Tetris games reviews by woof

Started by oofw, June 25, 2013, 10:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oofw

First off,
Tetrisfriends
www.tetrisfriends.com

I'm sure you've heard of this tetris game before. This is one of the most played version of tetris. You may have played it in its facebook variant tetris battle. This game has many modes , including time attack, survival, and classic. You can even play against your friends or other tetris fans across the world in versus mode.

The downside to Tetrisfriends is that there are many advertisements on the site. In addition to this, many players complain of lag. Despite these disadvantages however, overall this is a decent tetris game. It is fun to unlock skins and powerups you can buy at the store. I like to pretend that tetris is my job and earn money for my family. Every month there is an "arena challenge' where you can fight with someone by betting money. If you lose you will lose your  money but if you win you will win their money.

Rating: 7.8

Culturis 2
www.getalwig.net

This is the sequel to the game Cultris 1 (I will review this in the next episode after I've played it).
The gimick to this game is the combo timer where if you make a large combo you send more lines. This game has many interesting modes and also has multiplayer. You have to download this game but you can also play it on your internet window as well. This game is substantially harder than tetrisfriends because there is no hold option and only one next piece. The upside is that you can customize the starting position of your blocks. Overall this is a very different game from Tetrisfriends, and a refreshing change from all the Tetris DS knockoffs (I will review this in next episode). It also has cool graphics.

Rating 7.7

Tetris Online Poland
www.tetrisonline.pl

This tetris game is similar to tetrisfriends except that you need to install it. The upside is that it comes in many different languages including English, Japanese, and Chinese. Even though it is Polish there does not seem to be a Polish translation.

Compared to Tetrisfriends, Tetris Online Poland does not have as many modes. There are also fewer players within its playerbase. If you do not like earning money, this is the game for you. You can buy everything in the shop for free as if you were the president himself.

Rating: 6.6 ( if you do not like earning money then 7.1)

Nullpomino
code.google.com/p/nullpomino

This game you download. However it is very difficult to set up but after you set it up there are an amazing variety of modes, many that you have not even heard before. But it takes a long time to set up. If you like setting stuff up then this is the game for you.

This game also has a multiplayer mode called "netplay". However, one disadvantage is that it is very easy for people to steal your identity on netplay due to their not being any passwords. I have not seen more than 2 people on line so I do not recommend this game if you like to battle.

Rating: 5.0 (if you like setting things up, 7.5)

more to come

Destiny

IMO lag issues within tetrisfriends would drop it's rating a lot. Even if it does take time to set up for null and there aren't many people on it, the rating wouldn't be that low. For me, the rating for Null and TF should be switched. My ratings for these platforms would be....
Tetrisfriends-6
C2-8.2
TOP-7.7
Null-7.9

Johnny147

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--] However, one disadvantage is that it is very easy for people to steal your identity on netplay due to their not being any passwords.[/quote]

You can make a password on Nullpomino.   After your nickname put #(then a password)

Integration

Quote from: oofwYou may have played it in its facebook variant tetris battle.
Tetris Friends and Tetris Battle are 2 different games. The Facebook variant of Tetris Friends was closed 9 months ago. You should make a review of Tetris Battle in your first post. Otherwise this thread is incomplete. Tetris Battle is still the most played multiplayer capable Tetris game by far.

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i40.tinypic.com/aysv7n.png\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i40.tinypic.com/aysv7n.png\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

insatiate

Please note that this is NOT a password, it is a tripcode. The hash is visible to everybody, so they CAN verify that it's you, but it is also possible to crack. Do NOT use a "password" that you use for any website or computer access in this place.

virulent

Quote from: Destiny
IMO lag issues within tetrisfriends would drop it's rating a lot. Even if it does take time to set up for null and there aren't many people on it, the rating wouldn't be that low. For me, the rating for Null and TF should be switched. My ratings for these platforms would be....
Tetrisfriends-6
C2-8.2
TOP-7.7
Null-7.9
totally agree. not positive what my ratings would be [can't think..on the phone] but the txt is spot on.[/color]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]

XaeL

Noob ratings:
Tetris Battle 11/10
Tetris Friends 10/10
TOP 0/10
Cultris 0/10
Nullpomino -5/10

Once you actually play tetris:
Tetris Battle -5/10
Tetris Friends 1/10
TOP 9/10
Cultris 9/10
Nullpomino 9/10

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

oofw

thank u for ur feedback i will amend the first post when i have time

FelipeMayrink

Quote from: XaeL
Noob ratings:
Tetris Battle 11/10
Tetris Friends 10/10
TOP 0/10
Cultris 0/10
Nullpomino -5/10

Once you actually play tetris:
Tetris Battle -5/10
Tetris Friends 1/10
TOP 9/10
Cultris 9/10
Nullpomino 9/10
I tried to find one of those "this" gifs that people use on tumblr, just to use in this quote. Couldn't find one that was not gay was good enough.

XaeL

Quote from: FelipeMayrink
I tried to find one of those "this" gifs that people use on tumblr, just to use in this quote. Couldn't find one that was not gay was good enough.
I'm sorry that i'm too good for gifs.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Katatoniopeth

Hmmm

Tetris Battle- 1/10

Tetris Friends- 6/10

Nullpomino- 8/10

TOP- 8/10

Cultris- dunno

I don't believe there is a "perfect" tetris clone out there, TOP would probably be the best, if only more people played on it... or Nullpomino... hmm idk.

XaeL

Quote from: Katatoniopeth
I don't believe there is a "perfect" tetris clone
Only Nullpo and cultris are clones. The rest are official...

MarioThePhenom

Quote from: XaeL
Only Nullpo and cultris are clones. The rest are official...
c2 is official ?

Quote from: PandaLol no, that's ludacris. I have a sentence generator, Blink....

t0x

Tetris Battle -
Tetris Friends 1/10
TOP -
Cultris 8/10
Nullpomino 4/10

MarioThePhenom

nullpo 10/10
top (no ihs/irs) 9/10
tf (if you dont lag) 7-8
c2 8.5 i guess
tb lol what

Quote from: PandaLol no, that's ludacris. I have a sentence generator, Blink....