nintendo game based themes and the standard tetris Marathon / vs modes, you're still left with few of the best non-standard tetris games that I've seen so far. Push, Touch and Catch are all great games by itself.