New!

Started by Xdarkshadow8, March 19, 2013, 09:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xdarkshadow8

Never played tetris much, never had it growing up sadly. Started playing recently when I got tetris battle on facebook. I was okay at it. but then shit happened and I started playing too much, and I got pretty good (in my opinion, don't quite know the benchmarks for good, but know i'm about 4x faster than most my friends). I was refining my skills lately on tetris battle (my friend took up the rubix cube, so I decided I should get good at a different puzzle game lol). Actually now that I think of it I used to play puzzle pirates which has a suedo tetris that I was pretty good at. that's where my interest in it came from (combos on that game are much different though, very fun though). So yeah I was looking to bring my gameplay to the next level, so I decided that a PC opener would be nice to get down, so I searched and ran across a bunch of research done on this site.

So, here I am!

pizzapizza

welcome to HD  

Extruderx

Hello and welcome!

SecretSalander

welcome to hd! haha you cube? i never got good at it, my best was like mid 30s i think
40 line sprint in Nullpomino: 32.88

Panda

Quote from: Xdarkshadow8
Never played tetris much, never had it growing up sadly. Started playing recently when I got tetris battle on facebook. I was okay at it. but then shit happened and I started playing too much, and I got pretty good (in my opinion, don't quite know the benchmarks for good, but know i'm about 4x faster than most my friends). I was refining my skills lately on tetris battle (my friend took up the rubix cube, so I decided I should get good at a different puzzle game lol). Actually now that I think of it I used to play puzzle pirates which has a suedo tetris that I was pretty good at. that's where my interest in it came from (combos on that game are much different though, very fun though). So yeah I was looking to bring my gameplay to the next level, so I decided that a PC opener would be nice to get down, so I searched and ran across a bunch of research done on this site.

So, here I am!

Hi there! I am your guide Panda, the humble Tetris analyst who never actually plays Tetris  

Thanks for joining HD! You'll definitely find the "textual knowledge" and the encouragement/competition you need. Feel free to check out all our threads (including the casual ones!) as well as our informative Wiki. If you tell me your sprint time, I'll find some good opponents for you who you can practice with and build motivation.

What Tetris clients are you currently playing? What is your current playstyle? (aka combos, tspin, hybrid). Speaking of which, PC opener is cool and flashy, but in games like TF (Tetris Friends) and TOP (Tetris Online Poland), this is actually very questionable since you're essentially giving your opponent a very easy downstack weapon. But of course, PC is definitely good to know so I encourage your pursuit! (And PC knowledge is especially crucial in King of Stackers! KoS will not only help your PC pursuit but also your grasp of flexible all-spins  btw yours Aaron)

And do feel free to tell us about your own self! Such as hobbies, interests, current occupation, etc

XaeL

Quote from: Xdarkshadow8
but know i'm about 4x faster
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.