Im having trouble

Started by ZeroT, June 25, 2012, 01:38:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeroT

Hey guys its been awhile, ive been around but havent really been playing tetris lately and a big part of that is this problem.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]

My pieces are locking, missing inputs, incorrect inputs, and worst of all when I use my stardard controls when I hard drop it will drop multiple pieces often (like the last two clips). In this video, the pauses are input problems not hesitations.

This problem probably started around a month ago when I already didnt often play. I'd knock out some 40L to pass the time every few days and maybe hop on TF once a week or so, but I wasnt doing any real tetris intensive stuff to my keyboard.

My keyboard is the same as Blink's the Steelseries 7G which is a mechanical keyboard that doesn't break easily. Its hard to believe that only my tetris controls would all go whack around the same time, even though I didnt play it that much and the FPS games I play all the time, those controls i've never had a problem with. Its connected to my pc by PS/2. And Ive had this problem across all games np, TOJ, and TF.

I'd like some outside opinions. Its hard to finish one single player game of 40L, much less play multiplayer effectively.
☠ ZeroT

Agamemnon

That'd explain our recent game..!

Any java updates recently that may have made it funky? It looks like your nullpo behaves like TF!

myndzi

The video can't really illustrate the trouble you are having. I suggest you try deliberately holding down every combination of keys you could possibly use and verify that your keyboard isn't blocking the input of specific combinations. Besides that, it looks like your DAS sense might be off a little. Tetris is very precise, while FPS games are not. I mean, in an FPS you have to aim, but if you're off by a few pixels or a few frames that's not going to matter. In Tetris it does matter. If the problem is common to Nullpomino and TF, it's not likely to be the programming of either game, since they are written in completely different technologies. My understanding of the Steelseries is that it's not the kind of keyboard you would experience blocked inputs with. The only thing I can surmise is that you're just a bit rusty? Try increasing your DAS a bit and relaxing some. Or, give more information about the specific problems you are experiencing...

XaeL

Maybe your keyboard is broken.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

caffeine

First try a different keyboard and see if you still have the problem.

Paul676

re-download nullpo 7.5, or download nullpo 7.6, and see what happens. What about Tetris Friends? Does it have that problem there too?
               Tetris Belts!

Lucho

what about diagonal move  
[div align=\\\"center\\\"][spoiler]
Funky Ruskie[/div][div align=\\\"center\\\"] [/div][/spoiler]

ohitsstef

i think it might be the game itself and not your keyboard because i had the same problem with cultris 2 a few weeks ago. i uninstalled and reinstalled a new copy and it was fine.

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

ZeroT

Yeah I thought It might be bad too, so I fresh installed a new copy of 7.5.0 np from the nullpomino.it.cx site, and had the same problem

yeah thats a good idea to try a new keyboard. I dont get the same problems on my laptop, but I cant play as fast on that.
☠ ZeroT

XaeL

ZeroT: My inputs are fu**ing up but it CANT BE MY KEYBOARD COZ ITS A STEELSERIES 7G.

Others: Maybe you should try changing your keyboard

ZeroT: Maybe its my keyboard

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Paradox

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--] dont get the same problems on my laptop, but I cant play as fast on that.
[/quote]

duh bro! switch keyboards is the first step
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

perfectclear

if you really dont think its your keyboard, (I also have a steelseries 7g- IT CAN MESS UP), try using your 7g on your laptop.

Alucard

You can always try to clean the keys.. You know, taking them off the keyboard and cleaning haha

ZeroT

I have indeed kept the switches clean and such since I got this keyboard.

I tested my keyboard on my laptop and had similar problems, and also tested on my desktop without any of the problems. Logic will basically tell me that my keyboard is the problem

I have never heard of the 7G having any problems with double inputs and missing inputs before, I suppose Im really unlucky.
☠ ZeroT