Best way to learn finesse

Started by FireTstar, January 14, 2014, 07:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravendarksky

Quote from: coconutcrusher
Whoa, just looked it up and this Nullpo League thing looks awesome! When I first started playing TF, I was struggling a lot and was thinking "Someone should make a training program .." and there ya go. Thanks for the head's up, going to give it a try now.

EDIT: Ok, this DAS is weird. I'm trying to set it closer to my DAS in TF but haven't quite found the right number yet. Will have to spend more time figuring it out later ..
I'm too lazy to dig it up for you but you can find a list of the various settings in nullpomino and how to map them to the various TF settings.

Beware though that you will quickly get frustrated when playing lots of nullpo as you effortlessly place every piece exactly where you want it and then go back to TF and make 100s of misdrops.

Achille

I suggest you learn all the movements at the same time and that you practice reallllllly slowly, something like 40 bpm, for an hour a day.

Once you've learnt them all, you'll get fast easily.

If they ever tell my story, let them say I walked with giants.

Men rise and fall like the winter wheat but these names will never die.

Let them say I lived in the time of Hector tamer of horses.

Let them say... ...I lived in the time of Achilles.

yotipo91

1. Download Belzebub League client http://celer.be/
2. Change finesse fault sound clip with screamer
3. Approach Tetris like defusing a bomb (red wire vs blue wire)
4. In no time you'll be cutting wires with your eyes closed!
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]

Sprints: Nullpo-26.78 (4/0),  TF-35.97, TOPW-29.461 (065-15), C2-36.58 (4.5/0)
[url=http://tetrison

FireTstar

Tetris Friends: FireTstar_ (on most)

NullpoMino, Tetris Online Poland, and Cultris II: Inferno (on sometimes)

Short Term Goals: Sub 35, piece preview

Long Term Goals: Sub 30, APM and LPM 50+, learn perfect clears, master T-Spins, 0 finesse errors (consistentl

yotipo91

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]

Sprints: Nullpo-26.78 (4/0),  TF-35.97, TOPW-29.461 (065-15), C2-36.58 (4.5/0)
[url=http://tetrison

coconutcrusher

Quote from: Ravendarksky
I'm too lazy to dig it up for you but you can find a list of the various settings in nullpomino and how to map them to the various TF settings.

Beware though that you will quickly get frustrated when playing lots of nullpo as you effortlessly place every piece exactly where you want it and then go back to TF and make 100s of misdrops.

Thanks, I'll look out for that.  

By the way, I figured out how to turn on the Finesse Coach and now when I'm playing, there's this weird gasp whenever I drop a piece. Does that mean I tapped too much or is it telling me there was a better spot to drop my piece (like those chess coaches)?

Nebulous

Have someone implant their memories into you.... lol other than that it's muscle memory

savior

Thanks, I'll look out for that.  

By the way, I figured out how to turn on the Finesse Coach and now when I'm playing, there's this weird gasp whenever I drop a piece. Does that mean I tapped too much or is it telling me there was a better spot to drop my piece (like those chess coaches)?

It means that there were unnecessary key presses for the piece you just played.

coconutcrusher

Quote from: savior
It means that there were unnecessary key presses for the piece you just played.

Thanks for the clarification! Good gawd, this is way harder then expected. I wish there were pop-ups that go, "Actually, you should've done it like this instead." I need an answer key.  

The other thing I notice is that even though I average 70 seconds on TF, it's hard to beat even 90s on Null even though I feel like I'm clearing lines at the same speed. Are they adding finesse penalties to the time?

savior

Thanks for the clarification! Good gawd, this is way harder then expected. I wish there were pop-ups that go, "Actually, you should've done it like this instead." I need an answer key.  

The other thing I notice is that even though I average 70 seconds on TF, it's hard to beat even 90s on Null even though I feel like I'm clearing lines at the same speed. Are they adding finesse penalties to the time?

There are no finesse penalties to the time. You should be clearing slightly faster on Null, because Null has no line clear delay while TF does. You might just not be used to playing on Null yet, probably because your DAS setting is different than in TF, or the piece skin you're using is making it more difficult. (It takes longer to distinguish pieces in the next queue if you aren't used to the current skin)