Bringing back Blockbox

Started by arf, May 10, 2012, 01:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arf

Hi guys, I want to start something that I call the BBBB movement. Blockbox has lost almost all of its popularity and all the tetris newcomers are unlikely to try the game because of the lack of players. I've been signed into Blockbox quite often for the past few days and I am always the only one in the lobby. As part of the BBBB movement, I think it would be a great idea to have events like scheduled FFA matches and tournaments.

BBBB Events
Scheduled FFA Friendlies:
Every Friday at 11:00 AM PST

Tournaments:
TBA

Current supporters:
arf
profane
barneey
maii04
ohitsstef
paul676

let me know if you support this idea! I'll be on tomorrow (Friday) at 11:00 AM PST to see if anyone else is on to play some ffa.  

edit: also, if the scheduled FFA time is inconvenient for people, there can be multiple scheduled events! just post your most convenient times and we can come up with some more scheduled games. hopefully it can get to the point where a lot of people are signing on again and we don't have to keep up with the scheduled games to make it active like it once was.

Maii04

I support this
However this time is bad for me. I can do Monday through Thursday :)

ohitsstef

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

larrytetris

I like blockbox! But, 11:00 pm Friday couldn't be worse.
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]www.hrlarry.com[/div]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.
~Martin Luther King Jr.
[/di

Paul676

I'm in - I can do 11am PST Fridays, but not today. I am all for making new slots.

p.s. have bb records broken again? I've now got screenshots of the important records screens for 40 lines, driller, and survivor, so if they are down I'll upload them to HD.
               Tetris Belts!

arf

the first BBBB event yesterday was a huge success! once a week is definitely not enough, so i might have another one scheduled for the middle of the week.

StS

Playing on BB last night was good fun. I have to improve a lot before I can take on the people in the BBBB movement, though.
Sandal that Stinks

Current 40L (Nullpo): 35.32s

Sisu

i remember this was fun. when's the next one?

old accounts still work at http://playground.gamepoint.com/

jkwon23

Quote from: Sisu
i remember this was fun. when's the next one?

old accounts still work at http://playground.gamepoint.com/
I want to participate.

jackh1771

i made an account on gamepoint but that account doesn't work on playground.gamepoint and I cant open blockbox without an account.. Cant find where to register on playground.gamepoint.com

Paul676

Tetris Belts!

Boingloing

Is this coming back? Can't do it at the originally scheduled time but eh I support it lol

g u r l g a m e r

Sisu

• get a committed streamer (jkwon?)
  • streamer sets date/time
  • ????
  • PROFIT!!!

Danieru

• get a committed streamer (jkwon?)
  • streamer sets date/time
  • ????
  • PROFIT!!!
Sounds good! I'm in I have never played BlockBox but I hope to do so quite soon.
Just an Irish tetris player.

jkwon23

Quote from: Danieru
    1. get a committed streamer (jkwon?)[/li]
Sounds good! I'm in I have never played BlockBox but I hope to do so quite soon.
I never said I would do this. danieru, you will need an old account to play Blockbox and other Playground games, so you will not be able to participate just by signing up for an account.

If this happens, how many people will show? 4?3?2? Most of the old members are not active.