Can't install latest version of c2

Started by joeybeans, June 13, 2012, 08:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeybeans

I get these error messages:

The procedure entry point GetLogicalProcessorInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

and

Cannot load library 'C:DOCUME~1\euser\LOCALS~1\Temp\InstTemp1\customization.dll'

Any suggestions?

Shizi

ohitsstef

http://gewaltig.net/Forums/Thread.aspx?pag...&thread=374

you use a macbook right?
lol i actually replied to you in the cultris forums too

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

Simon

I guess you're on Windows XP? Did you ever install Serivce Pack 3 that came out 4+ years ago and contains critical security updates?

joeybeans

Shizi: Advice or gtfo.  I never even see you on c2.
Stef: Nah I play c2 on my windows xp.  I only use my macbook to play nullpo.
Simon: Thanks I'll try that.

[Edit]
It works now thanks! The update worked.

Shizi

yeah i take it back

only noobs play c2

joeybeans

Shizi's helpfulness in this post = 0%

Blink

I agree with joey - consider this a warning.  In order to keep at least some quality in this forum, from now on make sure any posts contribute to the discussion, especially in threads like this one requesting help.

ohitsstef

Quote from: Blink

I agree with joey - consider this a warning.  In order to keep at least some quality in this forum, from now on make sure any posts contribute to the discussion, especially in threads like this one requesting help.

can you please define what a quality is in terms of "some quality in this forum"?
.__.

Blink

Quote from: ohitsstef
can you please define what a quality is in terms of "some quality in this forum"?
.__.

A level of forum quality where members don't get called a noob just for asking how to get a game working.

ohitsstef

Being called a noob on a forum does not take quality away from it.. I think it adds character. Like you said before, "it is the internet" - being so, it is expected to have a few people here and there call others names.

If you're going to give Shizi a warning for calling Joeybeans a noob, I hope you're going to go through all of the past few forums and give other users warnings as well (if they've anything on the same level as he has done).  It'd only be fair.

Blink

Being called a noob on a forum does not take quality away from it.. I think it adds character. Like you said before, "it is the internet" - being so, it is expected to have a few people here and there call others names.

If you're going to give Shizi a warning for calling Joeybeans a noob, I hope you're going to go through all of the past few forums and give other users warnings as well (if they've anything on the same level as he has done).  It'd only be fair.

Are you suggesting I allow members to call eachother noobs on help threads rather than actually help eachother out?  Sorry to disappoint,  but I'm not going to do that.

I am only one person who is pretty busy and can moderate only on what I see, so no I will not go back and dig up old threads to moderate.  I am not targetting Shizi if that's what you think, it's just obvious that this case needed moderation as he replied more than once in the same thread with condescending replies rather than helping joey.

If you have any other questions about moderation you can PM me or another moderator about it, as you already know by now from previous threads.

ohitsstef

Quote from: Blink
Are you suggesting I allow members to call eachother noobs on help threads rather than actually help eachother out?  Sorry to disappoint,  but I'm not going to do that.

I am only one person who is pretty busy and can moderate only on what I see, so no I will not go back and dig up old threads to moderate.  I am not targetting Shizi if that's what you think, it's just obvious that this case needed moderation as he replied more than once in the same thread with condescending replies rather than helping joey.

If you have any other questions about moderation you can PM me or another moderator about it, as you already know by now from previous threads.

"it's the internet"

Blink

"it's the internet"

Okay it's clear this isn't really going anywhere, from now on keep your posts on topic stef.

ohitsstef

you're the one who got off topic first!

@joeybeans i'm glad you got the game working now we can battle!