non-random garbage

Started by Integration, January 27, 2013, 02:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Integration

That video makes me believe you could top out your opponent when spins send garbage only. Probably, both players must come into the picture though.

Rule was duplicate garbage, singles don't send lines, no spin bonus, right? Did Larry and BBB agree on using spins only or are they still in King Of Stackers mode? Sometimes, it would have been better to just do some normal doubles and switch sides from time to time.

vipjun

Quote from: Integration
That video makes me believe you could top out your opponent when spins send garbage only. Probably, both players must come into the picture though.

Rule was duplicate garbage, singles don't send lines, no spin bonus, right? Did Larry and BBB agree on using spins only or are they still in King Of Stackers mode? Sometimes, it would have been better to just do some normal doubles and switch sides from time to time.

sisu and i played a few games at the end , i didn't spin too much but i feel the downstacking portion of the game is significantly different that it could change the way we play the game from today.

some things i noticed while observing.

1. garbage columns tend to stay the same once established. There's only 3 things i can think of that could change this course but i expect that most are too hard to completely eliminate this phenomenon.
 1. Clearing singles
 2. Blocking
 3. Donations (this likely adds new columns of garbage rather than change the existing ones.

2. It's favorable to try to leave the columns lowest where you anticipate where the garbage is going to come from.

3. You also want to send garbage to the side of field where your opponent is highest in.

4. With the exception of maybe "tnet cookies" knowing your opponents field is even more critical in this game than other multiplayer tetris; since you can anticipate the shape and location of garbage that will come next.

5. Donations really trow off the opposing players strategy if they invest too heavily into a certain defensive stack.