Midwest Gaming Classic Tetris Championship

Started by Katatoniopeth, March 13, 2014, 01:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katatoniopeth

Midwest Gaming Classic Tetris Championship

The 2014 http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/ Midwest Gaming Classic will witness the crowning of a Tetris champion for the 6th straight year!

I will be traveling to Wisconsin, maybe helpin out a bit. Cya there fellow Tetris gamers!

Winners:

2009 - Mike Winzinek
2010 - Ben Mullen (as seen in Ecstasy of Order)
2011 - Frank Westphal
2012 - Mike Winzinek
2013 - Joshua Tolles
2014 - ????

pizzapizza

what tetris game for the championship? i was curious thats why i asked

Sisu

the championship has been decided on SNEStris the last few years:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MGCTetris/

but they aren't afraid to mix it up:

stay tuned.

benmullen

Awesome!!!  Also, for any tetris players coming, we usually host a just as competitive, slightly more beer fueled unofficial competition in a hotel room every year.  This will be no exception.  And you are invited!

SiRTeTRiS

Quote from: benmullen
Awesome!!!  Also, for any tetris players coming, we usually host a just as competitive, slightly more beer fueled unofficial competition in a hotel room every year.  This will be no exception.  And you are invited!

This sounds like the party I must attend haha

benmullen

Quote from: SiRTeTRiS
This sounds like the party I must attend haha
indeed you must!

Joshua_Tolles

It sounds like its going to be a lot of fun this year. I hope I can make it.
Joshua Luke Tolles: The 2013 World MIDWEST Tetris Champion of the World

Blink

Is this going to be live streamed at all?  Or videos to watch afterwards?

benmullen

Quote from: Blink
Is this going to be live streamed at all?  Or videos to watch afterwards?

Yes, or so I think.  Its actually been josh in the past who has taken the lead in making videos for youtube.  But if he cant make it, I will be sure to bring my camera as well this year to document my ignominious defeat!

hasnopants

I just watched ecstasy of order and Id like to say Ben, you seem like a swell guy.  My friends and I will be at MGC and I was thinking of entering the tournament...however I am no where near as good as any of you.  Id love to see some amazing tetris!

benmullen

Awesome.  Please stop by and say high and compete!!!! we also have a nighttime tetris party in my room one night you could stop by (I think Saturday night)

hasnopants

Cool thanks for the invite Ben.  My friends and I have been going to the show for years but this is the first year I am really fully appreciating how cool the Tetris tournament there is!  I have an entry to the tournament (through the VIG package), but I know I have no real chance of competing with you guys...I'm more excited just to see you and the others play.  I'm sure we will bump into one another at the tournament/show at some point and we can exchange info then.  We are staying at the Sheraton Saturday night as well.

See you there!

SiRTeTRiS

Hopefully see you guys there later or tomorrow.  3rd shift blows sometimes...sigh...time to sleep lol

Sisu

Quote from: Sisu
we did not hear from SiRTeTRiS this time, but I would not be surprised at all to see him make a strong showing at MGC 2014.

edit:

Classic Tetris Goes Global