Split from: New poster moderation

Started by ohitsstef, December 03, 2012, 02:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohitsstef

Quote from: myndzi
Let me make some things clear:
You don't really have any ground to stand on after giving up in less than a week. It's pretty unfair of you to complain about other people's time investment when you won't volunteer your own.

It was a suggestion, calm your tits.
and it is unfair you keep bringing up how I gave up moderating when I told you the reason why I wasn't interested.

And you said specifically that you gave me mod so I could close the POTM voting threads - not to mod.

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

myndzi

Maybe the reason I keep bringing it up is because you keep complaining about moderation?

Whatever your dedicated task was [to be], being a moderator is being a part of the 'team' and gives you strong grounds to influence or implement change. The problem is, instead of doing so, all you do is complain about what other people are doing. (In this case, not even correctly.) So yes, every time you bring up that moderation isn't how you like, I'm going to remind you that you're being hypocritical until you start acting more mature about it.

For the record, being mature about it means offering actionable suggestions for change that are well-reasoned and are not written from the perspective of deriding someone.

MarioThePhenom

i saw we drop this all and keep the thread on topic?

Quote from: PandaLol no, that's ludacris. I have a sentence generator, Blink....

ohitsstef

Maybe the reason I keep bringing it up is because you keep complaining about moderation?

Whatever your dedicated task was [to be], being a moderator is being a part of the 'team' and gives you strong grounds to influence or implement change. The problem is, instead of doing so, all you do is complain about what other people are doing. (In this case, not even correctly.) So yes, every time you bring up that moderation isn't how you like, I'm going to remind you that you're being hypocritical until you start acting more mature about it.

I wasn't even complaining or saying that I didn't like moderation - I only said, maybe you need another active mod.

So everyone else who was giving you suggestions on how to make things easier on you has "no grounds to influence or implement change" because none of us are part of the moderating team. Yay ~

myndzi

Quote from: ohitsstef
I wasn't even complaining or saying that I didn't like moderation - I only said, maybe you need another active mod.
No, you said "an active mod":

Sounds like you need an active mod on the site, Myndzi. Someone who mod  and not just flash the mod badge around.
This is quite a different statement than "another".

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]
So everyone else who was giving you suggestions on how to make things easier on you has "no grounds to influence or implement change" because none of us are part of the moderating team. Yay ~
[/quote]
http://www.logicalfallacies.info/presumpti...the-consequent/

Quote from: MarioThePhenom
i saw we drop this all and keep the thread on topic?
I would very much like to, but there's no reason to put a stop to it. And if I asked, well, then I'd be Suppressing Free Speech or something.

ohitsstef

No, you said "an active mod":

"You need another active mod"
how bout that

you're being too sensitive about my replies.

myndzi

I am replying to what you write. If you mean something else, write something else.

MarioThePhenom

I would very much like to, but there's no reason to put a stop to it. And if I asked, well, then I'd be Suppressing Free Speech or something.
just bury the hatchet, i dont think steph would mind, you guys could very well go on for hours about this topic, and im sure you already have. but currently, its just pointless bickering about a personal feud( by the looks of it)

Quote from: PandaLol no, that's ludacris. I have a sentence generator, Blink....

myndzi

just bury the hatchet, i dont think steph would mind, you guys could very well go on for hours about this topic, and im sure you already have. but currently, its just pointless bickering about a personal feud( by the looks of it)

I have no feud with steph. I will respond to any questions or statement about my behavior as a mod because that's my responsibility. I will do it as reasonably and respectfully as possible, but that doesn't mean I will not disagree or point out flaws in arguments.

MarioThePhenom

I have no feud with steph. I will respond to any questions or statement about my behavior as a mod because that's my responsibility. I will do it as reasonably and respectfully as possible, but that doesn't mean I will not disagree or point out flaws in arguments.
oh alright, just seems like it was getting a bit too personal from my point of view

ohitsstef

For the record, being mature about it means offering actionable suggestions for change that are well-reasoned and are not written from the perspective of deriding someone.

Who was I deriding?

I wasn't even talking about you being a bad mod or anything - just from what I see there are a few mods who have the position and aren't active. That's just what I see. This shouldn't even be something worth arguing about, you took it too far. I simply wanted to point out that perhaps you should look into assigning another mod - who will be active. If you don't want to then that's cool. It was only a suggestion. I don't know why you think I was talking about your behavior as a mod. There are other mods on the site.

You have no feud with me? You sure don't make it seem that way.

myndzi

oh alright, just seems like it was getting a bit too personal from my point of view

Fair enough; I don't really have anything further to say, anyway.

You have no feud with me? You sure don't make it seem that way.

The only seeming here is that you seem not to want to be responsible for your words, while at the same time holding me responsible for words that I haven't written. Maybe things would seem different if you attempted to interpret them without your current bias.

riisssaaa

Haha~ Myndzi... you just proved your shortcomings. xDD

ohitsstef

Fair enough; I don't really have anything further to say, anyway.

The only seeming here is that you seem not to want to be responsible for your words, while at the same time holding me responsible for words that I haven't written. Maybe things would seem different if you attempted to interpret them without your current bias.

"I don't have anything further to say - except oh here!"

I was going to let this go but nahhh
What words should I be held responsible for? And what words were you to be held responsible for that you haven't written? And what is my current bias? Please explain all of this to me, I want to know.

myndzi

I'm done posting about this here. You know how to get ahold of me if you desire.