(Tournament) Team 3x3

Started by myndzi, July 26, 2012, 04:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myndzi

Event date: August 19 @ 10am PST/6pm GMT

Details
Three-player teams will compete in a tournament to see which team is the most versatile!

There will be three types of games. I'll be using the HDTL presets for simplicity's sake. The game types are:

Type A: TOJ-style
Type B2: Nullpo-style allspins with 60 frame entry delay
Type D: Blockbox-style

Room presets:
[spoiler]
Remember to remove any spaces from the preset codes when importing them. Presets will need to be used with the corresponding rule file.

A: eNrTNbT2cAnx0Q6pLEjVdrQ2sjYAw7TEnOJU65Ki0lRra2MDa0NrMwOoDIhnCBQAy2EjIFp1Da1NoUxMEqzO0ABkHJIWLAqhDgEAlS42Ow==

B2: eNrTNbQOzskvLy7IzCu2NrI2AMO0xJziVOuSotJUa2tDU2tDazMDKDKwNjawNjQEqgTLIilE4kNIY6ByQxQRZBKs3NAApAShHYs6qGMAfHs3mw==

D: eNrTNbT2cAnx0Q6pLEjVdrE2sjYAw7TEnOJU65Ki0lRra2MDa0NrMwOoDIhnCKTBckjKIExkUtfQ2hSLMDJpaICwDEJiUQRVAACSUze0
[/spoiler]

Before the event, teams will select two game types for each player to participate in: A and B, B and D, or D and A. These assignments will be used for the entire event.

Teams will compete in a match consisting of 3 sets (one for each game type). Each set will be 2v2 first to 5, and the match itself will be best of 3.

With 3 teams, we will run a round-robin tournament to seed a mini-elimination bracket. Highest scoring team in the round robin portion will get a bye for the first round of elim.

Scheduling
Date and time has been chosen, contact me in case of any conflict.

Current teams

STARS
  • arf
  • ohitsstef
  • profane
SJB
  • SirJeivus
  • Johnny147
  • MicroBlizz
The Transatlantics
  • larrytetris
  • ZeroT
  • Paul676
ilovebjarne
  • Barneey
  • Estrelleta
  • xenoslash

ohitsstef

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

myndzi

Sticking to one platform. Nullpomino is easiest and most familiar to me.

ohitsstef

will a patch dl be required?

myndzi

No. I don't have the time to put in motion what I wanted to. I am willing to take the time to do something though. I'm keeping this one short of necessity in my own schedule but also because of the lull in activity.

ohitsstef

do you plan on having a match once a week?

myndzi

I plan on sizing the matches to be completed in a single weekend. Unless there is a LOT of interest in a longer duration event.

joeybeans

Sign me up! I'm interested in all nullpo-based tourneys  

MarioThePhenom

id be down for this.... now i just need to find two pple to play on my team

Quote from: PandaLol no, that's ludacris. I have a sentence generator, Blink....

Paradox

would play
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

virulent

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]

ZeroT

☠ ZeroT

Profane

Paul676

Tetris Belts!

StS

Interested, but not available for the next two weeks. When will the tournament be starting?
Sandal that Stinks

Current 40L (Nullpo): 35.32s