Hello from Magnetic Duckling

Started by Magnetic_Duckling, November 13, 2012, 09:21:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnetic_Duckling

I am a girl in her thirties, been playing Tetris since the Nes.
I am always mesmerized by the Tetris Grand Master games I see on youtube but I don't have access to this game so I kinda stick to the Tetris Deluxe on GB color.
Nice to meet you all and see you on the forum \o/

myndzi

Hi and welcome

It is pretty unfortunate that TGM is so scarce in the states. Some of our members actually have bought full arcade cabinets and boards for that game! There are also a handful scattered about in arcades, so if you post your general area, someone may be able to spot you one nearby. (For arbitrarily large values of 'nearby')

riisssaaa

billtsar

Hello!
You can download Texmaster (or Nullpomino) to play TGM!

pizzapizza

Confugal

Quote from: billtsar
Hello!
You can download Texmaster (or Nullpomino) to play TGM!

I second the notion of playing Texmaster!
In ARS we trust.

CaptainPaul

Welcome ! Yeah, There are several clones and variations that you can find if you stiff around here. I'm sure you would really like some of them, like the ones that emulate TGM. Good Luck.

Magnetic_Duckling

Quote from: myndzi
Hi and welcome

It is pretty unfortunate that TGM is so scarce in the states. Some of our members actually have bought full arcade cabinets and boards for that game! There are also a handful scattered about in arcades, so if you post your general area, someone may be able to spot you one nearby. (For arbitrarily large values of 'nearby')
You do realize there aren't only fields of grass outside of the US right? XD
I am in France, land of the unknown, where nothing is available... ok I might be exaggerating a bit. I have seen hardcore dudes playing on arcade in games&anime conventions so I assume there are one or 2 but no idea where.

Then again if emulation can do the job... not that I don't want the game but why is it f** zoned! I don't know how you guys feel but to me the Tetris franchise is widely seen as casual game, thus the cute wii versions and all the hardcore fun is left to the Asia ;_;

I'm gonna look into your emul advices, many tanks, I'd never heard of those before.
Is there much of a difference between the Texmaster and Nullpomino? Which would you get?

myndzi

** I don't know wtf is up, but it's got your post in moderation and I don't know how to approve it. I don't have time to figure it out but I can manually move you to the regular posters queue so you shouldn't have the problem after this. Figured it out  Also, problem fixed.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]
You do realize there aren't only fields of grass outside of the US right? XD
I am in France, land of the unknown, where nothing is available... ok I might be exaggerating a bit. I have seen hardcore dudes playing on arcade in games&anime conventions so I assume there are one or 2 but no idea where.

Then again if emulation can do the job... not that I don't want the game but why is it f** zoned! I don't know how you guys feel but to me the Tetris franchise is widely seen as casual game, thus the cute wii versions and all the hardcore fun is left to the Asia ;_;

I'm gonna look into your emul advices, many tanks, I'd never heard of those before.
Is there much of a difference between the Texmaster and Nullpomino? Which would you get?
[/quote]

Haha, sorry. You're in Amnesia's range, maybe he knows something.

Texmaster is not 100% perfectly accurate, but it sees wide use and seems to be the first pick of TGM players for clones. For emulation, there's some custom patched builds of mame floating around for TGM, which will work for TAP. You might also be interested in tetrisconcept, they have a strong TGM focus and leaderboards for all the game types in their forums. There are probably posts about exactly this laying around. TGM talk is welcome here too, of course!

PetitPrince

Quote from: myndzitetrisconcept
And half of the newcomers at TC are french/francophone, c'est complètement dingos.
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
Neon TGM Evangelist :: "Tetris the Grand Master is the best (single player) Tetris ever"
I wrote TeDiGe-2 (Github | Bug/suggestion tickets | [url=http:/

Magnetic_Duckling

** I don't know wtf is up, but it's got your post in moderation and I don't know how to approve it. I don't have time to figure it out but I can manually move you to the regular posters queue so you shouldn't have the problem after this. Figured it out  Also, problem fixed.
Neat, I was wondering why my posts would take ages to show up =p

Quote from: PetitPrince
And half of the newcomers at TC are french/francophone, c'est complètement dingos.
o rly? Maybe I should join 'em too.

Rosti_LFC

Go look into TetrisConcept. It's where all the decent western TGM players congregate anyway (and have awesome meets on a fairly regular basis), and it's already got too many lots of French players on there. IDK if I can link to stuff on here, but someone there can almost certainly hook you up with TGM gameplay.

If you've been to Stunfest (only French convention thing I know that's had TGM) then chances are you've met or at least seen a couple of the French TC guys anyway.

You're in Amnesia's range, maybe he knows something.

Stay away from Amnesia though. Bad advice from myndzi here. Putting the fact that he can be a bit of a nutcase aside (we love him really), he's probably the worst person to go to for tech support and I'd expect would be one of the first to admit it.

myndzi

Haha, no, he's the only French player I could think of. Hi PetitPrince, sorry!

But really I only meant as far as if there are machines about, not for technical support  Pay attention to Rosti, he knows what's up.

Rosti_LFC

Haha, no, he's the only French player I could think of. Hi PetitPrince, sorry!
PetitPrince is Swiss, just for the record

But really I only meant as far as if there are machines about, not for technical support  Pay attention to Rosti, he knows what's up.
Amnesia's actually been living in Hungary for the last year or so, so could well be out of the loop. For locations of TGM hardware I don't know a huge amount besides Jago has TGM1, TGM2+ and TGM3 (lives in Strasbourg), and that cyberguile has TGM1 and TGM2+ afaik (lives in Lyon). There are probably others in France on top of that (there's at least one more TAP PCB in the Lyon area, for example).

Magnetic_Duckling

Quote from: Rosti_LFC
Amnesia's actually been living in Hungary for the last year or so, so could well be out of the loop. For locations of TGM hardware I don't know a huge amount besides Jago has TGM1, TGM2+ and TGM3 (lives in Strasbourg), and that cyberguile has TGM1 and TGM2+ afaik (lives in Lyon). There are probably others in France on top of that (there's at least one more TAP PCB in the Lyon area, for example).
You do realize when you say TAP PCB I have no idea what you're talking about right? (noob remember?)
I live in Paris' suburbs anyway so this is a no go ;_;
I have seen Jago on youtube, but I assume everyone has.
Never been to Stunfest but I've came back to France only a couple month back. I'll probably drag my arse to the next one, whenever that is.

So yea, I tried to play Shirase and I think my brain started malfunctioning...
Also WHY ON EARTH does the T piece fall in the opposite direction compared to Tetris DX, it's like I have to relearn a lifetime of habits... gah ><;;
YES complaining already, it's the French trademark, isn't it